*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's funny you mention about Mourinho's soap opera and fans wishes in the same post as if it was up to the supporters Jose would still be here.

There's a reason we're in the stands and not the boardroom!

Jose would definitely  not be here, as the soap opera went into over drive after he left, such so, most of us think the bloke is a Total twat now, fans gave him support back in 2015 as it seemed the players weren’t trying, and when he was sacked results hardly improved.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

So what about Ole for example? I guarantee you were laughing at him only a few months ago when United went out the CL & last season. If he wasn’t good enough he wasn’t good enough - but now suddenly he is and they’re challenging for top? 

This was always going to be a clusterf**k of a season for everyone as it’s proving to be and if you didn’t see that coming then I’m sorry but you need to take your head out the sand.

If you put this in a normal work environment - you’re a team manager and your team underperforms on their monthly targets. Your boss comes and says “sorry Slojo, I think we could get better results next month with another manger - you’re sacked”. You’d be thinking, ah yes, that’s fair, one underperforming month and I’m fired 🤨. Pretty sure there was talk of Ralph Hasenhuttl getting sacked after they got pumped 8-0 or whatever it was and look at them now. Firing managers is not always the right thing to do.

There’s five new signings in that squad and mainly the first team, again, if you think that doesn’t take time to gel particularly with all the injuries, arriving at different times etc. I’m not quite sure what to tell you.

There’s a three year plan. See out the three year plan then holistically review the progress towards the stated targets and make an assessment.

It might seem that way now, but Ole is not a good example. United will win f**k all under Ole, most United fans know he's out of his depth and their riding a lot of luck. Mark my words, United will collapse and they can keep continuing this merry-go-round with Ole for as long as they want, the longer the better if you ask me. 

Also, for one, Ole has a lot more experience than Lampard does, he's been in the job for over 10 years, Lampard is still very much a rookie. We've seen no evidence Lampard has what it takes as manager to win things at this club, he has nothing to fall back on and say, "Trust in me, I did x". For all we know, we would be putting all our eggs in one basket for the worst manager we've had at the club. He's definitely our most inexperienced, why should we do that? 

You can't keep making excuses with fitness and injuries when other teams are suffering the same and are performing better. Go watch that Fulham game, and tell me the major difference 10 men made. Fulham played Spurs midweek and they were faster than us for 90 minutes, what's going on? The fact that we are a very lethargic team that has little to no intensity is not down to fitness. 

1 minute ago, chi blue said:

Jose would definitely  not be here, as the soap opera went into over drive after he left, such so, most of us think the bloke is a Total twat now, fans gave him support back in 2015 as it seemed the players weren’t trying, and when he was sacked results hardly improved.

i would be the first to sing his name as loud as i could if he is back

Just now, cfcforeverfan said:

tell me that when he finally qualified CL r16 and win a Seria A title with Inter

Despite him failing in Europe he has been a better managers than Jose in the recent years, everywhere he goes he makes the team fight for the league title, he was a proven winner before he came to us and he left us still being a proven winner, he made Inter go out of the slumber and they have now been a top 3 team and are fighting for the title once again. Jose is a shadow of himself in the recent years.

5 minutes ago, cfcforeverfan said:

the board should have backed Mourinho and we saved ourself these 4-5 years of mess

I genuinely don't know where to begin on that one.

4 minutes ago, cfcforeverfan said:

Leading Spurs to 5 pt from top with 1 game in hand and he 'lost his edge', i wish we have that 'edge' now instead of Frank Lampard lol

Yet Lampard despite his flaws is unbeaten in 5 clashes with Mourinho and totally outsmarted him in three of them.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Yet Lampard despite his flaws is unbeaten in 5 clashes with Mourinho and totally outsmarted him in three of them.

