mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

2 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Ironic.  Newcastle fans are done because he left.  We'd be done if we hired him.

To me, it's more likely Spain hire him as Enrique's replacement.

I think he's going to head to China and cash in.

53 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

After the huge split in the fan base this season surely the club wouldn't be stupid enough to appoint Rafa and do it all over again.

There will be no split in the fan base if the FSW arrives, everyone will be united in telling him to f**k off!!

Now an exciting few weeks have turned into terrifying weeks!

Oh god no...I don't think Lampard is ready yet, but it's a no-brainer if FSW is the other option.

26 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Just had a mate txt, reckons he's seen the FSW driving through Cobham......

It's happening!!!!!!

Oh sh*t...?

It couldn't really happen could it?

30 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Just had a mate txt, reckons he's seen the FSW driving through Cobham......

It's happening!!!!!!

Someone I know was just eating at El Metro and Rafa served him.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

So rafa is NOT staying on with the toon. No compo needed, that is the sort of deal Marina can get behind!

Please don't make it worse :shok:

#comebackmaurizioyourenotsobadafterall

Haven't really been online a lot, but I think I'm the only one who's really depressed and pessimistic about our upcoming season, I don't even think I can see a top 6 finish at the rate we are going. 

It's the worst I've ever felt about football and Chelsea ever, as I can't really remember pre Abramovich. I'm sure many think I'm just being dramatic here but it's really painful to see how things are turning out. 

22 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Haven't really been online a lot, but I think I'm the only one who's really depressed and pessimistic about our upcoming season, I don't even think I can see a top 6 finish at the rate we are going. 

It's the worst I've ever felt about football and Chelsea ever, as I can't really remember pre Abramovich. I'm sure many think I'm just being dramatic here but it's really painful to see how things are turning out. 

I understand your feelings.  It looks bleak on paper.  And we may indeed have to suffer through a really bad season to get to the point where we can move forward.

On the positive side, I have a relative calmness for this time of year, because I don't have to read the ridiculous daily stories linking us to every available Tom, Dick, or Sven.  And with Cech back and rumored Lampard team taking over, what appears to be a new & different direction.

There are reasons to be optimistic in the face of apparent negativity.  

31 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I just think people have lowered their expectations, so maybe this is why you think people aren't as pessimistic. I have been preparing myself for this since the transfer ban was announced. With Hazard leaving, and the squad needing a refresh in certain areas, it was the worst time to pick up a transfer ban. From that moment, I gave up on expecting us seriously competing for top 4 or any trophies next season.

33 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

I understand your feelings.  It looks bleak on paper.  And we may indeed have to suffer through a really bad season to get to the point where we can move forward.

On the positive side, I have a relative calmness for this time of year, because I don't have to read the ridiculous daily stories linking us to every available Tom, Dick, or Sven.  And with Cech back and rumored Lampard team taking over, what appears to be a new & different direction.

Tom, Dick and Sven went to a bar... 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Frank in charge, potential of some Chelsea youngsters getting a chance, for me a lot to look forward to, beats that bullsh*t Sarriball and Higuain up front.

Feels like breath of fresh air compared to the last two seasons where we had two managers that stunk the place out.

3 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

......and then they gave the job to Benitez!!!!

Posted (edited)

Benitez would probably have the finish highest in the league / give us the best chance of winning a trophy out of anyone we could get. 

But I'd rather piss in my eye than have him join. 

Edited by bisright1

8 hours ago, chi blue said:

There will be no split in the fan base if the FSW arrives, everyone will be united in telling him to f**k off!!

Very true meant more to say the toxic atmosphere among fans will continue.

Anyway f**k the FSW Frankies coming home utc.

8 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Benitez would probably have the finish highest in the league / give us the best chance of winning a trophy out of anyone we could get. 

He wouldn't, he spends his time cultivating a relationship with the fans, pushing some pretend "oh our board are so bad, but I'm with you lovely fans, I'm one of you" agenda so he can do no wrong and it's always the clubs owners fault. His tactics are basic, he isn't some kind of genius as the Liverpool centric media make him out to be. 

Well I guess I’ve made a career out of having a different view and I’d rather have Rafa for a few years while Lampard proves whether he’s got it as a manager. 

‘We took Torres from Liverpool, a decision I always hated why not Rafa, he’s a good manager achieved a level of success at just about every club he’s been to. He’s managed Chelsea before. Anyway that’s my view. 

20 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Well I guess I’ve made a career out of having a different view and I’d rather have Rafa for a few years while Lampard proves whether he’s got it as a manager. 

‘We took Torres from Liverpool, a decision I always hated why not Rafa, he’s a good manager achieved a level of success at just about every club he’s been to. He’s managed Chelsea before. Anyway that’s my view. 

His record has nothing to do with it. He hates us and we hate him. The board know this so he won't be coming. He just won't.

He's going to China anyway.

12 hours ago, chi blue said:

Frank in charge, potential of some Chelsea youngsters getting a chance, for me a lot to look forward to, beats that bullsh*t Sarriball and Higuain up front.

Feels like breath of fresh air compared to the last two seasons where we had two managers that stunk the place out.

That’s much like how I feel.

Transition in football is a journey not a sprint.That said I wouldn’t dismiss our chances of a decent season as easily as some seem to be doing.

In a way the constant stream of trophies has delayed what surely was inevitable at some point namely we had to take value from those loaned out but more importantly the academy.We should be embracing the change and opportunities that the ban offers. As they say make the negative a positive.

We, or more to the point RA has spent millions, no tens of millions, no hundreds of millions on players who added little to the team or come to that the squad now for a very short period of time it seems that we will not, for one or two transfer windows, have to endure constant press speculation as to who is going to arrive.

There is no doubt that losing Eden has weakened the squad but him leaving was always likely at the end of 2018/19 so who would  have replaced him even if we could buy?

None of use have a clue how Pulisic will perform but he probably is a good a replacement as we could have got. Gary Cahill has been a fantastic servant but let’s be honest his time was done.

A few others are in decline but not yet enough to call time on them but even then bringing back a couple of defenders maybe a midfielder or two and who knows two forwards may well, save losing Eden, will the squad be worse ?