*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

6 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

It's getting worse every game, I would be surprised Roman will decide to sack Lampard. 

In the last months our football doesn't change, we play the same way and nobody can understand how our buildup supposed to be going. Ball movement from side to side it's the basic, but we're not creative enough when the ball enters into the middle or attacking zone. We have enough of quality to make things happen, but it doesn't work. Maybe the players needs their time or maybe Lampard should work a way out for them. 

We clearly don't know how to defend as a unit, every pass breaks our line. It seems like only Kante knows how to steal balls or close down the pass route. We're giving too much space to our opponent and we're not physical enough. We must be aggressive on the ball, we have to look like animals that are looking for the ball, just like Jose said, we can't win games if we won't be bad boys. 

Current situation is worrying, we still haven't beat a team from top 10. We're going down and far from the top 4, if we won't get there then it will be a huge failure. Changes need to happen, maybe Lampard should think more and get anything that will shock the league or he will lose his spot. 

Frank needs to change the system instead of changing the players in that 4-3-3

Seems he doesn't want to do it, or don't know how to do it.

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

We won't get relegated this season even if we stick with Frank.

That wasn't my point. Some people say an interim didn't work when we sacked jose v2. It did because the task that time was to not get relegated.

If frank goes tomorrow, the task is to secure top 8, drill into the problems, report back to Roman, leave. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Oh that's comforting to know, you've changed my mind, he should stay then. 

You missed my point. I'm just pointing out that if that is the bar for an interim, then we may as well stick with Frank and wait until we have the permanent replacement.

We were fantastic up until November and most people were talking about us as genuinely one of the best teams in Europe at the time. With the amount of new signings we made a blip in form was always bound to happen.

The worrying thing for me though is the actual decisions and lack of style from Lamps at the moment. I understand Kante was missing but before the ball was kicked you could see that midfield was never going to work. Mount and Kova are both box to box players and Kai is an attacking player. Why Billy didn't start to sit and anchor the midfield is beyond me.

Per minute CHO has some of the best creative numbers in the league at the moment. I understand he wasn't great tonight but neither was Pulisic and he seems to get a free pass with Frank. It wouldn't surprise me to see CHO not feature for the next few games. He's been severely underused so far this season.

Just a couple of months ago Rudiger was being spoken of like he'd be shipped out in January or Summer and now he starts two league games back to back? No surprise James looked uncomfortable playing alongside him tonight as he weakens out defence tenfold.

I love Frank to bits and want him to work out but him and Jody really need to get their heads together sharpish if they have any chance of sorting this out.

On a final note, Mason seems to be the only one fighting for the badge and for our manager at the moment. 100% commitment every time he steps on the pitch. Future Captain for me one day.

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

OK so I will give some other examples. Benitez did win us the Europa but did he really improve us from where we were when RDM left? I would argue not. We lost some atrocious league games, failed to win the World Club Championship, and lost to Swansea in the League Cup semi.

Avram Grant inherited an amazing team that had come close to a domestic treble the season before. That team was almost capable of winning without a manager, they had so many leaders. Yes we made the final in Moscow but we lost to an average Spurs team in the league cup, and Barnsley in the FA Cup.  

I agree Hiddink at least steadied the squad when he took over the second time. But it was a forgettable second half of the season too. Conte then took basically the same team and won the league one year later.

You sack a manager to half a slide. You appoint a perm to win titles. 

An interim is to just steady the ship inbetween the two. You can't expect more than that 

Just now, bisright1 said:

You sack a manager to half a slide. You appoint a perm to win titles. 

An interim is to just steady the ship inbetween the two. You can't expect more than that 

Fair enough if that is the aim. I think that is about the best we can achieve this season at this point anyway. Maybe a run in the FA Cup if we are lucky.

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We were fantastic up until November and most people were talking about us as genuinely one of the best teams in Europe at the time. With the amount of new signings we made a blip in form was always bound to happen.

I agree. Some were muttering title contenders. It's almost like Frank lost the dressing room, completely night and day in a matter of a few games.

5 minutes ago, forbzy said:

You missed my point. I'm just pointing out that if that is the bar for an interim, then we may as well stick with Frank and wait until we have the permanent replacement.