I was thinking it's another one of those rival fans on a windup like the one we got yesterday, but he's been here since 2016... 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Despite him failing in Europe he has been a better managers than Jose in the recent years, everywhere he goes he makes the team fight for the league title, he was a proven winner before he came to us and he left us still being a proven winner, he made Inter go out of the slumber and they have now been a top 3 team and are fighting for the title once again. Jose is a shadow of himself in the recent years.

You think failing to even qualify for Europa would be acceptable in any top team? 

and dont tell me about fighting for the title in Italy is a great accomplishment when the same team win the league 9 times in a row which tells us the quality of the league

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

It might seem that way now, but Ole is not a good example. United will win f**k all under Ole, most United fans know he's out of his depth and their riding a lot of luck. Mark my words, United will collapse and they can keep continuing this merry-go-round with Ole for as long as they want, the longer the better if you ask me. 

Also, for one, Ole has a lot more experience than Lampard does, he's been in the job for over 10 years, Lampard is still very much a rookie. We've seen no evidence Lampard has what it takes as manager to win things at this club, he has nothing to fall back on and say, "Trust in me, I did x". For all we know, we would be putting all our eggs in one basket for the worst manager we've had at the club. He's definitely our most inexperienced, why should we do that? 

You can't keep making excuses with fitness and injuries when other teams are suffering the same and are performing better. Go watch that Fulham game, and tell me the major difference 10 men made. Fulham played Spurs midweek and they were faster than us for 90 minutes, what's going on? The fact that we are a very lethargic team that has little to no intensity is not down to fitness. 

I mean, you can say that if you like but that’s your opinion it’s not based on anything factual whatsoever. The simple fact is things have improved at United over that period and as you say - that’s with a manager with 10 years experience. Lampard is still a rookie you’re correct. Hence why he has a significant amount of room still to grow and develop in the role. 

What are you talking about all our eggs in one basket? It’s another 6 months or 18 months at most? It’s not going to capitulate the club. Who would you want to replace him? And please don’t have the cheek to say Nagelsmann cause the lot of you would want him sacked after we have a bad couple of months.

That’ll be Fulham that took points of Spurs & Liverpool recently that we beat? A team being lethargic would surely be all to do with fitness given the definition of the word is effectively being sluggish/fatigued? Or are you implying they’re mentally lethargic or just lazy? Because if you’re implying they’re lazy. You should be pointing fingers at the players as opposed to Lampard.

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

true but I would love to be in Spurs position now than ours despite spending so much more money than them this summer

And head to head result doesnt mean much, Ole beat Pep twice last season and unbeaten in the league against City but you can never persuade me Ole is better than Pep

What absolutely puzzles me is the people saying a new manager will get us going again, almost guaranteeing it, but no names mentioned, no style of play thoughts, no vision at all, no in depth thoughts, they just want a new shiny manager.

If your asking for Frank to leave, at least put up your visions for the replacement.

Just now, coco said:

What absolutely puzzles me is the people saying a new manager will get us going again, almost guaranteeing it, but no names mentioned, no style of play thoughts, no vision at all, no in depth thoughts, they just want a new shiny manager.

If your asking for Frank to leave, at least put up your visions for the replacement.

I would love to have Allegri managing us. Bring us back to the days that we are very hard to beat, good defensive side and counter attacking football, not this boring passing 9000 passes and attacking football that bored me to death. I want us to be very tough to beat, like Atletico these days where they barely concede any goals

For me Frank will be the greatest player to pull on the blue shirt this will buy him some extra time but he sadly needs to be judged solely on his performance as manager which hasn't been good enough. 

He done brilliantly last season under the circumstances but i was worried for him when we signed 6 players in the summer with only one having experience playing in England. Even someone vastly more experienced than Frank would struggle trying to mould these players together. I think the club felt they could take advantage in the market with having the Hazard money and the global pandemic to sign players that mite have been out of reach otherwise. In the long term i think it will benefit the club but there will be a lot of pain until we can get them used to playing together and move out any deadwood which we are seeing now. Its no surprise that the teams at the top of the table have basically the same squads as last season. 

