*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

17 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Harsher circumstances with all this Covid stuff? You gotta admit that these circumstances are the same for every team so we can't use that as an excuse.

Ans a other teams have struggled during this season, but that's not the point. These last 2 seasons gave been totally different to every other, do you not believe this season has brought unique problems for Frank? He is getting barely any time l to coach the team, its basically game-fitness training-game-fitness training. All on the back of almost no pre season.

Edited by dkw

20 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ans a other teams have struggled during this season, but that's not the point. These last 2 seasons gave been totally different to every other, do you not believe this season has brought unique problems for Frank? He is getting barely any time l to coach the team, its basically game-fitness training-game-fitness training. All on the back of almost no pre season.

I aint buying that, Lamps would have a set or strict way to play formulated by now, i just don't see a plan or a style, the amount of Personnel he's using, how can he have a settled team, play Werner one way, bring Giroud on, a different style, i did think this was a great game for Billy to show his worth, but it was a bit all mis mash, loads of possession, Past chelsea teams would of buried them, 4-0 a good score, but my eyes don't deceive me.
I now hope we can kick on , this result might of gave us a bit of confidence..

Just now, Ballack & Blu said:

I aint buying that, Lamps would have a set or strict way to play formulated by now, i just don't see a plan or a style, the amount of Personnel he's using, how can he have a settled team, play Werner one way, bring Giroud on, a different style, i did think this was a great game for Billy to show his worth, but it was a bit all mis mash, loads of possession, Past chelsea teams would of buried them, 4-0 a good score, but my eyes don't deceive me.

Past chelsea have struggled to get past all kinds of lower league teams in the Cup, even our best teams. Bradford stuffed us while we were top of the league, Barnsley beat us in 2008 plus plenty of others.

Just now, dkw said:

Past chelsea have struggled to get past all kinds of lower league teams in the Cup, even our best teams. Bradford stuffed us while we were top of the league, Barnsley beat us in 2008 plus plenty of others.

All i'm saying is Chelsea are struggling atm, Werner must have had 3 chances in 70 minutes, i think 4-0 flatters at the moment, i so desperately want this crop of players to click, but as i said possession based football doesn't suit this particular bunch of players

28 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

All i'm saying is Chelsea are struggling atm, Werner must have had 3 chances in 70 minutes, i think 4-0 flatters at the moment, i so desperately want this crop of players to click, but as i said possession based football doesn't suit this particular bunch of players

I agree, the team is full of pace but we are playing balls to feet  when players are static. The build up is too pedestrian, almost " walking football " at times . Oh well , can't complain about this, another unbeaten run coming up !

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

I agree, the team is full of pace but we are playing balls to feet  when players are static. The build up is too pedestrian, almost " walking football " at times . Oh well , can't complain about this, another unbeaten run coming up !

We moved better today to give the chaps on the ball someone to aim at. 

Of course against lower based opposition so let's now see what happens against Fulham.

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

After this win and after knowing that we can't put Kante in his now very awkward position, we will win Fulham just as easy as we took care of those shrimps.

Hold on a minute, at the restart in June when i was annoyed Kante was playing that same position over Gilmour you called me every name under the sun :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

Hold on a minute, at the restart in June when i was annoyed Kante was playing that same position over Gilmour you called me every name under the sun :biggrin:

I didn't call you names from what I recall, but I was against complaining as long as we were winning. You were right, it didn't last, and I was wrong, sorry.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

First people said at 1-0 we should score more against a lower league team, now you say 4-0 flatters us. I'm totally confused now :ohmy:

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

You can not expect a coach with one season and a half at the top flight, and no more than another season at the championship to have a clear vision and know it all in tactics. I see how Lampard wants Chelsea to play, but I understand that it is going to take a while until he has the clear plan that works. It’s fair for fans not wanting to have patience and prefer to bring in the Mourinho of turn to win a trophy and F off to some other team afterwards. But I’d rather we gave him time to learn the trade with us. Just like I rather we gave Gilmour playing time to bring in other midfielder.

Got the make the most of your key personnel and making Havertz key as a number 10 is crucial imo.

Mount needs to adapt to a deeper, more defensive role which will allow him more time and space when on the ball to take on longer passes and shouts which he is capable of and given us a good presser of the ball when we dont have it.

The right partner for him would make all the difference. Maybe that is where Rice would come in.

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Got the make the most of your key personnel and making Havertz key as a number 10 is crucial imo.

Mount needs to adapt to a deeper, more defensive role which will allow him more time and space when on the ball to take on longer passes and shouts which he is capable of and given us a good presser of the ball when we dont have it.

The right partner for him would make all the difference. Maybe that is where Rice would come in.

4-2-3-1 with Mount and Rice and Havertz in front of them = dominance for the next 5 years, if Rice can be disciplined enough in that role.

Edited by Gol15
17 hours ago, dkw said:

Frank's statistically the only manager to manage during a global pandemic also.

There’s factors at play no doubt, but every other manager is facing it and they our direct competition so it’s all relative, if it’s a tougher landscape for us it is for them also so with all things equal points are points. 

16 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

The name at the top of the chart just go to prove that stats sometimes don't mean very much.

Lamps is managing a very different young  new team  , compared to a team that managed itself

If you think points per game aren’t important stats for a manager I’m not sure what to tell you. 

Avram took over one of the strongest teams the PL ever had and had 38 games,  you could have got as many points per game in charge near enough. 

Besides him the rankings are close to how we would rate our managers I reckon. 

13 hours ago, Deino said:

Anyone that believes this table is not a football watching fan. Grant managed the best Chelsea generation at their prime whilst Lampard is rebuilding a new one in harsher circumstances. 

I agree with that and I think for the reasons you said frank and avram are the exceptions but the rest of the ranking are pretty accurate to how successful our managers have been. 

I mean give me a better indicator of a managers success than winning games, that’s their number one priority. 

I agree frank has had tougher circumstances and been given a big rebuild job, he was also backed very strongly in the window the opposite to José and conte. 

I also am starting to think that it’s the wrong job, he would have better suited the circumstances avram had, ex player lifting the team mood get some wins under his belt maybe come back for round 2 some years down the line. 

To rebuild a team takes a lot of knowledge and experience and that’s a mammoth task so early in a managerial career.

I want the feel good story too but reality is starting to kick in a bit for me and I hope I’m not correct but it’s too early for him I reckon. 

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

4-2-3-1 with Mount and Rice and Havertz in front of them = dominance for the next 5 years, if Rice can be disciplined enough in that role.

It won't work because it will put too much burden defensively on Mount especially with the way Pulisic defend. 

5 hours ago, SFL82 said:

There’s factors at play no doubt, but every other manager is facing it and they our direct competition so it’s all relative,

And all the other managers are struggling too, but you equated his PPG to our ex managers in a completely different situation, so no its not all relative at all.

18 hours ago, dkw said:

But you are obviously ignoring the fact that we ONLY scored 4 against a team playing 2 banks of 5 across their own penalty area, and whose only game plan was to not get battered.  Jeesus, dicky, you know nothing about football, do you?

19 hours ago, Deino said:

Of course it is, on top of all the covid stuff, Frank has also had to incorporate 6 first team players into what is largely a young side. Which team in world football is currently doing the same? 

Not to forget that Lampard's best players were injured/out at different parts of this half a season. When we had these same players fit and sharp, we were on a winning streak until that Ziyech injury then the Havertz covid thing, CHO finding momentum, Pulisic going in and out the physio room. It will take a toll on a team that's just starting to build cohesion. 

In contrast, most of the other teams are a settled group. You don't see Klopp/Pep/Mourinho etc² chopping and changing teams every other week. 

If we were currently top of the league, playing brilliantly and blowing away our opponents no-one would be talking about the need to integrate new players, injuries that by the way happen to every team, COVID that also affects everybody, not just Chelsea, etc etc. The reason people are mentioning all these things now is because we've been struggling, so instead of blaming Frank for being incompetent or simply too inexperienced and not ready yet for a job of this magnitude people go to any lengths in order to protect their hero and shift the blame onto anyone or anything else. How settled was that Arsenal's first eleven that embarrased us recently? City were missing several players due to COVID, while we had nearly everyone available and they absolutely destroyed us. It wasn't a question of us being f**ked by a ref or playing relatively well but not taking chances, being unlucky in front of goal or anything like that. We were totally outclassed, outplayed and outfought, looked like a bunch of amateurs thrown together for the first time half an hour before the game. Any other manager after such disgraceful performances would have been crucified here, but because it's Lampard,  people instantly look for excuses.

Frank overachieved last season when there was little to no pressure due to the circumstances beyond his control. Now when he's got all the possible help in the transfer market and the pressure is on, he finds it difficult to live up to new expectations. For now I think he's safe but unless we recover our form and confidence soon, he is not going to last the season, you can count on it.

Edited by abramovich
23 minutes ago, abramovich said:

If we were currently top of the league, playing brilliantly and blowing away our opponents no-one would be talking about the need to integrate new players, injuries that by the way happen to every team, COVID that also affects everybody, not just Chelsea, etc etc. The reason people are mentioning all these things now is because we've been struggling, so instead of blaming Frank for being incompetent or simply too inexperienced and not ready yet for a job of this magnitude people go to any lengths in order to protect their hero and shift the blame onto anyone or anything else. How settled was that Arsenal's first eleven that embarrased us recently? City were missing several players due to COVID, while we had nearly everyone available and they absolutely destroyed us. It wasn't a question of us being f**ked by a ref or playing relatively well but not taking chances, being unlucky in front of goal or anything like that. We were totally outclassed, outplayed and outfought, looked like a bunch of amateurs thrown together for the first time half an hour before the game. Any other manager after such disgraceful performances would have been crucified here, but because it's Lampard,  people instantly look for excuses.

Frank overachieved last season when there was little to no pressure due to the circumstances beyond his control. Now when he's got all the possible help in the transfer market and the pressure is on, he finds it difficult to live up to new expectations. For now I think he's safe but unless we recover our form and confidence soon, he is not going to last the season, you can count on it.

No one is absolving Frank of any responsibility, the results of late have not been anywhere near good enough and he has got decisions wrong, my view has been that he did an excellent job last season and even this season up until the Everton game things were going well. Injuries to our wide players followed by Reece and Ben disrupted that run and since Frank has not been able to find a settled lineup, I have not been very critical of Frank due to the highly congested period in December during which he has not been able to change things up. These 2 weeks will tell us a lot more because now he has had time with the squad and we could even see that he tried a few things against Morecambe such as Havertz in a free role and a 2 striker system etc. If we don't see any real turn around in performance then I guess further questions need to be asked especially when the coaching staff have had time with a near fully fit squad.

Yes Frank has a lot of credit in the bank as a player therefore he probably gets a lot more leeway in comparison to other Managers and that is perfectly fine and in my opinion he deserves that leeway. Personally I am fed up of the Manager merry-go-round and would like the club to stick with Frank even if that means until the end of his contract, my position on the Managers was the same with Conte and Sarri but due to other reasons they decided to walk away. The problem with short term Managers is they will make short term decisions and we will end up in a mess like we had recently with a number of average signings which usually results in a very disjointed squad. Quality experienced Managers view us as a 3 year project and come in and look to place short term plasters over massive cracks without any real squad development. Frank has solved our fullback issue for the next decade, got one of the best young wingers to sign a new contract and Mount and Tammy also are going to be massive players for us.

Give Frank the time he needs, if Arsenal & United can back their Managers who have shown far greater limitations in their Managerial stints why can't we allow Frank until the end of next season (Considering things dont go completely belly up).      

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard