Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, cfcforeverfan said:

I would love to have Allegri managing us. Bring us back to the days that we are very hard to beat, good defensive side and counter attacking football, not this boring passing 9000 passes and attacking football that bored me to death. I want us to be very tough to beat, like Atletico these days where they barely concede any goals

And you're talking about all that happening with the current players we have in the defensive Third? Has Allegri got a magic Wand Then?

1 minute ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

And you're talking about all that happening with the current players we have in the defensive Third? Has Allegri got a magic Wand Then?

he wont make us into Atletico Madrid in half a season, but given 2 transfer window I can see us playing great defensive football which i would love to see that. 

Just now, Argo said:

Yep and it works. I mean instead of win big and part ways with RDM, Mou and Conte would you have rathe we wasted those years on a vanity project with AVB? 

Was there a three year plan in place with AVB that was public knowledge to have been pre-agreed with the board? If you’re aware of that, please do enlighten me. 

25 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Okay then, come back to me the end of the season and let's see how good Ole does and how he wins f**k all. 

We spent over 200 million on players, we have to be doing better, that's a fact. You're delusional if you think this is okay. The more we wait the more time we waste and hinder the development of the players and the club. It's not the end of the world if we go on without Frank Lampard, there are far better managers out there, and before you start asking me silly questions with "who?", how about anyone that's had more than 2 years experience and has actually won a trophy in their managerial career. 

So here we go, you're making excuses for the Fulham performance, it's the managers job to get the players playing well. Simple as that, if he can't do that, then he can't do his job. 

Let me ask you this Slojo.

If we sacked Frank and went after Brendan Rogers, do you think he would leave Leicester to come to us after last night's game?

2 minutes ago, cfcforeverfan said:

he wont make us into Atletico Madrid in half a season, but given 2 transfer window I can see us playing great defensive football which i would love to see that. 

Soooo that’ll be more than folk want to give Lampard? (Last January clearly doesn’t count as the club was well publicised to not be interested in doing business until the summer).

Edited by EdinburghBlue

Just now, Osgoodwasgood said:

Let me ask you this Slojo.

If we sacked Frank and went after Brendan Rogers, do you think he would leave Leicester to come to us after last night's game?

Considering his comments he made "Chelsea have great individual talent, but as a team, we were excellent" I think that sums it up. He knows we have great quality here and should be giving them the hard time, not the other way around. I bet he would he come here. 

But the thing is, I'm not that interested in Rodgers. As good as he is, he's a lot better than Frank, but for me he's Tier 2 at best. That's why I'm saying get an interim in, then in the summer try and go for Zidane or Simeone (who's rumoured to be leaving). 

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Soooo that’ll be more than folk want to give Lampard? (Last January clearly doesn’t count as the club was well publicised to not be interested in doing business until the summer).

I would rather trust and give the transfer funding a proven winner, 2 times CL finalist and the manager who last won the Seria A that isnt Juventus that a manager that the only accomplishment is lead Derby from 6th to 6th lol

9 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Was there a three year plan in place with AVB that was public knowledge to have been pre-agreed with the board? If you’re aware of that, please do enlighten me. 

Why should Frank, out of all our previous managers get a 3-year plan? And not the likes of Jose, Conte, Di Matteo and Ancelotti who actually won things here and had more experience. Why does it have to be Frank? We've already spunked 200 million into the club and a lot of our new targets are not performing to standard, if we fail to get top 4, it's going to be hard to attract new ones of top quality that we desperately need by the looks of it (particularly a DM, Rice is too expensive imo). 

This is what I'm not understanding. And this is why I believe this is purely out of the fact that Frank is a club legend and not this elite manager people are seeing. If this was Steve Bruce who finished exactly where Lampard finished last season, and having the team play the way they are now, I can bet my life most people on here who back Frank now would want him gone. At this point Frank being who he is should be irrelevant, he's in a different position now. 

Edited by Slojo

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You don't remember him constantly banging on about his project? Here's one example he was so sure he had Roman's backing he dismissed the notion his players needed to buy in to him.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7525317/avb-not-all-players-back-me

Furthermore, i highly doubt it was a blanket 3 year promise, there more than likely would have been bare minimum objectives. Out of curiosity what will be your tipping point if this doesn't get any better? Falling below Arsenal? Falling into the bottom half? Consolidating ourselves in the bottom half? Winding up in a relegation scrap? Would you still trust the process even then? 

Just now, Argo said:

You don't remember him constantly banging on about his project? Here's one example he was so sure he had Roman's backing he dismissed the notion his players needed to buy in to him.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7525317/avb-not-all-players-back-me

Furthermore, i highly doubt it was a blanket 3 year promise, there more than likely would have been bare minimum objectives. Out of curiosity what will be your tipping point if this doesn't get any better? Falling below Arsenal? Falling into the bottom half? Consolidating ourselves in the bottom half? Winding up in a relegation scrap? Would you still trust the process even then? 

I remember Bruce Buck on a podcast said AVB could be here for 20 years, the plan was always long-term with him. 

AVB at the time had similar sentiments to Mourinho, a good success at Porto. Remember at the time we were all craving for a Mourinho 2.0, and we got this new Portuguese youngster with fresh ideas and a lot of success. 

Yet we cut him short and didn't give him this big plan we originally had in store for him. 

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Why should Frank, out of all our previous managers get a 3-year plan? And not the likes of Jose, Conte, Di Matteo and Ancelotti who actually won things here and had more experience. Why does it have to be Frank? We've already spunked 200 million into the club and a lot of our new targets are not performing to standard, if we fail to get top 4, it's going to be hard to attract new ones of top quality that we desperately need by the looks of it (particularly a DM, Rice is too expensive imo). 

This is what I'm not understanding. And this is why I believe this is purely out of the fact that Frank is a club legend and not this elite manager people are seeing. If this was Steve Bruce who finished exactly where Lampard finished last season, and having the team play the way they are now, I can bet my life most people on here who back Frank now would want him gone. At this point Frank being who he is should be irrelevant, he's in a different position now. 

I dunno mate, why don’t you get Marina or Buck on the blower and ask them? Sitting as if I’m the one who has approved the plan. It’s clearly been discussed as was well publicised everywhere when he was appointed. As to why other managers didn’t get it, as I said - you’ll need to contact the club. Clearly there’s been a shift in the direction if we’re making three year plans instead of a “win now” mentality. This will be tested to the fullest at the moment and if you get your wish then we can continue with the win at all costs now mentality but don’t then start harping on about managers being sacked in the future as it’s what a lot of you are crying out for. 

Steve Bruce has been in management longer than I’ve been alive FFS (slight exaggeration but not by much!) so of course it would be different. If you or the board didn’t foresee rough with the smooth when taking on a rookie manager then I really don’t know what to tell you mate. That is incredibly, incredibly naive.

11 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Considering his comments he made "Chelsea have great individual talent, but as a team, we were excellent" I think that sums it up. He knows we have great quality here and should be giving them the hard time, not the other way around. I bet he would he come here. 

But the thing is, I'm not that interested in Rodgers. As good as he is, he's a lot better than Frank, but for me he's Tier 2 at best. That's why I'm saying get an interim in, then in the summer try and go for Zidane or Simeone (who's rumoured to be leaving). 

Tuchel for me, his philosophy suits our players down to the ground and most importantly plays the football we've spent three years transitioning towards. He has a Conte 2016 kind of right place right time vibe in my opinion.

It's clearly hard for people to be realistic when it comes to Frank,but I think 99% of us here expected a comfortable third place finish this year which would'be been a clear progress from last season which would then be a clear indication that Frank is the man for the job. 

Last years CL qualification was both a good and a bad thing for him. Nobody expected him to get that CL spot last season and when he somehow did it and with all those players coming in, eveybody expected for us to improve on last season, but it seems that we somehow regressed and it's a bit of a weird situation. 

How can you ask for time when you did so unexpectedly good in your first season and after you spent more than 200mil?I think that after last season and after all these transfers, the realistic thing to ask from Frank was to not get our cl qualification into question. 

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

You’re comparing an article of him spouting pish to journalists with close ties to the club like Matt Law etc stating that this plan is in place?

Personally, my tipping point will be the end of a normal season, with a normal pre season, a normal fixture schedule when half the team have had time to bed in together, which will be - next season. This season as I already said was always going to be a nightmare. 

look at this thread, you’d think we were about to be relegated. We’re f**king 9 points off the top of the league. We finished 33 points off top last season for reference.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

I dunno mate, why don’t you get Marina or Buck on the blower and ask them? Sitting as if I’m the one who has approved the plan. It’s clearly been discussed as was well publicised everywhere when he was appointed. As to why other managers didn’t get it, as I said - you’ll need to contact the club. Clearly there’s been a shift in the direction if we’re making three year plans instead of a “win now” mentality. This will be tested to the fullest at the moment and if you get your wish then we can continue with the win at all costs now mentality but don’t then start harping on about managers being sacked in the future as it’s what a lot of you are crying out for. 

Steve Bruce has been in management longer than I’ve been alive FFS (slight exaggeration but not by much!) so of course it would be different. If you or the board didn’t foresee rough with the smooth when taking on a rookie manager then I really don’t know what to tell you mate. That is incredibly, incredibly naive.

And just like Argo has told you, we had big plans for AVB and he was supposed to be a long term appointment. We cut that short after the results were f**king dire and we were mid-table, I think we sacked him late Febuary shortly after Napoli spanked us and could've scored about 6 goals easily. 

And what's AVB done since? Failed at Spurs shortly after, did nothing in Europe and now he's managing in China. And AVB came here with a good pedigree from such a short time in management, he built a good Porto side and won about 4 trophies in one season including the Europa League. 

Compare that to Frank it's not even close, yet for some reason, Frank gets more time because of what? He's the clubs top scorer? That doesn't translate into managerial success. Franks days are numbered, I'm actually surprised he hasn't been sacked now, but if he's here till the end of the season I'll be absolutely shocked. He's got another month MAX. 

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Tuchel for me, his philosophy suits our players down to the ground and most importantly plays the football we've spent three years transitioning towards. He has a Conte 2016 kind of right place right time vibe in my opinion.

nah not Tuchel man. Given his record of dispute with Dortmund and PSG board, he would clash with Roman and Marina the 2nd day he is in charged. He is a great manager but doesnt suit Chelsea

I think Frank has said a dozen of times he knows the level of expectation this club has. Look at the history (Roman era) and do the math. That is the level of expectation. If something drastic change haven't happened to that level Frank is almost as good as gone. 

We all know this. 

I would love us to change this cycle and let Frank do his work but you all the signs are here for us to see. 

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I bet he Would'nt, He would be insane to leave Leicester for us, the gulf in team spirit, communication and work rate for each other was immeasurable. Frank cant be held responsible for everything, the effort that some players put in last night was embarrassing.

As for the other two, I wouldn't touch Zidane with a barge pole, and Simeone would need a whole new defence for his style of play.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

And just like Argo has told you, we had big plans for AVB and he was supposed to be a long term appointment. We cut that short after the results were f**king dire and we were mid-table, I think we sacked him late Febuary shortly after Napoli spanked us and could've scored about 6 goals easily. 

And what's AVB done since? Failed at Spurs shortly after, did nothing in Europe and now he's managing in China. And AVB came here with a good pedigree from such a short time in management, he built a good Porto side and won about 4 trophies in one season including the Europa League. 

Compare that to Frank it's not even close, yet for some reason, Frank gets more time because of what? He's the clubs top scorer? That doesn't translate into managerial success. Franks days are numbered, I'm actually surprised he hasn't been sacked now, but if he's here till the end of the season I'll be absolutely shocked. He's got another month MAX. 

So my comparison to Ole isn’t OK but yours to AVB is? No point in even continuing the discussion as your bias is evident from that alone. Comparisons are all well and good when they fit your agenda but not the counter argument. I usually think you’re pretty rationale & holistic about things but feel you’re wide of the mark here mate but no point flogging a dead horse.

Having said that, knowing our board it won’t surprise me if you get your wish soon enough. 

I bet he Would'nt, He would be insane to leave Leicester for us, the gulf in team spirit, communication and work rate for each other was immeasurable. Frank cant be held responsible for everything, the effort that some players put in last night was embarrassing.

As for the other two, I wouldn't touch Zidane with a barge pole, and Simeone would need a whole new defence for his style of play.

No manager is going to walk into this team with every player he wants. And Zidane has done an amazing job at Real Madrid, you want to keep Frank but you'll shove away Zidane? After the things he's won at Real Madrid? 

14 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

look at this thread, you’d think we were about to be relegated. We’re f**king 9 points off the top of the league. We finished 33 points off top last season for reference.

Yeah and despite that i was a lot happier with the progress last season than i am this, i look deeper than results when factoring in the bigger picture.

14 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You’re comparing an article of him spouting pish to journalists with close ties to the club like Matt Law etc stating that this plan is in place?

He said that quote in a pre match presser.

14 minutes ago, cfcforeverfan said:

nah not Tuchel man. Given his record of dispute with Dortmund and PSG board, he would clash with Roman and Marina the 2nd day he is in charged. He is a great manager but doesnt suit Chelsea

Didn't the beef with Dortmund start with the incident of the terrorist scare at SIP? As for PSG, even Thiago Silva has fallen out with Leonardo.

Edited by Argo

if we get Simeone we are good for at least 10+ years as long as he was given the same power in Atletico, if he saw the last night performance he would hang half of them dead in the dressing room

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

So my comparison to Ole isn’t OK but yours to AVB is? No point in even continuing the discussion as your bias is evident from that alone. Comparisons are all well and good when they fit your agenda but not the counter argument. I usually think you’re pretty rationale & holistic about things but feel you’re wide of the mark here mate but no point flogging a dead horse.

Having said that, knowing our board it won’t surprise me if you get your wish soon enough. 

Actually I'm not even comparing them, because like I said AVB came here and had a promising background for what he did at Porto. Very limited, but promising at the time, I remember many of us were shocked that we managed to obtain him. All the rumours were about Hiddink coming back for the full time role yet we got AVB instead and many of us were delighted with it at the time. 

Again, what's Ole done at United? He's been for nearly 3 years now, he's won nothing, he's achieved nothing. Because he's first place now? How long do you think that's going to last? He's already got them knocked out of two cups including a Champions League. This league is going to be either Liverpools or Cities and by the end of it Ole will win nothing again. 

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

There was a distinct lack of effort from a few, caught Mount seeming very frustrated with his teammates a few times.

Thiago Silva player manager? Lol

yeah I noticed that with Mount too...quite telling against fulham that when azpi got scythed in two by the fulham full back, he was the only one to react in anger/stand up to the kid. In the old days, there would be a swarm of chelsea players defending their teammate

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

No manager is going to walk into this team with every player he wants. And Zidane has done an amazing job at Real Madrid, you want to keep Frank but you'll shove away Zidane? After the things he's won at Real Madrid? 

Yes with a squad that could field two sides that would finish in the top five in the premier league, in a league where you get a handful of tricky games all season, Nothing like the premiership.

I could have won a trophy at Madrid with the resources he has at his disposure.