Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I agree with @2211, before the start of season I expected us to miss out on the top four. It totally made sense at the time due to Frank's lack of experience, Hazard leaving and transfer ban preventing us from upgrading the side that lacked quality and balance thanks to poor transfer business over the last few years.

He's done very well with what he had at his disposal. Now the real test starts. We've already signed a couple of exciting players, I'm confident we'll spend more money on more players. Next season Frank won't have an excuse of working with someone else's squad and the pressure to perform and win will certainly increase.

Can't see us giving Frank his squad this season probably next if Frank lasts or still wants the job then. 

This season he gets his front men and maybe the odd signing in defense or midfield.

43 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I agree with @2211, before the start of season I expected us to miss out on the top four. It totally made sense at the time due to Frank's lack of experience, Hazard leaving and transfer ban preventing us from upgrading the side that lacked quality and balance thanks to poor transfer business over the last few years.

He's done very well with what he had at his disposal. Now the real test starts. We've already signed a couple of exciting players, I'm confident we'll spend more money on more players. Next season Frank won't have an excuse of working with someone else's squad and the pressure to perform and win will certainly increase.

Agreed. I think this article summarises the task well:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/lampard-must-find-inner-mourinho-to-turn-chelsea-young-guns-into-/l2isml1sx6xa1o8opvenr7yvt?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Can't see us giving Frank his squad this season probably next if Frank lasts or still wants the job then. 

This season he gets his front men and maybe the odd signing in defense or midfield.

Well, no manager in history ever got a brand new squad in the offseason, even Ranieri back in 2003 with all the money Roman shelled out on new signings. Still, if Havertz is signed with Ziyech and Werner already in the bag, we'll have a much improved attack. Ideally, if we could replace Kepa with a solid keeper, add quality CB (dream case scenario - 2 top CBs) and LB and someone like Rice to add some steel to our midfield, we'll be on a different level as a team next season. Granted, that'll probably take a lot of money, but given our lack of recent spending, relaxed FFP due to COVID and many clubs suffering financially at the moment we'll never have a better shot at massively improving our squad.

Whether Frank gets to continue with the job past next season depends on how well and fast he learns from his mistakes. In a way, it was an ideal situation for him to start his managerial career at CFC, lowered expectations and a guarantee to keep his job come next season with a better improved squad. I hope Roman gives him full financial backing and we'll have a much better side to play the kind of football Lampard wants to implement.

Edited by abramovich

I think the set up with Frank still looks promising. We've had some decent performances, what's let us down is the worst Chelsea defence since WWII. Fix that with a seasoned pro at CB and a goalkeeper who's not psychologically damaged and we'll be in the mix.

56 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

But then you see it's quotes like this that worry me with him.

1899073063_ScreenShot2020-08-02at8_01_48AM.thumb.png.ae807ae2968f8ee1c3039b9f5f04ea68.png

The 'We' Frank is down to you...why didn't they know where to go or what to do? It's you and the coaching staff's job to go over these scenarios in training.  What we saw yesterday we've seen far too many times this year. Slow play, pass backwards, short passes among the back 3/4 and suicide passes in to the midfield.

I love Frank's approach to football. He wants to be on front foot like his peers. He sees Klopp and Pep football to be the football Chelsea plays (something from both styles). Frank isn't rigid on the style either. He isn't Pep with who is religious in his approach. Klopp is a bit more flexible as well.

I think we are really time and quality away from being a really top side.

This window isn't enough to fix it all and we shouldn't have illusions about it either. Players you can buy but not time. We will be so much closer. I think 75-80 points is possible next season. This depends on how the market goes and how fast our incoming players adapt.

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

Similar to Lampard then.....

Let's call a spade a spade here, literally everytime you throw crap at Lampard it's entirely down to you still crying over Sari leaving, its embarrassing for a supposedly grown man to act like that.

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Frank said he made it clear to the players the threat of Auba and how best to deal with it. He basically said he could not make it clearer and the players did not follow through.

Good on him. I hope we bin all of them bar Dave and James. Then Frank needs to show he can get the replacements to defend properly.

Now i played a bit and understand football tactics pretty bloody well, how many times did it take for Lamps to spot, playing so high, that ball from luiz predominantly over the top to Auba or Maitland-Niles, must have been 5 or 6 times, everyone watching knew if Aubameyang got it right, no one was catching him or stopping him.
reminded me of that Arsenal game under Villas-Boas where RVP destroyed our back line and our high press, lamps sets the tactics??

Edited by Ballack & Blu

We all know Frank and Jody have their faults and quite a few it seems,but Frank has another season to show he is learning and ironing out the problems. Of course this job could have been a bridge to far so early in his managerial career only time will tell,but I'm happy to support him all the way.

15 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Now i played a bit and understand football tactics pretty bloody well, how many times did it take for Lamps to spot, playing so high, that ball from luiz predominantly over the top to Auba or Maitland-Niles, must have been 5 or 6 times, everyone watching knew if Aubameyang got it right, no one was catching him or stopping him.
reminded me of that Arsenal game under Villas-Boas where RVP destroyed our back line and our high press, lamps sets the tactics??

But we were defending to that tactic, their markers were sitting deeper, unfortunately they were constantly allowed to run of the defender who were just switching off. 

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

But we were defending to that tactic, their markers were sitting deeper, unfortunately they were constantly allowed to run of the defender who were just switching off. 

So who sets the tactics, or do the players just start playing and re-acting to what they see?

Why we took our foot off the gas when were cruising at 1-0, something in our mentality, which shows lack of leadership on the pitch, JT would of been constantly encouraging and and talking, like Ballack as well, where's the leadership?

4 hours ago, Brutos said:

No, if he can't organise a defence or get a tactical framework where the defenders don't get constantly expose then get someone in to do the coaching until he learns, he is clearly lacking tactically which has been exposed so many times this season.
If he continues like this next season I don't think the owner or board will put up as much as they respect and value him football is results money business leave sentiment at the door.
I can't see the top 6/7 being as bad next season and if they all improve and we don't then we will once again be battling for th Arsenal Wenger trophy that is 4th.
One thing I realised here is the absolute devotion to Frank blinds a lot of fans.

I am objective, as a player love him as manager I treat him as any other manager of Chelsea.

Thats a brilliant post mate, it feels dishonourable to Slate a man, who as a player, is the best to wear our Dark Blue, but his Ego has put him on a platform to be shot at by his haters, but also from his most devoted fans as well, come on Frank sort it, even it it means breaking up your backroom staff,  him and Jody are still relatively Virginal in the PL managerial stakes, but the clock will be ticking.  KTBFFH

37 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I said before get the best back (JT), he might be a coach at Villa, but all tactics were down to D.Smith, if JT couldn't pass on how to defend, set up, Tactics, then shoot me. he simply was the best defender....

Maradona was arguably the greatest ever player and look how he got on as a coach.

There's a difference between organising Carvalho, Gallas/Cole and Cech with Makelele Infront of you as a player to training Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso and Kepa as a coach.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

Maradona was arguably the greatest ever player and look how he got on as a coach.

There's a difference between organising Carvalho, Gallas/Cole and Cech with Makelele Infront of you as a player to training Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso and Kepa as a coach.

Ha, ha you spotted my error, i was hoping with a complete new defensive line, Simples bring, Cech, Ricky, JT, Cole, and Brana out of the Cryogenic Chamber Roman had them put in, we need you boys, lol

43 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

So who sets the tactics, or do the players just start playing and re-acting to what they see?

Why we took our foot off the gas when were cruising at 1-0, something in our mentality, which shows lack of leadership on the pitch, JT would of been constantly encouraging and and talking, like Ballack as well, where's the leadership?

I think you hit the nail, we have no leader on the pitch, that's the huge hole in our squad. It's no coincidence that we often play very well immediately after the drinks breaks then regress as time goes on. 

Edited by dkw

Let's call a spade a spade here, literally everytime you throw crap at Lampard it's entirely down to you still crying over Sari leaving, its embarrassing for a supposedly grown man to act like that.

It's far more embarrassing for grown men to be hypocrites but hey.....

14 minutes ago, pamery said:

Lampard is way out of his depth and deep down we all know it. Time for RA to admit he made a mistake and appoint someone who knows what he is doing. 

This+suits+murica+better+you+should+make

Just now, Ballack & Blu said:

Get your helmet on..........'Incommmmmmmming"

TBH it's embarrassing how oblivious Chelsea fans are to managerial faults just because it's Lampard (and Morris). What I can't understand is why the owner puts up with it. The quality of football is now as bad as during the Porterfield/Webb era. Clueless.