*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Well some of those people think any criticism of anything the club is doing shouldn't happen because in the 80s we were sh*t. 

I sympathise with that view. And I am 50/50 between lampard going after this run of games if we continue this form, or at the end of the season regardless. I sometimes think just keep him for a few years come what may. 

But I want a new manager because I don't believe lampard is a manager for the long term. I don't think he has a strategy for getting us out of the rut and his team selection against Fulham shows that as he selected the older more experienced players in contentious positions. He's not trusting his own methods any more. I think we are getting worsebas a team and we may look back on this generation of players and see a wasted opportunity. 

Yeah I never really got that, my first memory's of the club were around mid 90's (before Zola etc got here) and although I was young I was clued up enough to realise mid table was the best of what our players were capable off so I never expected more of them and were happy when they ultimately achieved such a goal.

Having said that though you can't really pin this on just us it seems to be an PL culture in general. Some Arsenal fans are calling fellow fans who don't 'trust the process' under Arteta rats, United fans are equally as bad and Liverpool fans went to unreal lengths to defend Dalgish. It seems the average fan of an English club can't separate warranted patience with putting their expectations in the gutter. The media don't help by creating cult of managers with their faux outrage and references to Ferguson whenever one gets sacked.

Thankfully however unlike with Arsenal we don't have a board that will exploit our willingness to embrace mediocrity.

Poor guy really is out of his depth, needed more time with lower league teams, or moved to Scotland like Slippy did. Get games under the belt.

for me, has to go now. This is the worst performance I’ve seen for a very long time. 

11 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Nor me mate. His position is now untenable.

It would have been a dream to see him lift a major trophy with us. Alas, Tuchel will be in charge by the end of the week. Can't stand the bloke. 

I am pretty sure it will be an interim until the summer if and when Frank goes. Either Avram or Sheva I suspect. I know there have been some comparisons to what happened with AVB. However there were leaders throughout that team and that helped to turn things around with a change in coach. Where is the leadership in our current team? 

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I am pretty sure it will be an interim until the summer if and when Frank goes. Either Avram or Sheva I suspect. I know there have been some comparisons to what happened with AVB. However there were leaders throughout that team and that helped to turn things around with a change in coach. Where is the leadership in our current team? 

Avram will be absolutely the worst decision, the reason we still challenged under him was Hen Ten Cate, before he turned up we were diving down the league even with that squad.

From what I'm hearing about his Ukraine side Sheva won't be the worst interim but we really should be appointing Tuchel, this squad profile suits him down to the ground.

Edited by Argo
3 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Why? Tuchel is available now. That's who they would go for, I'm 90%

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I'm pretty sure it would be Tuchel. No way they sack Lampard for someone like Avram Grant

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

Avram will be absolutely the worst decision, the reason we still challenged under him was Hen Ten Cate, before he turned up we were diving down the league even with that squad.

From what I'm hearing about his Ukraine side Sheva won't be the worst interim but we really should be appointing Tuchel, this squad profile suits him down to the ground.

It really depends on whether the board knows who they want to invest in next. A new manager like Tuchel will want a decent contract and immediate backing in the market. Perhaps they are looking to bide their time until the summer rather than rush to replace.

Moyes' United looked like world beaters compared to this Chelsea side. If depression was to be described as football team it would surely look like the current Chelsea side. There are plenty of football matches on TV these days, just pick a random one from any given league in this world and you will see those teams have a better chemistry and an actual game plan than this Chelsea side. Unbelievable how can one of Europe's elite clubs can look that poor...

Edited by petre ispirescu
9 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Moyes' United looked like world beaters compared to this Chelsea side. If depression was to be described as football team it would surely look like the current Chelsea side. There are plenty of football matches on TV these days, just pick a random one from any given league in this world and you will see those teams have a better chemistry and an actual game plan than this Chelsea side. Unbelievable how can one of Europe's elite clubs can look that poor...

The most damming thing is we have the quality to at the very least be an entertaining 4th-5th side (ala Klopp pre Alisson).

When so many top players (which make no mistake our boys are) look so clueless there's only one place to look.

8 minutes ago, Argo said:

The most damming thing is we have the quality to at the very least be an entertaining 4th-5th side (ala Klopp pre Alisson).

When so many top players (which make no mistake our boys are) look so clueless there's only one place to look.

Looks to me like Lampard reaped the benefits from Sarri's system last season when he just slightly became more direct and less rigid and now his true ability is shown.

Otherwise there is no reason why would we get worse while having better players...

It's surely time to bite the bullet. This season has finishing below Leeds written all over it as things currently stand.

Yes Lampard isn't alone in the blame for what we have deteriorated to. It's hard to identify a single player who shouldn't carry some of the blame but ultimately you don't sack players.

It's been too many consecutive terrible performances in a row now and there isn't the remotest indication that there is improvement on the horizon or even a sense of trying to change. It is Arlene Wenger esque in terms of assuming the plan will eventually work of you stick with it long enough.

Let Frank go now. Tonight showed why we have to. Leicester won in second gear. From the moment they went ahead they never looked liked being clawed back and played like a team confident that their opposition didn't believe they could recover. We just made up the numbers.

Just now, loz said:

It's surely time to bite the bullet. This season has finishing below Leeds written all over it as things currently stand.

Yes Lampard isn't alone in the blame for what we have deteriorated to. It's hard to identify a single player who shouldn't carry some of the blame but ultimately you don't sack players.

It's been too many consecutive terrible performances in a row now and there isn't the remotest indication that there is improvement on the horizon or even a sense of trying to change. It is Arlene Wenger esque in terms of assuming the plan will eventually work of you stick with it long enough.

Let Frank go now. Tonight showed why we have to. Leicester won in second gear. From the moment they went ahead they never looked liked being clawed back and played like a team confident that their opposition didn't believe they could recover. We just made up the numbers.

Out of interest would you see value in Frank being shown the door to be replace by an interim like Sheva or Avram? Or do you only see value if we replace with a full time appointment?

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic