Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, Jezz said:

6 consecutive wins and 13 matches unbeaten in all competitions.

Frank is progressing well with a big test to come this weekend.

Agreed. We'll really see what's what this year against Spurs. Jose has a habit of doing well against teams that play like us.

Last season when Spuds were enjoying their Maureen bounce CFC went to their new stadia and beat them, in the return fixture CFC beat them. Both teams have strengthened, monkey face is a vanity signing and Maureen always gambles on an old codger. Chelsea’s new signings are superior all over the park. 4-3-3 with Kante holding and who cares what Maureen tries to conjure up

Not saying we are favorites against Spurs, but we will present different challenges they didn't get against City. We won't be trying to walk the ball through the middle of the field all game, we got one of the fastest striker ( although on the left wing), a right inside forward who could whip in those dangerous cross, and a more stable backline. Just like Jose, Lampard is happy to adapt to a different game plan to win those big games.

3 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Not saying we are favorites against Spurs, but we will present different challenges they didn't get against City. We won't be trying to walk the ball through the middle of the field all game, we got one of the fastest striker ( although on the left wing), a right inside forward who could whip in those dangerous cross, and a more stable backline. Just like Jose, Lampard is happy to adapt to a different game plan to win those big games.

I think we also won’t play as high a line .. try to compete for headers..and won’t have our keeper rushing out anytime they have the ball near our penalty box..

i still believe that Ederson was culpable for both goals.. there was absolutely no reason to rush out..

Qualified from our Champions League group after just 4 games. When was the last time we did that? 

Wasn't our best performance last night but the best sides can win ugly. 

Lampard, in my opinion, is clearly improving as a coach and I think our current form is proof of his and his coaching teams improving quality. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Qualified from our Champions League group after just 4 games. When was the last time we did that? 

Wasn't our best performance last night but the best sides can win ugly. 

Lampard, in my opinion, is clearly improving as a coach and I think our current form is proof of his and his coaching teams improving quality. 

10 years ago is what BT Sport said last night, quite the achievement that! 

I agree, his coaching seems to be improving more and more, the quality additions in the summer have helped - it feels good to have a summer that all of the signings were quality and have made a mark on the team already.

Even better that Frank has the Mount haters on Twitter frothing at the mouth after his comments last night - it’s a good Wednesday!

On 09/11/2020 at 22:24, Jangz said:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/hasenhuttl-perfect-audition-replace-solskjaer-or-lampard/1oc8k3gwtzgts1wrd0c2o4jydn

another piece of trash... i wonder why these absolute small time so called journos manage to crawl out everytime there is an international break. i am sure their bosses cajole them into writing such sh*t because no sane person would post such dross....

the lampard lover journo  is back with another masterpiece.. wow this guy should be a novelist for his skill at creating imagining stuff... so according to his we roam wildly in play.. with no structure...unlike pep and klopp.. and because of this lack of coaching we are prone to counter attacks..

I have seen some dross but clearly looks like Lamps hurt his feelings sometime and he is out there clutching at straws like a scorned ex.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/lampards-methods-resemble-football-manager-but-thats-exactly-why-/fe506ase8ysc1i445i8y6e4sm

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

the lampard lover journo  is back with another masterpiece.. wow this guy should be a novelist for his skill at creating imagining stuff... so according to his we roam wildly in play.. with no structure...unlike pep and klopp.. and because of this lack of coaching we are prone to counter attacks..

I have seen some dross but clearly looks like Lamps hurt his feelings sometime and he is out there clutching at straws like a scorned ex.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/lampards-methods-resemble-football-manager-but-thats-exactly-why-/fe506ase8ysc1i445i8y6e4sm

Did you read all of it?

Seems like he loves Ziyech and is looking forward to Kane vs Kante.

Singing the praises of Havertz intelligent runs too.

He has a point in that Spurs is the first decent opposition for a while.

23 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Did you read all of it?

Yeah the point the journalist is making is that Chelsea have a great team in spite of Lampard, not because of him.

It's continuing a theme that I see where people are clinging to narratives despite evidence to the contrary. 

Lampard is a bad manager. Chelsea start winning, Lampard is still a bad manager but he's winning because of reasons. 

I saw it under Sarri when he won the Europa league, took us to 3rd, brought CHO and RLC into the first team and all of that was because of fan pressure and Hazard and nothing to do with his management.

The view on Lampard if we end up challenging for the title / winning a trophy, will be that it happened because we spent a lot of money and because there are too many games for "proper" tactics to win out. 

It's trash.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Did you read all of it?

yes but if you read his previous post and this one all he says is SFL doesnt coach any tactics and details like Hussenhutl (previous post) and other managers of today (Arteta ?).. he claims we dont have much pattern of play and we get caught out because of that.. my issue with this post is that all the good stuff we do is because of the players we bought and bad stuff because we arent coached properly... all of this with no evidence at all..

but the fact is we are not just flat track bullies.. we dominated Liverpool when they were UCL champs in the super cup.. dominated city when we lost to them last season and beat them home.. Beat Spurs home and away.. beat Arsenal away and drew at home due to our stupidity.. Only Manure bested us with some very dodgy decisions in the SB game.. 

as for pattern of plays i think its quite clear how we seek to break up opposition depending on the formation we play.. if anything Pool(IMO/Utd are the ones that dont seem to have patterns that they are trying to emulate.. and as for counters City are the ones that bleed much more than us...Stating Ziyech and Havertz as quality players is but the obvious..

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

yes but if you read his previous post and this one all he says is SFL doesnt coach any tactics and details like Hussenhutl (previous post) and other managers of today (Arteta ?).. he claims we dont have much pattern of play and we get caught out because of that.. my issue with this post is that all the good stuff we do is because of the players we bought and bad stuff because we arent coached properly... all of this with no evidence at all..

but the fact is we are not just flat track bullies.. we dominated Liverpool when they were UCL champs in the super cup.. dominated city when we lost to them last season and beat them home.. Beat Spurs home and away.. beat Arsenal away and drew at home due to our stupidity.. Only Manure bested us with some very dodgy decisions in the SB game.. 

as for pattern of plays i think its quite clear how we seek to break up opposition depending on the formation we play.. if anything Pool(IMO/Utd are the ones that dont seem to have patterns that they are trying to emulate.. and as for counters City are the ones that bleed much more than us...Stating Ziyech and Havertz as quality players is but the obvious..

I wouldn't waste too much time reading articles from random "Journalists" who quite clearly don't have a clue about how we play and how Lampard has changed our whole style of play in the space of 10 games. I bet any average poster on this site has more knowledge about our squad, formation & Lampards pattern of play then Mr. Alex Keble.

You don't need to do much investigative journalism to see that we are much better on the counter attack than last season, in fact I don't believe we've conceded any goals on a genuine counter attack this season:

Against Brighton we conceded from a Kepa error but for majority of the 2nd half we defended deep and actually played on the counter.

Against Liverpool both goals conceded whilst down to 10 men, first whilst defending deep and the 2nd an error from Kepa.

Against West Brom, 1 goal from a corner, 1 error from Silva and the third you could maybe categorize as a bit of a counter attack but we lost the ball in our own half and James was high up the pitch.

Against Southampton, 1 goal from Kai error, 1 goal from a Zouma back pass, 3rd goal from a freekick.

Against Sheffield, 1 goal from a corner

Against Rennes, 1 goal from a corner

To come to a conclusion that we are vulnerable on the counter attack based on the evidence this season is just lazy journalism or sheer incompetence.

7 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Nothing really new actually, this is pretty much how we played last season as well, the main difference is that Lampard had a full season and now the team moves more how he wants them to move and thus we seem to be more direct, but we have to remember that Lampard already made the team play more direct last season in comparison to Sarri. 

The 2 number 8 we saw last season as well, we just expanded on that and Ziyech is really underrated here, nobody praises him enough everyone focuses on Werner but he basically had an injury and as soon as he was back he was making goals and assists, Ziyech is so much better than Willian that it's not fair.

We just have a better backline, keeper and attack but how we play is not that different from last season, the way he points out the full-backs being so forward is actually one of our weaknesses and a reason why we conceded many goals if you ask me, he also points out how many players we get into the box, that has been also a double edged sword last season.

FL sh*t the bed against Liverpool. A team, who at the time, were conceding goals left, right and centre. He parked the bus and picked an awful team and it pissed me off because we could have beaten them. 

Since then, he has shown more belief and the Spurs game should be testimony to his own improvement. Let’s be honest, everyone wants FL to be successful here. The guy is an absolute legend. His own development has been great this season and it’s time to absolutely batter top end teams the way we all know we can. 

On 25/11/2020 at 04:34, General said:

Last season when Spuds were enjoying their Maureen bounce CFC went to their new stadia and beat them, in the return fixture CFC beat them. Both teams have strengthened, monkey face is a vanity signing and Maureen always gambles on an old codger. Chelsea’s new signings are superior all over the park. 4-3-3 with Kante holding and who cares what Maureen tries to conjure up

Maureen as in Mourinho? ... A bit sad man. Have a little respect towards one of the all time greats. 

On 28/11/2020 at 08:13, MayosNoun! said:

FL sh*t the bed against Liverpool. A team, who at the time, were conceding goals left, right and centre. He parked the bus and picked an awful team and it pissed me off because we could have beaten them. 

Since then, he has shown more belief and the Spurs game should be testimony to his own improvement. Let’s be honest, everyone wants FL to be successful here. The guy is an absolute legend. His own development has been great this season and it’s time to absolutely batter top end teams the way we all know we can. 

That lack of belief seems to transfer to every single game against a decent team. How can we have this squad and we still haven’t scored a single goal against a decent team?

Sevilla 0-0

Liverpool 0-2

Man Utd 0-0

Spurs 0-0

We haven't lost a game over 90 minutes in 14 matches now. 

We're becoming harder and harder to beat and the defence in particular is looking really impressive. 

If we can start turning some of the draws into wins we're going to be contending for a lot of major trophies if we carry on playing the way we are. 

1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

That lack of belief seems to transfer to every single game against a decent team. How can we have this squad and we still haven’t scored a single goal against a decent team?

Sevilla 0-0

Liverpool 0-2

Man Utd 0-0

Spurs 0-0

Oh piss off. This was miles away from united sevilla and liverpool. We were clearly the better team and we're desperately unlucky not to convert the chances we had. 

That wasn't the case against united and sevilla. There we just looked like we were playing for nil nil. And despite the lazy narrative coming out of yesterday that isn't what we were doing against tottenham. 

Edited by bisright1

Sevilla 0-0

Liverpool 0-2

Man Utd 0-0

Spurs 0-0

Perhaps you're expecting too much too soon. We're still only 2.5 months into the season with a big number of new players, some of them still pretty young, some living and playing abroad for the first time. It has taken time to find a formation (with the right players) that works most of the time, it will take longer to actually become a winning machine. 

Sevilla 0-0

Liverpool 0-2

Man Utd 0-0

Spurs 0-0

This isn't Fifa ffs. The season is 2.5months in at a fast forward, brutal scheduling and travelling alongside internationals being thrown in plus we have 6 new first teamers being integrated at the same time. 

That is a headache for any manager much less for Frank who's only in his 3rd year of management. 

Have some perspective