The most disappointing thing is the style of play last season you could see it was a work in progress quick attacking football but that has gone now. Last night we seen full backs crossing the ball from 30 yards out, a very lightweight midfield and play so disjointed you thought the players only met at the ground. 

If frank does go we need to seriously look at a manger who will get the best out of the players at the club for me Brendan Rodgers would be my first choice. 

Edited by Belfast_blue5
4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I mean, you can say that if you like but that’s your opinion it’s not based on anything factual whatsoever. The simple fact is things have improved at United over that period and as you say - that’s with a manager with 10 years experience. Lampard is still a rookie you’re correct. Hence why he has a significant amount of room still to grow and develop in the role. 

What are you talking about all our eggs in one basket? It’s another 6 months or 18 months at most? It’s not going to capitulate the club. Who would you want to replace him? And please don’t have the cheek to say Nagelsmann cause the lot of you would want him sacked after we have a bad couple of months.

That’ll be Fulham that took points of Spurs & Liverpool recently that we beat? A team being lethargic would surely be all to do with fitness given the definition of the word is effectively being sluggish/fatigued? Or are you implying they’re mentally lethargic or just lazy? Because if you’re implying they’re lazy. You should be pointing fingers at the players as opposed to Lampard.

Okay then, come back to me the end of the season and let's see how good Ole does and how he wins f**k all. 

We spent over 200 million on players, we have to be doing better, that's a fact. You're delusional if you think this is okay. The more we wait the more time we waste and hinder the development of the players and the club. It's not the end of the world if we go on without Frank Lampard, there are far better managers out there, and before you start asking me silly questions with "who?", how about anyone that's had more than 2 years experience and has actually won a trophy in their managerial career. 

So here we go, you're making excuses for the Fulham performance, it's the managers job to get the players playing well. Simple as that, if he can't do that, then he can't do his job. 

1 minute ago, cfcforeverfan said:

You think failing to even qualify for Europa would be acceptable in any top team? 

and dont tell me about fighting for the title in Italy is a great accomplishment when the same team win the league 9 times in a row which tells us the quality of the league

Conte played a huge part in Juventus becoming such a dominant team in Italy, he took them to that level. Are you just going to ignore the fact that Jose can't even compete in the CL anymore and that he also failed to qualify for Europa with us which was the reason why he was sacked?

Conte took Juventus that was 7th in Serie A prior to Conte becoming their manager, in his first season he won the league with Juventus.

Then he came to us and won the league in his first season with us as well, won the FA Cup in his second.

D. Costa with 20+ goals as the main striker first season, second Hazard with 15+ goals. Went to Inter and automatically made them a top 2 team with Lukaku having 20+ goals. 

Bayern is also winning in Germany most of the time and last season the CL was like a walk in the park for them so big teams being dominant domestically doesn't automatically mean that the league doesn't have the quality.

I don't see how is Jose currently a better manager than Conte.

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I was thinking it's another one of those rival fans on a windup like the one we got yesterday, but he's been here since 2016... 

I start supporting Chelsea since 1997, I just rarely comment here

Jose Mourinho is the greatest ever manager that managed us, he is not flawless but sticking with him and giving him the money to spend is far much better than giving a rookie manager like Lampard

Sadly we only have like 1 good window since the 14-15 season with Costa and Cesc, every year is panic buys and last min signings. If we had a better window in the 15-16 season, not just a Pedro with bunch of panic buys like Falcao, Baba Rahman and Hector etc, how would have known what would happen now? Maybe we are in the City/Liverpool position fighting for the title for the 5th year in a row

Just now, cfcforeverfan said:

I start supporting Chelsea since 1997, I just rarely comment here

Jose Mourinho is the greatest ever manager that managed us, he is not flawless but sticking with him and giving him the money to spend is far much better than giving a rookie manager like Lampard

Sadly we only have like 1 good window since the 14-15 season with Costa and Cesc, every year is panic buys and last min signings. If we had a better window in the 15-16 season, not just a Pedro with bunch of panic buys like Falcao, Baba Rahman and Hector etc, how would have known what would happen now? Maybe we are in the City/Liverpool position fighting for the title for the 5th year in a row

I'm not downplaying what Jose did, but stop pretending he's anywhere near the same gaffer he was here in 2015. He failed miserably at United, yeah he won two trophies, but look at the money he spent and the team he inherited. He took them backwards in their 3rd season. 

