mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

Tell you what, if we hire Lampard we better not be idiots and demand a top 4 finish this coming season. Because the chances of that are slim to none with any manager with the kind of squad we are going to go into the season with. It will by a distance be the weakest of the Roman-era and I would not be overly surprised if we are upper mid-table with the injuries we already have and the overall look of the squad.

It will have to be a “no-pressure” kind of season where we have a go at it in the cups and do as well as we can in the league but in terms of results its going to have to be sacrificed for the long-term health of the Club.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Replace the manager who experienced supporter unrest with someone the supporters have previously and openly hated?  

This sounds like Rafa's agent planting a story trying to put a scare into Newcastle to further his contract offer and free up some funds to spend.  

Just now, Davey Baby said:

I think we should hire Rafa with Jose as his number 2.

If you find roles on their staff for AVB & Scolari, you'd have something...……...

If Mourinho returns i won't be renewing my membership, I can't even begin to express what a disaster that would be.

26 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

I think we should hire Rafa with Jose as his number 2.

Replace Jose with Gerrard and you've got yourself a deal! 

Last year the comments were the same. Give the new manager time, don`t touch him. December come 90% of the forum - SACK Sarri he is usless, he is clueless, he is stubborn, his tactics not work, he doesn`t have plan B, and blq, blq, blq ...

Before that the same s**** with Conte.

Now i give Lampard 3-4 months before people start wanting his head. And the reason will be that he is a inexperienced. Yet the same people were saying in the summer he is the best choice for US and they will support him and everyone should give hime time.

There is something very much wrong with our team and supporter. Automatically if we don`t get what fans think we deserve at placing/results they blame the manager - always.

Just before few years we were infront of Liverpool and in the same league with City, now both teams are miles ahead. Guess why ?

Oh man if we thought the chants at the bridge were bad for Sarri imagine if we gave the job to Rafa. Lol

Why would he come if Newcastle are about to get a huge cash injection though?

56 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If Ten Hag is so adept at working with younger players, why would he be cautious about coming to work for a club under a transfer ban that happens to have a highly touted group of young players?

What he should be cautious about is working for a club that traditionally has high expectations and little tolerance for not meeting them.

23 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Why would he come if Newcastle are about to get a huge cash injection though?

Probably because a new owner would have their own ideas on who they wanted to be the manager .... and that person could easily be someone else, hence FSW contract not yet renewed ...

1 hour ago, Eskimo123 said:

Last year the comments were the same. Give the new manager time, don`t touch him. December come 90% of the forum - SACK Sarri he is usless, he is clueless, he is stubborn, his tactics not work, he doesn`t have plan B, and blq, blq, blq ...

Now i give Lampard 3-4 months before people start wanting his head. And the reason will be that he is a inexperienced. Yet the same people were saying in the summer he is the best choice for US and they will support him and everyone should give hime time.

There is something very much wrong with our team and supporter. Automatically if we don`t get what fans think we deserve at placing/results they blame the manager - always.

Just before few years we were infront of Liverpool and in the same league with City, now both teams are miles ahead. Guess why ?

No fanset has altered as much as ours over the years.

I remember when we were the loudest, maddest, funniest supporters in the land.

We were by and large a happy go lucky bunch- then came success, and what do with have now- a Stadium  full of mostly miserable c...s, who only come to life when we’re winning, plus glory hunters from across the globe crying their eyes out because we’re no longer top of the tree.

1 hour ago, Eskimo123 said:

Couldnt agree more tbh. And in all honesty, it goes way further back than just Sarri and Conte, its been a problem for as long as I can remember. 

Im not sure why we are this way, the manager seems to get the lions share of the blame, and the fans are quick to turn on them. 

Actually quite frustrating because some of the managers that have been sacked too early for us, have gone on to perform well at other places. I really do wish Sarri would have stayed, but it looks like thats not happening anymore.

1 minute ago, Ewell CFC said:

No fanset has altered as much as ours over the years.

I remember when we were the loudest, maddest, funniest supporters in the land.

We were by and large a happy go lucky bunch- then came success, and what do with have now- a Stadium  full of mostly miserable c...s, who only come to life when we’re winning, plus glory hunters from across the globe crying their eyes out because we’re no longer top of the tree.

The demographics has changed for all clubs. Way more females attend games than back in the day, more kids, more minorities, and noticeably more global fans (some call them tourist fans). 

Just now, coco said:

The demographics has changed for all clubs. Way more females attend games than back in the day, more kids, more minorities, and noticeably more global fans (some call them tourist fans). 

Tourist fans in UK pretty much 99% applies to only Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. 

Don't think any other club in UK has anywhere near as much tourist fans as the original top 4

1 minute ago, ENygma said:

Tourist fans in UK pretty much 99% applies to only Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. 

Don't think any other club in UK has anywhere near as much tourist fans as the original top 4

Were in West London, so no surprise we have more, but the demographics has changed in every football league ground in this country. Something that should be welcomed, if the atmosphere goes down then something else is wrong, things like friends/family being split up is the main issue.

The last thing i wanna see happen is to appoint Lampard and in less than 6 months to sack him, because there is a huge, huge chance that will happen.

And i also see this thing mention that he play the youngester. But in Chelsea is a complete different story. I can bet you won`t see him integrate much youngester as a lot of poster here think will happen. Many reason for that, won`t explain them, cause it`s close to the brain.

BTW i thought Sarri is a guy who work with what he have and not complain much about new transfer. Then how we manage to make another hole between the manager and the board? What is the number of managers now that have problems with the board?

We need high quality top coach, similar to Klopp, and to give him promise, once the ban is gone he will recieve every credit and money to build the squad he want and think it`s the right one.

But is there high quality manager on the marker right now ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Eskimo123 said:

The treatment of Sarri was unjustified and some of the fans behaved in a petulant, embarrassing way

But there's no way our fans turn on Lampard IMO don't forget, Mourinho had us almost in a relegation battle and the fans still chanted his name

Lampard is one of the greatest players to ever play for us, he even ended up at City and scored against us and the supporters still adored him

The fans would follow someone like Lampard to the end as he's carved out a legacy at this football club that could never be tarnished 

Edited by Sparkz