coco

League Position Next Season.

League Position Next Season.  

158 members have voted

1. 1. League Position Next Season.

Nailed on Franks coming back, and we know (more or less) the players available, so putting aside the cups, including the CL.

Whats your prediction for our final league position next season ?

4th. 

I think City and Liverpool are likely to continuing fighting it out for the title. 

Spurs look like they've realised they need to actually buy players from time to time and they're being linked to some big money moves at the moment. I think we've proper reinforcements they'll be able to better balance the demands of league and champions league football and I can see them finishing 3rd. 

We're the best of the rest. I think United are going to be in for a turbulent season with a patchwork squad and Ole out of his depth and Arsenal not willing to invest the money needed to leapfrog those ahead of them. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

4th. 

I think City and Liverpool are likely to continuing fighting it out for the title. 

Spurs look like they've realised they need to actually buy players from time to time and they're being linked to some big money moves at the moment. I think we've proper reinforcements they'll be able to better balance the demands of league and champions league football and I can see them finishing 3rd. 

We're the best of the rest. I think United are going to be in for a turbulent season with a patchwork squad and Ole out of his depth and Arsenal not willing to invest the money needed to leapfrog those ahead of them. 

I think thats very, very optimistic.

We will have about zero proven goalscorers (in the league) going into the season and i think it will be extremely tough to even get fifth or sixth this season.

5th if I'm optimistic.

Liverpool to win the league, City 2nd, Spurs 3rd if they sign Lo Celso/Ndombele... West Ham 4th

I think Liverpool, City and Spurs will open a gap and we'll be fighting for 4th with West Ham and Arsenal.

Utd to finish 8th.

I think there's a slim chance of squeezing into 4th place, but deep down I think we'll finish 6th.

With a transfer ban that would be good IMO considering every other team is able to strengthen their teams.

Posted (edited)

6th, and that's with my optimistic hat on as I think there will be serious daylight between us and the top 5.

That people think we will come 3rd or 4th is proving to me that lampard will be sacked next season and replaced with benitez. 

Edited by bisright1

No way with the current squad will we finish top 4. No Hazard, CHO and RLC injured and not coming back for the start of the season, no goalscorer and quite a lack of creativity up front when CHO and RLC are not playing, means that Pool, City, Spurs (reinforcing themselves this window), and Utd (who will probably improve their squad as well), will finish above us, and we'll fight with Arsenal for the EL position. And I'm not confident that Wolves will not be up there with us for 6th place. Not feeling very positive at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

I think thats very, very optimistic.

We will have about zero proven goalscorers (in the league) going into the season and i think it will be extremely tough to even get fifth or sixth this season.

Tammy Abraham break out season, scoring 18 league goals. 

CHO and RLC chipping in with 15 each. 

Frank Lampard joins as a surprise player/manager... 20 goals guaranteed. 

15 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Your making me worry now.

Even if Hazard was still here, we couldn’t realistically expect to go another season with no goals from anywhere else and expect results. Mixed with the ban, hiring an average Championship manager , but balancing out with the fact most of the league below 6th is dire, 6th is the likely outcome. 

I think 5th.  We still have some good players.  I think we'll be more solid defensively as I expect Frank to pull Kante back and play him next to Jorginho.  I'm sure United will buy and buy and buy, and if they can offload Lukaku and or Pogba, they could play far more as a team.  I expect Spurs to be better, but will be as good as Kane's ankles will allow.  We will be in a fight for that 5th spot with Wolves, Leicester, Everton.  

Top 2 are on a different level, so no chance of competing with them.

Spurs lost a ridiculous number of games this season. I can't see that happening again, so for me they look nailed on for 3rd.

Its then a toss up between Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea for 4th. Really can't see the likes of Everton, Leicester or Wolves (  I think Wolves will finish bottom half next season)  seriously challenging for top four.

With the transfer ban I just can't see us finishing top four, so I go for 5th.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

You really think RLC will score 15 goals in about half a season?

If that's going to be his level we'll have a £150 million player on our hands.

25 minutes ago, Dixons said:

Top 2 are on a different level, so no chance of competing with them.

Spurs lost a ridiculous number of games this season. I can't see that happening again, so for me they look nailed on for 3rd.

On the contrary I think they've stagnated.

Even upto February when they were getting the results they were doing it in a ridiculously unconvincing manner (their victory against us aside), the run to the CL final has masked over a spectacular collapse, they don't look even half as good as previous years.

Unless Levy bucks a trend and goes all out in the market I can see them getting worse.

6th

I think we underestimate just how much harder it's going to be for us to get top 4 without Hazard and without making any signings. We also have no idea when Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi will be returning.

Defensively, I think it's good enough for top 4, but offensively, I think it's easily the weakest out of the top 6. I can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Dammit, I said 5th and instantly regret it! I want to change my vote. I think we will manage top 4. Might be a little slow to start the season but as James, CHO (hopefully) and RLC (hopefully) come back from their injuries we will get a foothold on what we are. Obviously we won't win the league, especially with the ban, but there is no reason to believe that we can't finish top 4. Very difficult but very possible as well. I think Frank can get it done as well. I don't think he would get stuck on playing older players just because of who they are and what they have done in the past if they're not doing it anymore (a la Ivanovic in 2015, Alonso for a good portion of last season). I think Frank showed at Derby he is not afraid to follow that mantra "if you're good enough, you're old enough."

4 hours ago, Argo said:

On the contrary I think they've stagnated.

Even upto February when they were getting the results they were doing it in a ridiculously unconvincing manner (their victory against us aside), the run to the CL final has masked over a spectacular collapse, they don't look even half as good as previous years.

Unless Levy bucks a trend and goes all out in the market I can see them getting worse.

100% Spurs are in danger of going backward. They may lose Eriksen, the only frightening player they have imo, and they've got a few players who have reached their peak and either aren't good enough or starting to slide backward. Tbh Lloris and Vertonghen are past it and Trippier, Winks and Davies are just never going to be good enough if you have those ambitions.  They have a pretty small squad to begin with anyway. 

2 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

THAT'S the one you picked out as improbable? :laugh2:

Doh! I can see how dumb my post looks now thinking Carefree was being serious.😁 

If I had a brain I'd be dangerous.😁