But you could've just said that about AVB in 2012, and look what happened. 

Still plenty to play for, we're still in two cups and we can get top 4. But if we persist with this, the chances of that looks very slim, Frank has shown 0 signs of turning this around. This is because he's inexperienced and he might just not be good enough, simple as that. 

I don't see why we should stick with Lampard and waste the rest of the season. 

"They were sharper than us and ran more than us," says Chelsea manager Frank Lampard.

"The bare minimum is to run and sprint and cover ground and too many of our players didn't do it."

For me. That's what's made me realise Frank is out of his depth. EVERYTHING is about how hard the players are trying. There's never any depth to his thought beyond that. It's like he's only learnt how to be a manager from Harry Redknapp and not even considered anything more modern. 

He's an incredibly man manager, motivator etc. But we need more than that at this level. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

But you could've just said that about AVB in 2012, and look what happened. 

Still plenty to play for, we're still in two cups and we can get top 4. But if we persist with this, the chances of that looks very slim, Frank has shown 0 signs of turning this around. This is because he's inexperienced and he might just not be good enough, simple as that. 

I don't see why we should stick with Lampard and waste the rest of the season. 

We certainly all hope for that kind of turnaround. But that team in 2012 was full of leaders and personality. Beyond Mason Mount the players seem to be happy to hide in the current team.

It's pretty much over, his comments tonight are just a re run of past defeats and poor showings. He doesn't sound confident about how to get out of this slump and neither am I. 

Forever a legend but we need an astute manager to get these lads playing in a way where it looks somewhat like we have an identity. 

Cheers Frank and maybe in a few years down the line things can be different but we need change and fast. This is Jose levels of stink

I'd love to know what this great "vision" was that Frank sold so effectively to Havertz, Werner and others and whether it had anything to do with matters on the pitch. I don't mind us losing if there are visible signs of us trying to implement something but I don't see any of that....we're just shuffling playing staff around from game to game and surprise surprise we're too easy to play against.

Just now, Chelsbear said:

All our other managers under Roman got the sack so I don't see why this will be any different. 

Simply because he’s Lampard I don’t think the club will do that to him unless they see money going down the drain with missing CL as that’s now essential due to lack of match day income. 

9 minutes ago, forbzy said:

We certainly all hope for that kind of turnaround. But that team in 2012 was full of leaders and personality. Beyond Mason Mount the players seem to be happy to hide in the current team.

I agree but what we don't have in leaders we have in quality and potential. Lots of talents in this team. 

1 minute ago, Brutos said:

Simply because he’s Lampard I don’t think the club will do that to him unless they see money going down the drain with missing CL as that’s now essential due to lack of match day income. 

Roman doesnt act on sentiment, if he wants to sack Frank, he will.  Legend or not.  He sacked our greatest ever manager twice.

4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

He’s not getting sack so don’t expect it he will see out the season then the club make the decision if they are not happy 

I was fuming when Jose, Ancelotti and Di Matteo got the sack, trust this club to go against my wishes when I actually think they need to bin the gaffer... 

12 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

I agree. Some were muttering title contenders. It's almost like Frank lost the dressing room, completely night and day in a matter of a few games.

This season has been Scolari era mark 2, not in the sense of losing the dressing room but so overeliant on fullbacks as soon as manager's found a tactical counter that was it. Also (like under Scolari) we went from looking excellent to hopeless so sharply and couldn't win big games.

I am sorry but if Frank wants to keep his job, he has to be ruthless and replace his mate and second in command Jody Morris and bring in a better tactical coach who doesn't want to be a manager and so he can learn how to setup a team week in week out. Otherwise, I cannot see any future for the both of them at the club as I cannot see the Board being happy with 9th or 10th position having spent so much cash.

6 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Well we are kissing goodbye to any CL hopes with him currently. So if that's the reason then he'd be gone soon. 

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

This season has been Scolari era mark 2, not in the sense of losing the dressing room but so overeliant on fullbacks as soon as manager's found a tactical counter that was it. Also (like under Scolari) we went from looking excellent to hopeless so sharply and couldn't win big games.

Scolari is a good comparison although to Franks credit Scolari had a cracking team at the time. For me he goes down as our worst manager to date. 

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic