*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

22 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

You can't play as Chelsea and expect plenty of space against most team. 

City tored us apart because our three forward decided defense were not their job. 

Play as Chelsea meaning slow, static, predictable and laborious? 

You can't expect space but you sure can create it.

12 minutes ago, Brutos said:

What bias 😂 you asked what Klopp looked like and told you he won the CL and PL and looks like a manager who has even when losing he gets petty and cocky he has arrogance about him which he can do 

He looks either deranged or just stands there with his eyes empty and mouth open when not winning, but somehow you see a CL and PL trophy tattooed on his forehead or something?

I'm no body language expert but you can't just look at things on face value.

17 hours ago, coco said:

Can you name one permanent manager we have employed in our recent history that didn't end in tears ?

I think a large majority of fans wouldn't have shed tears for Jose..2nd time around, FSW, Scoalri, Villas-Boas and maybe Avram Grant to start with when they left. I think one of the biggest shocks was Carlo and they way they executed him.

4 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I think a large majority of fans wouldn't have shed tears for Jose..2nd time around, FSW, Scoalri, Villas-Boas and maybe Avram Grant to start with when they left. I think one of the biggest shocks was Carlo and they way they executed him.

Depends what you mean by tears, they ended in tears in a negative aspect. That's what the original point was, it's going to end in tears, but in a bad way. However, bluntly yes, everything ends in tears really, good or bad, FSW probably didn't end in tears, we didn't really care about him and still don't. 

6 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Depends what you mean by tears, they ended in tears in a negative aspect. That's what the original point was, it's going to end in tears, but in a bad way. However, bluntly yes, everything ends in tears really, good or bad, FSW probably didn't end in tears, we didn't really care about him and still don't. 

Tears of joy when FSW left :laugh2:

The way we played against Fulham it looked like a question of when and not if Frank will be sacked. No pace in attack, we dont create space in forward areas, the team does not seem to have any gameplan or patterns of play. Haven't seen us create any chances through central areas in many games and there is nobody who can trouble the keeper from distance. We rely on individual pieces of skill or a corner kick to produce something.

Frank deserves credit for last season but we haven't seen any style of play develop till now except excessive sideways passing and crossing. We know Frank was able to convince many of these talented players to join us but we are yet to see how he plans to integrate them in the team. Frank may be a good man manager but it really is the lack of coaching that is hurting the team at this time.

51 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I hated Rafa before the job, but I do think he did a decent job here and salvaged a season, I can respect him for that (a bit). But I still can't forgive him for how much of an absolute twat he was towards us as Liverpool manager. 

He was no less of a twat towards us as Chelsea manager.

Very concerned by what we continue to see.  Individually, collectively, and overall decisions.  Few things that stand out to me:

• Same midfield trio that we know have very little creativity.  No different swapping Kante with Jorginho from that aspect.  Credit to Mount for getting the goal.
  • What was the point of playing Kai and Timo against Morecombe?  Confidence I thought.  Both delivered with a goal each, plus assist to Kai.  Dropping them must further reduce very low confidence
  • Fulham's organization and low block created the same problems we've had all season.  We are unable to get in behind any teams and rely on crossing
  • While Giroud is our best finisher, concerned this leads up down a false path as it has changed our style of play significantly to deep crosses.  Often, the cross has to be perfect with Giroud or Tammy competing against 3 defenders
  • Teams are more than happy for the center backs and Kante, Jorginho or Kova to have the ball.  It goes sideway for a long time, eventually forward.  Receiving players first touch often takes him away from goal, and immediately back to the center backs.  It is awful to watch
  • Credit to Cho - he took on his man and tried to make things happen.  Deserves more game time than he is getting
  • Same formation and problems, different personnel every week tells me
    • Lampard still doesn't know his best side
    • No evolution of system or ability to adapt; we're almost relying on individual moments or mistakes to win the game
    • Every player is so timid they often turn to face our own goal and head back.  I call this doing a Willian
  • Once ahead, they looked so nervous against a 10 man Fulham side.  Giving away needless freekicks only invites more pressure.  Should have killed the game off

Sadly I think the problems are bigger than some are willing to admit.  Luckily the table is so tight and any hint of form will change things.  Young players also thrive on confidence in the absence of experience, so I do believe it can turn around.  The signs are far from encouraging though, and concerned we are regressing, hindering player development and cultivating a negative approach to football (sideways and back, no one really taking the chance).  It looks like every player has a head full of instructions, and they're forgetting to play football and rely on instincts that made them superb players in the first place.

Edited by PhilH930

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

The last time we won with Kante being in the base of the midfield was 6 weeks ago vs Leeds, if that's good enough for you then fine...

Kante has been one of our best players this season, Jorginho has been awful. I dont even know why Frank continue to play Jorginho now Gilmour is back.

3 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Kante has been one of our best players this season, Jorginho has been awful. I dont even know why Frank continue to play Jorginho now Gilmour is back.

According to you...

A few of you need to have a cup of tea and a nice long lie-down.

We're just about halfway through the season and despite a bad patch we're about 6 points off where we need to be.

Easily redeemable and no doubt Frank deserves that opportunity. We started that on Saturday and now we need to continue it. We can start that by beating Leicester in a top 4 six-pointer midweek.

15 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Don't, I repeat don't, get Gol started on Jorginho and Kante! He's been waiting in the tall grass for Lampard ever since that change was made. 

42 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Don't, I repeat don't, get Gol started on Jorginho and Kante! He's been waiting in the tall grass for Lampard ever since that change was made. 

Not true at all, last season I defended Lampard's selection and tactics regardless of who was playing and I will do it as long as we keep winning.

Needless to say, we're not playing well anymore and I'm justified to bring up some reasons for it, one being that a 20 year old Foden was running laps around "one of our best midfielders" Kante.

If you don't know, don't talk it's that simple and it's much better than supposing random things and putting up little ad-hominem and cheeky comments...

Edited by Gol15
1 hour ago, PhilH930 said:

•  
  • Same formation and problems, different personnel every week tells me
    • Lampard still doesn't know his best side
    • No evolution of system or ability to adapt; we're almost relying on individual moments or mistakes to win the game
    • Every player is so timid they often turn to face our own goal and head back.  I call this doing a Willian
  • Once ahead, they looked so nervous against a 10 man Fulham side.  Giving away needless freekicks only invites more pressure.  Should have killed the game off

That’s what I think. I think frank might be a great manager one day but he isn’t today. There is no way Giroud is in Chelsea’s best team. We clearly need to set up for fast break, clearly need some thing other than endless crosses after the opposition have 11 of their team waiting for it. I’m not the manager and I don’t know why ancelotti or Mourinho or Klopp make it work but they do. At the moment our stars are playing crap. I can’t believe they all lose form at the same time without some deeper issue. In good teams the players exceed expectations. This bunch look like flops but they aren’t. It has to be on the manager. 

Edited by ozboy

Such a weird season for all the teams it seems.If we could just somehow string 3-4 wins together I feel that the mood in and around the team and Frank would change drastically ,as would our position in the league.

Edited by mm24

All I know is I passionately hate a situation where ManU is playing better and seemingly managed better than Chelsea. And they are playing better, as a team. I respect Liverpool they play fast and cover up their weaknesses well. I respect Man Citeh but they always look beatable, I don't respect ManU but they look a lot better than us at the moment. Its not good enough says I. But I don't know what the answer is and if I did I'd be a top manager. All I do know for an absolute fact is that there is more talent in the squad than shows up on the pitch lately.

3 minutes ago, ozboy said:

All I know is I passionately hate a situation where ManU is playing better and seemingly managed better than Chelsea. And they are playing better, as a team. I respect Liverpool they play fast and cover up their weaknesses well. I respect Man Citeh but they always look beatable, I don't respect ManU but they look a lot better than us at the moment. Its not good enough says I. But I don't know what the answer is and if I did I'd be a top manager. All I do know for an absolute fact is that there is more talent in the squad than shows up on the pitch lately.

I agree about Man U and think they have better attacking players than us and Fernandes is better than any of our current midfielders.

Lose to Leicester and going by Roman's history, the sack could come for Frank and although it would be sad to see, I would understand and agree with the decision.

We are a club with ambition and Franks contract tenure is a project. As with all projects, there are intervals where you review if targets have been  met or are on course to being met. A defeat in our next game will confirm that we are well below where we need to be.

Make no mistake, top 4 is the absolute minimum. Yes Frank did amazing last season to achieve Top 4 but he was under no pressure to even achieve that. Regardless of where we did finish (4th, 6th or 8th) the second season target was always to finish in the top 4.

We have spent enough and on paper compared to our historic rivals and the lower sized clubs around us, have more than enough to finish in the top 4 and at least comfortably challenge for it.

A defeat to Leicester will leave us miles behind and even though there are 19 games left, we will both have to rely on at least 4 teams above us to totally implode while we suddenly turn into a team playing fantastic football.

Edited by KonaKai Blue

"2. Mount on the other hand is perfect for the way we want to play. He works incredibly hard off the ball and is a critical link player. He doesn't get into the team because of favouritism as many morons suggest but because he fits with the way we want to play and gives his all for the team."

If he's perfect for the way we want to play the way he's being used currently, we will never be good enough. He's not playing well enough that he would get into a similar role at Liverpool, Man City, or Man Utd. And Franks seems to have built our team around him. The way I could see him working is the way Matic played for us under Jose. I think he struggles higher up the field, but when he has room to step forward in, I like it. He should be a DCM in a double piviot. It would cut down on some of his aimless running around on defense, and let him pass forward. Also would give us a player that can step up and hit a 30 -35 yard shot, which Kante, Kovacic or Jorginho will not do.

Sell Kante and Jorginho. Start Mount and Gilmour in the double pivot with Kovacic rotating.. . start Pulisic, Havertz and CHO ahead of them with Ziyech rotating. Keep Werner up top, with Abraham rotating and sell Giroud. Like Giroud, but think he's gone on free after this year anyway, and I think too many different center forwards is a problem.

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic