*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

26 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I am not sure our problem is just time. The profile of player that we signed is a bit disjointed. 

I am curious what people think our best 11 are. 

My guess is that you are referring to Kai & Werner when you state that the player profile we've signed is disjointed because all the other signings pretty much slot into a problem position.

I remember last season when we discussed the type of players we should be looking to bring in and majority of fans were talking about an attacking winger who can also compete for the Number 9 role and Werner fits that profile although some might say he is more of Central Striker then a winger. Werner can play as a Number 9 when required, he can play as the 2nd striker and he can fill in on the wing, the fact that his confidence is shot to pieces and he can barely hit a barn door is a different matter but from a player profile perspective he certainly plays a significant role in our squad.

Kai Havertz is a similar case because he offers us attacking threat from midfield, currently what we are missing from our midfield is any sort of creativity and when Kai finds his feet he can certainly bring that attacking threat from a number 8 role. Similar to Werner he is also versatile as he can operate as a Number 8, Number 10 or a false 9.

I don't think its the player profile that is the issue it's just the players need to time to settle and establish their roles in a functioning system.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I am not sure our problem is just time. The profile of player that we signed is a bit disjointed. 

I am curious what people think our best 11 are. 

Easy.It's the one we haven't seen all season and not just because of injuries ,but because of Frank's reluctance to change the formation a bit .

Mendy

James Zouma Silva Chilwell

Kante Mount

Ziyech Havertz Pulisic

Werner

Before the season,when those buys were made I thought we're gonna set up like this and norhing really looks disjointed here.

Edited by mm24
21 minutes ago, pcmacca said:

Others continue to suggest we are not using Werner in the best way, i.e. by not having earlier and quicker transitions.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/werner-one-of-the-best-chelsea-using-wrong-hasenhuttl/1pa0flagyyshc1mfrhsbmcopgf

Well isn't he smart haha The way we're playing now would hardly benefit any striker.Way too slow and with no imagination .We're not playing good ,but sometimes he does get his chances which and he at least should put some of them away.

I think we can all point fingers at Frank and question Werner's deployment whether it has been right or wrong but in actual fact Werner needs to take some of that responsibility because his finishing has clearly not been good enough. If we look at his goalless run he has missed quite a number of absolute sitters against Newcastle, Leeds, West Ham & Fulham. The opportunities in these games were not half chances but ones you would expect a striker of his caliber to finish.

There are a number of mistakes Frank is making in terms of style of play but in my view you can't blame him for Werner's form, some may argue he played Werner wide and drained him of any confidence but with Ziyech and CHO injured who did you want him to play wide, Mount?

15 hours ago, Brutos said:

Not to be pedantic but tomorrow will be the half way point for us in the PL 😛

Not to be also pedantic, but we are less than half the matches played, we are 6 points off 3rd and 8 points off a w**ky and very lucky united in 1st.  We still have the same goal difference as Leicester and better than United.  And still we have bitches whining about having to sack the manager.  Some people truly are the epitome of spoilt brats.

The problem we have is that the forum and the world of social media increasingly attracts the sort of football fan who only really knows what "statistics" Sky sports and Google tells them, and are conditioned to scream and scream and scream till they make themselves sick if whatever football club they have attached themselves to this time around aren't winning everything in sight.

We've had a big influx of world-class football managers and tacticians join up lately to enlighten us with their erudition, and we've had waves like that before, and no doubt will again.

I think all clubs get that, and, to an extent, always have, be it Surrey united supporters or the range of Liverpool "fans" in the 80's all over Cornwall and Devon. 

Trouble is these days, the internet and all that twatter/social meeja and forums stuff allows these people to spread their delusions all over the places and also gives them a false belief that people have to take them seriously.

4 hours ago, abramovich said:

Wow, what a fantastic piece of breaking news from Mr. Philips. In other news, football teams are allowed to field 11 players each and the game ends with a whistle from a referee.

Both are deeply enlightening :laugh2:

Why do peope on social media get such a hard time for simply having the opinion that Frank is not the right man for the job.  And let's be honest, if it was Grant on this run and not Lampard, there'd be many more "sack" calls.

Seen it all over my Twitter feed.  Embarrassing seeing people proclaim to be a better fan, or bigger fan than someone, simply because they dont like said persons opinion on Lampard

Get a life, ffs

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

Why do peope on social media get such a hard time for simply having the opinion that Frank is not the right man for the job.  And let's be honest, if it was Grant on this run and not Lampard, there'd be many more "sack" calls.

Seen it all over my Twitter feed.  Embarrassing seeing people proclaim to be a better fan, or bigger fan than someone, simply because they dont like said persons opinion on Lampard

Get a life, ffs

Yeah it's f**king tiring. I wonder if these same "better" fans will want Zola as manager if Lampard gets the sack over Nagelsman or Rodgers. 

My absolute love of Lampard as a player has no relevance to my opinion on him as manager. 

Edited by bisright1
1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Frank's last game in charge tonight.

😪

It could be, and even though I'm for a managerial change, it gives me no pleasure in seeing Frank get the axe. 

Edited by Slojo
6 hours ago, Slojo said:

And yeah Bruno who scores a penalty a game is the best player in the league after just being here a year.

That really is under playing just how good Fernandes has been for United. Sure, he has scored a lot of penalties but he has been instrumental in dragging them up to the top of the table. Without him they are a bit like we were without Hazard - very average.

Wouldn't say he is the best player in the league, but he has been the most consistent performer this season and if the player of the season was awarded now, he would win it comfortably. If we had him in our side rather than Jorginho or Kovacic, I am certain we would have a load more points than we do right now. 

3 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Not to be also pedantic, but we are less than half the matches played, we are 6 points off 3rd and 8 points off a w**ky and very lucky united in 1st.  We still have the same goal difference as Leicester and better than United.  And still we have bitches whining about having to sack the manager.  Some people truly are the epitome of spoilt brats.

The problem we have is that the forum and the world of social media increasingly attracts the sort of football fan who only really knows what "statistics" Sky sports and Google tells them, and are conditioned to scream and scream and scream till they make themselves sick if whatever football club they have attached themselves to this time around aren't winning everything in sight.

We've had a big influx of world-class football managers and tacticians join up lately to enlighten us with their erudition, and we've had waves like that before, and no doubt will again.

I think all clubs get that, and, to an extent, always have, be it Surrey united supporters or the range of Liverpool "fans" in the 80's all over Cornwall and Devon. 

Trouble is these days, the internet and all that twatter/social meeja and forums stuff allows these people to spread their delusions all over the places and also gives them a false belief that people have to take them seriously.

I remember mentioning most of those points “Spoilt Brats me now generation”  “Arm chair managers” and “Social media” when Sarri was transitioning us into a position based team, feedback on those points were “f**k Sarri”. 
🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

Get a life, ffs

Perhaps because some fans are tired of watching the club go through this continually cycle without any long term strategy. The circumstances surrounding Grant were very different. He came in to manage the team at a time when we had a fantastic squad, and many fans were unhappy at the circumstances surrounding Jose's sacking. Grant's appointment was about as popular as Benitez and it wasn't surprising that he came in for a fair amount of criticism when we had bad games. Grant did come within a post of winning the Champions League but evidence since then suggests that the experienced squad leaders mostly ran that team while he was at the helm.

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

Get a life, ffs

But equally a lot of the absolute numpties calling for Lamps head need to get a life too. 

I can understand some of the criticism - I've been critical of performances and some of Lamps decisions too, as have many. But to call for his head at this stage of the season is ludicrous. We're still not far off in the league and still in CL and FA Cup. Of course he deserves a bit more slack than someone like Avram Grant- because he has earned it.

4 minutes ago, Nibs said:

But equally a lot of the absolute numpties calling for Lamps head need to get a life too. 

I can understand some of the criticism - I've been critical of performances and some of Lamps decisions too, as have many. But to call for his head at this stage of the season is ludicrous. We're still not far off in the league and still in CL and FA Cup. Of course he deserves a bit more slack than someone like Avram Grant- because he has earned it.

totally get that, we'd all like him to do well. Surely.