And what's he doing at Spurs really? The only thing I will give him credit for, is if he wins that Cup, any trophy is good for Spurs at the moment. But he still looks like a shadow of himself, all that talk about how Spurs are title challengers made me laugh though, they're nowhere near title challengers. Being better than us this season isn't exactly a milestone. 

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Well that's not true is it? The vast majority remained fully behind him last season despite so so results.

51 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

As I said, go read Arsenal or United forums from a couple of months back - you’ll see the exact same posts. Firing managers after a couple of months is not sustainable - as we should know given the amount of money the club has paid out to everyone we sack.

If we didn't fire Ranieri we wouldn't have got Mourinho, if we stuck by Mourinho when he lost the plot we'd have never got Conte, if we didn't fire Scolari we'd have never got Hiddink and Ancelotti, if we didn't fire AVB they'd still be no team in London with a European Cup. Some of the best memories the club have given us started with a sacking.

And funny you mention Arsenal as they're rich in managerial stability and that's not exactly worked out as planned in the last 15 years has it?

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Conte played a huge part in Juventus becoming such a dominant team in Italy, he took them to that level. Are you just going to ignore the fact that Jose can't even compete in the CL anymore and that he also failed to qualify for Europa with us which was the reason why he was sacked?

Conte took Juventus that was 7th in Serie A prior to Conte becoming their manager, in his first season he won the league with Juventus.

Then he came to us and won the league in his first season with us as well, won the FA Cup in his second.

D. Costa with 20+ goals as the main striker first season, second Hazard with 15+ goals. Went to Inter and automatically made them a top 2 team with Lukaku having 20+ goals. 

Bayern is also winning in Germany most of the time and last season the CL was like a walk in the park for them so big teams being dominant domestically doesn't automatically mean that the league doesn't have the quality.

I don't see how is Jose currently a better manager than Conte.

Allegri is the one that bring Juventus from a laughing stock in Europe to 2 times CL finalist...as I said, how could any top team accepting their team crushing out the CL group, I dont really care how great you are in the league (and only because Milan lost Zlatan and Silva in that summer thus Juventus start dominating with a far better squad) if you are managing a elite club, you cannot do this bad in Europe, end of. 

Bayern is a different case when they can pretty much snap up every great players in their league for a cheap price. Not to mention the quality of German player compare to Italian player in the last 5-10 years is quite absurd when Italy cant even qualified for the last World Cup

I dont know if Jose or Conte is better at this point but just by saying 'Inter is doing well thus Conte is better' is just not a good argument given Spurs is playing so well in EPL -  a much more competitive team with far less money to spend

Okay then, come back to me the end of the season and let's see how good Ole does and how he wins f**k all. 

We spent over 200 million on players, we have to be doing better, that's a fact. You're delusional if you think this is okay. The more we wait the more time we waste and hinder the development of the players and the club. It's not the end of the world if we go on without Frank Lampard, there are far better managers out there, and before you start asking me silly questions with "who?", how about anyone that's had more than 2 years experience and has actually won a trophy in their managerial career. 

So here we go, you're making excuses for the Fulham performance, it's the managers job to get the players playing well. Simple as that, if he can't do that, then he can't do his job. 

We shall see, winning something surely isn’t really relevant it’s about progress so challenging for the league would still be progress for them? You can’t win trophies every year, especially in the Prem. 

Silly questions? You’re wanting rid of a manager without providing alternatives 😂 at least back up the sh*te you’re waffling.

An excuse? I asked you a question which yet again you’ve deflected as you have done consistently through this conversation. For Mr Optimistic when I criticised Jorginho you’re very much a doom and gloom merchant when it comes to Frank just now.

I'm not downplaying what Jose did, but stop pretending he's anywhere near the same gaffer he was here in 2015. He failed miserably at United, yeah he won two trophies, but look at the money he spent and the team he inherited. He took them backwards in their 3rd season. 

And what's he doing at Spurs really? The only thing I will give him credit for, is if he wins that Cup, any trophy is good for Spurs at the moment. But he still looks like a shadow of himself, all that talk about how Spurs are title challengers made me laugh though, they're nowhere near title challengers. Being better than us this season isn't exactly a milestone. 

Sooooooo, not “anyone that's had more than 2 years experience and has actually won a trophy in their managerial career.” as clearly you wouldn’t want Jose, right?

6 minutes ago, cfcforeverfan said:

Jose Mourinho is the greatest ever manager that managed us,

And Drogba's our best ever striker, doesn't mean i want him upfront in 2021.

Edited by Argo

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

Well that's not true is it? The vast majority remained fully behind him last season despite so so results.

If we didn't fire Ranieri we wouldn't have got Mourinho, if we stuck by Mourinho when he lost the plot we'd have never got Conte, if we didn't fire Scolari we'd have never got Hiddink and Ancelotti, if we didn't fire AVB they'd still be no team in London with a European Cup. Some of the best memories the club have given us started with a sacking.

And funny you mention Arsenal as they're rich in managerial stability and that's not exactly worked out as planned in the last 15 years has it?

Are you referring to Frank? We were in and around the top four for the entire season with a squad made of a lot of youngsters? Very difficult to find an angle to stick the boot in under those circumstances so of course they were.

And how did all of those other manager then follow on? Sacked, sacked, sacked, rinse, repeat. 

Actually it worked quite well for them? When Wenger left it’s started the slide hasn’t it and they’ve gone through a host of managers since then? If anything it’s proven what a good job Wenger done with that Arsenal squad to get them in the top 4 consistently.

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

what do you expect Spurs could win in a league with 2 clear favourite? The years when Spurs are 'challenging' is when Pep and Klopp just arrived, and the year Leicester won the league - which are both a chaotic, unstable league. Now the league is too competitive with 2 clear favourite where Spurs as a club shouldnt be even in the same sentence with the club statue like Liverpool and Man City where they are much bigger club and wealthier than Spurs.

He lead United to the 2nd place finish, the highest point tally since SAF retired, with a backline of Ashley Fking Young and Valencia as fullback. He spend a lot of money when Woodward is the one deciding and negotiating, which we all know Woodward is an idiot and failure as you will know if you ask any United fans. Not to mention, the squad SAF and Van Gaal left need an overhaul so much because it has no proper midfield option and no winger. He didnt even get a proper fullback by the time he left united lol, he was still using Valencia and Ashley Young... So dont put the entire blame on him.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

And Drogba's our best ever striker, doesn't mean i want him upfront in 2021.

except Drogba is retired Mourinho is 5 points off the top with Spurs - a club that shouldnt be in the title race at all in 2021, with a game in hand.

With how chaotic this year the league is, if they get some luck, who knows? I dont even want to be result oriented here when what he did in Spurs is good enough already, I would want us to be in their position now instead of this boring possession football rubbish that bored me to death most of the game watching team pass 9000 times and cross it aimlessly at the end

9 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Are you referring to Frank? We were in and around the top four for the entire season with a squad made of a lot of youngsters? Very difficult to find an angle to stick the boot in under those circumstances so of course they were.

And how did all of those other manager then follow on? Sacked, sacked, sacked, rinse, repeat..

Yep and it works. I mean instead of win big and part ways with RDM, Mou and Conte would you have rather we wasted those years on a vanity project with AVB? 

Edited by Argo
  • coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic