TheFunkeyGibbon

Ola Aina, no longer a Blue

50 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6388246-torino-president-confirms-permanent-signing-of-chelsea-youngster-ola-aina?utm_source=fotmob&utm_medium=share

I was quite disappointed to see this. €10m seems quite cheap for a decent youth player these days.

Not read anywhere what the loan agreement was so it’s possible, no probable,  that the transfer fee was on top of a loan fee.

Irrespective because the FIFA rules are changing we have to significantly reduce the number of players we have out on loan.

I guess the question being asked would be what are the conditions attached for instance will their be add ons? Will we have a buy back option ? Will there be a % payable if he is sold on?

The simple fact is that a large number of players that have come through the academy are competent players but not at this point in time going to break into our first team squad.Aina falls into that bracket and at 22 years of age it probably is better to take the smaller up front fee and see what happens.

I fully expect a significant number of our loan players to be sold on this year. The majority will be players like Moses, Kennedy and Rahman. In other words players that  have a chance failed moved away on loan and done ok but not enough to suggest they have improved enough. Add to that a number who have graduated through our academy and reached age 22-23.and won’t be challenging for a squad place.

Eden going has helped the coffers considerably but if we see between 10&15 players leave  from those out on loan on top of the likes  of Zappacosta and Drinkwater my  guess is that we could see sale proceeds of between £250 & £350 million.

Edited by terraloon

2 minutes ago, terraloon said:

Not read anywhere what the loan agreement was so it’s possible, no probable,  that the transfer fee was on top of a loan fee.

Irrespective because the FIFA rules are changing we have to significantly reduce the number of players we have out on loan.

I guess the question being asked would be what are the conditions attached for instance will their be add ons? Will we have a buy back option ? Will there be a % payable if he is sold on?

The simple fact is that a large number of players that have come through the academy are competent players but not at this point in time going to break into our first team squad.Aina falls into that bracket and at 22 years of age it probably is better to take the smaller up front fee and see what happens.

I fully expect a significant number of our loan players to be sold on this year. The majority will be players like Moses, Kennedy and Rahman. In other words players that But also a number who have graduated through our academy and reached age 22-23.

Eden going has helped the coffers considerably but if we see between 10&15 players leave  from those out on loan on top of the likes  of Zappacosta and Drinkwater my  guess is that we could see sale proceeds of between £250 & £350 million.

I hope you are right because we have a massive amount of deadwood out on loan. 

Its almost a bit strange, our loan army is either split into junk that'll never make our starting XI or serious young talent that just need some minutes at a good league. 

Of course there are some exceptions like Bakayoko, who seems to have made a massive turnaround, but I'm all for lowering the number of loanees and be left with quality and not quantity.

26 minutes ago, terraloon said:

I fully expect a significant number of our loan players to be sold on this year. The majority will be players like Moses, Kennedy and Rahman. In other words players that But also a number who have graduated through our academy and reached age 22-23.

Do the new loan rules go into place for the 2019-20 season?

If so, you make a good point.  Transfer ban notwithstanding, we may be forced to sell quite a few players just due to the fact that we can’t loan them.  I don’t see many of them happy to stay and not play.  Drinkwater was an anomaly.

13 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Do the new loan rules go into place for the 2019-20 season?

If so, you make a good point.  Transfer ban notwithstanding, we may be forced to sell quite a few players just due to the fact that we can’t loan them.  I don’t see many of them happy to stay and not play.  Drinkwater was an anomaly.

I think they were agreed in principle in  18/19 there was a planned year 19/20 to enable clubs to sort themselves out and  the new arrangements were meant to be  fully implemented for year 20/21.

Everything i have read indicates the loan restriction wouldnt apply for u21 players, so i dont think it will change us as much as people think. 

Hopefully it just stops us holding onto the likes of piazon, kalas, etc, instead of just moving then on when they are at a decent value. 

Aina being sold is disappointing, but i think like Boga and Ake there will be a buy back clause, considering how cheap the fee was. 

Just now, big blue said:

Everything i have read indicates the loan restriction wouldnt apply for u21 players, so i dont think it will change us as much as people think. 

Hopefully it just stops us holding onto the likes of piazon, kalas, etc, instead of just moving then on when they are at a decent value. 

Aina being sold is disappointing, but i think like Boga and Ake there will be a buy back clause, considering how cheap the fee was. 

It’s unlikely to impact on home grown players under the age of 22 or 23 or possibly domestic loans but there is , l suspect, a link to the age after which clubs no longer qualify for training compensation . Aina is soon to be 23 so would count as one of the allowed number going forward.

3 minutes ago, terraloon said:

It’s unlikely to impact on home grown players under the age of 22 or 23 or possibly domestic loans but there is , l suspect, a link to the age after which clubs no longer qualify for training compensation . Aina is soon to be 23 so would count as one of the allowed number going forward.

I think it is linked into the age of the player, we have loads of players that currently fit into that over 23 bracket that have no real chance of getting into the team. I suspect most will leave this summer anyway, and a few whose contract expires next summer before the restrictions come into place.

Piazon  2019

omeroe 2020

Baba 2020

Kenedy 2020

kalas 2021

Van ginkel  2020

hector 2020

Eduardo 2019

kane 2019

miazga 2020

Pasalic atalanta to exercise buy option

musonda 2022

Pantic 2021

Nathan 2020

Palmer 2021

Baker 2022

Moses likely tk be sold

Zouma likely to return 

Bakayoko likely to return

Batshuayi likely to return

Morata atletico to exercise buy option

So a big chunk of the players that will be affected, are going to be out of contract anyway. There is then a decision to be made on the bolded ones, some will be sold, some will be kept around, and some will remain on loan as part of the 8 permissible loans. 

I think there would have been scope to keep Aina on loan if the player and club wanted it. Overall we seemed to have changed our strategy a bit, we dont really buy players specifically for the loan army anymore, whether this was due to emanalo leaving, or in anticipation for the new rules, i think we are in a decent position. When the rules kick in, I think there will only be Musonda, Baker, and possibly 2 or 3 players we are struggling to sell, that will be over 23 and out on loan. All the rest will be made up from the younger group, and i think we will see more players leaving at 21/22 with buy back clauses, which i think is good thing to be honest.

4 hours ago, wallosh said:

Sublime assist from him last night! Still pissed off we allowed him to go for a pea nuts when he has now improved and is better than Emerson, Alonso and Zapacosta.

Hell of an assist. His coach even remarked that he had improved a lot because he has been playing lots of games.