But I just fail to understand why many people on my Twitter timeline criticising Frank's management or perhaps thinking he isnt the man to take us forward, suddenly gets pelters like "never been to the bridge probably mate"  "i was there in the 80s mate, us die hards are proper fans Frank in!"  "I have been a fan 65 yrs, call yourself a fan? pfft"   

These are grown men too btw lol looking at the profile pics.  

But as you say "wanting" us to lose so he goes is f**king moronic, too.  But still not worth accusing them of never going to a game or using how long you been a fan as a dick swining contest

2 minutes ago, RickUK said:

totally get that, we'd all like him to do well. Surely.

But I just fail to understand why many people on my Twitter timeline criticising Frank's management or perhaps thinking he isnt the man to take us forward, suddenly gets pelters like "never been to the bridge probably mate"  "i was there in the 80s mate, us die hards are proper fans Frank in!"  "I have been a fan 65 yrs, call yourself a fan? pfft"   

These are grown men too btw lol looking at the profile pics.  

But as you say "wanting" us to lose so he goes is f**king moronic, too.  But still not worth accusing them of never going to a game or using how long you been a fan as a dick swining contest

Well some of those people think any criticism of anything the club is doing shouldn't happen because in the 80s we were sh*t. 

15 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Perhaps because some fans are tired of watching the club go through this continually cycle without any long term strategy. The circumstances surrounding Grant were very different. He came in to manage the team at a time when we had a fantastic squad, and many fans were unhappy at the circumstances surrounding Jose's sacking. Grant's appointment was about as popular as Benitez and it wasn't surprising that he came in for a fair amount of criticism when we had bad games. Grant did come within a post of winning the Champions League but evidence since then suggests that the experienced squad leaders mostly ran that team while he was at the helm.

I sympathise with that view. And I am 50/50 between lampard going after this run of games if we continue this form, or at the end of the season regardless. I sometimes think just keep him for a few years come what may. 

But I want a new manager because I don't believe lampard is a manager for the long term. I don't think he has a strategy for getting us out of the rut and his team selection against Fulham shows that as he selected the older more experienced players in contentious positions. He's not trusting his own methods any more. I think we are getting worsebas a team and we may look back on this generation of players and see a wasted opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Well some of those people think any criticism of anything the club is doing shouldn't happen because in the 80s we were sh*t. 

I sympathise with that view. And I am 50/50 between lampard going after this run of games if we continue this form, or at the end of the season regardless. I sometimes think just keep him for a few years come what may. 

But I want a new manager because I don't believe lampard is a manager for the long term. I don't think he has a strategy for getting us out of the rut and his team selection against Fulham shows that as he selected the older more experienced players in contentious positions. He's not trusting his own methods any more. I think we are getting worsebas a team and we may look back on this generation of players and see a wasted opportunity. 

You may be proven right.  I personally think Frank should be given the rest of the season at least. He took on the job when many didn't fancy it due to the transfer ban. I think he deserves a chance to show that he can turn this around. If we haven't shown signs of progress by the end of the season I doubt he will be given more time, based on previous managers.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

It really depends how you go about it, if you've read my position on it a few pages back, I don't think it's ludicrous at all. But if you're reacting after one game and saying "LAMPARD OUT, FRAUD" etc. then yes obviously. 

There are many factors at play than just time. 

I think that's it for me today. Barring a miracle comeback, but even then it would only be papering over the cracks. I'm just not seeing any improvements, we are shocking all over the pitch, he can't get even mediocre performances out of his star signings, doesn't seem to know what to do. Out of his depth and unfortunately, if we want to finish even in the top 6 or 8 this season, we going to need a change.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

It could be, and even though I'm for a managerial change, it gives me no pleasure in seeing Frank get the axe. 

Nor me mate. His position is now untenable.

It would have been a dream to see him lift a major trophy with us. Alas, Tuchel will be in charge by the end of the week. Can't stand the bloke. 

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic