*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

If Lampard gets to finish top 5 I would be happy with that.

But if we keep losing and finish top 10 I don't see any reason for him to still be our manager next season.

After all so many always point out how Jose is our best manager ever and yet he got sacked after we finished top 10 and that wasn't his first time to get sacked either.

Did Conte and Ancelotti deserve to get sacked? I don't think so, I think both of them deserved more trust from the club. But that's the job, if you can't bring the results then someone else will, it has nothing to do with Lampard personally.

His legacy is untouched anyway, last season we could have played really badly and then he might have lost his job back then and his legacy would have stayed perfectly clean in my eyes still.

1. He kept the standard despite relying on the youth and we finished 4th.

2. He integrated some younger players that have more experience now and bought new players for the future as well.

Lampard set the corner stone for the club in these two seasons. He made the squad better for the future. That doesn't change if we get a new manager.

I don't want Lampard to keep going if we finish below top 5, only if we keep losing and keep this 50% win rate, only that in added time will contribute to his legacy to become slightly worse and I don't want that.

In my book, worst case scenario is: Lampard had 2 seasons as the manager, started in a difficult position when the club had a transfer ban and still managed to finish top 4 and in the second season bought new players but couldn't integrate everyone as we have a lack of experience and leadership, still he set the way for his successor to build on a new, young and exciting team.

Look at Arteta for example.

He had them bottom of the league for majority of the season, and then thanks to covid and injuries, he’s had to rely on Smith Rowe and Saka and now look at how they have transformed the season.

My point is Arteta just needed abit of luck to turn it around and he’s had it, now he’s building on that luck to turn around the season (Even though I reckon they’ll be bottom again with upcoming tough run).

I guess Lampard just need abit of luck and we’ve not had any. Werner goal chalked offside, Pulisic penalty ruled out, hitting the post multiple times, Ndidi scoring his first goal in a year outside the box, Saka cross turned into goal, Xhaka having one worldie every 3 years, etc. We’re having rotten luck at the minute.

Surely our luck will change soon.

56 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

How about this one then,

on Filbertway  Leicester fans site...July 12th after Leicester lost 2-0 to Bournemouth, headline "... RODGERS OUT"

" Horror performance, clear relegation. candidates next season"

Tactics, team selection etc wrong. Interviews after game hard to understand....

now look, they are the current champions with a top manager !

I think you may have misunderstood what champions means mate but there is some validity to what you’re saying re: The league being so tight and positions changing weekly 

1. Why aren’t the players running, being aggressive or intense anymore for Frank? Have they stopped Playing for him? 

2. I guess we’ll truly see how committed Roman is to “building something” and if he sticks or twists. 

I’m conflicted - on one hand I think why appoint Frank and then sack him 18 months in. But then we also know that Frank knows the rules and what underperformance means. I think if the club were hovering 5/6th, I don’t think he would be under so much but 10th and looking downwards, it’s hard to excuse. 

22 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Not winning a title or a cup last season is hardly a failure

No one is saying it is, but the whole point of the debate is that Frank does not have the years of experience or seasons of success to fall back on that others do when they go a bad run.

Frank must realise by now he's got to get Werner and Havertz going to keep his job.

Werner will have to play the false 9 and have freedom, Havertz playing #8 . two wingers from Pul,Ziy,CHO, then Mount and Kante in the engine room.

Mendy

James       Silva       Zouma       Chilwell

Mount     Kante

Ziyech                                     Pulisic 

Havertz   

Werner

come on Frank do it !

4 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

It should be honoured because it's a contract and that is the honourable thing to do.  All of those other managers should have had their contracts honoured as well.  But that's not the point.  We are 3 points worse off now than last season at the same time.  Halfway through a season that is f**k all.  we have had a blip, but have only lost 6 league matches all season.  No-one was bitch-whining about sacking the manager when we beat Leeds, or at any time before that in the season.  A few bad results and all the toys go out the pram and you and other start whining and bleating about sacking the man.  That to me is the epitome of self-entitled plastic glory hunting.  Now I know @Slojo is not one of those, so I accuse you of having hacked his forum login.  That is the only reason I can see for some of what you have posted in his name.

Frank was appointed for a 3 -year project and very nearly everyone in here at the time was expressing a view that a couple of years without challenging for the title or winning anything major would be acceptable.  Now that a mid-season slump, not unknown for us in the winter, has happened, people start of on this "give me a new shiny thing", sack the manager, buy more players, blah, blah, blah.

And finally, I'm not pretending anything.  I am saying outright that anyone who 18 months ago was saying "I'll be happy if Frank brings through some young 'uns and I'll accept 2 or 3 seasons without major honours" and is now jumping on the knee-jerk "sack the manager" bandwagon after a couple of bad results is a hypocritical bastard and should have a good look at them selves.  And I can't see ANY legitimate reason for sacking the manager after a few bad matches and when still only 9 points off top spot.

But then I  have just seen some f**king idiot say "not this boring attacking football nonsense".  I rest my case.

I despair!

We are half way through the season and 3 points off from last season and you think that's acceptable? If Frank is sacked then that means Roman is thinking exactly what a large portion of the fanbase are thinking.....totally unacceptable. Are you going to protest against Roman and call him every name under the sun?

Use a bit if common sense will you because right now you are showing none and just speaking through pure emotion and aligence to Frank even if its to the detriment of the club.

Our poor form has lasted more than a few matches. More like half a dozen. No one was complaining after Leeds because we got the result and even then the performance wasn't great.

The fact that you cant see a legitimate reason says it all.

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

Don’t Understand the idea of Shevchenko coming in to replace Frank. Would be just a different ex player coming in without much experience. Also would be a Roman decision as they are close, but that can be difficult as well.

He's done well with Ukraine but I agree, definitely not my ideal choice. I would prefer someone with club management. 

24 minutes ago, coco said:

Frank must realise by now he's got to get Werner and Havertz going to keep his job.

Werner will have to play the false 9 and have freedom, Havertz playing #8 . two wingers from Pul,Ziy,CHO, then Mount and Kante in the engine room.

Mendy

Mount     Kante

Havertz   

Werner

come on Frank do it !

Scrap the 3 man midfield for sure. 

28 minutes ago, coco said:

Mendy

Mount     Kante

Havertz   

Werner

come on Frank do it !

Good suggestion Coco, though I wonder if a 3-4-1-2 would work better.

Mendy

Zouma

Silva

Azpi

James

Kante

Mount

Chilwell

Havertz

Giroud

Werner

Also sky have taken their turn to twist the knife... https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12193837/frank-lampard-chelsea-managers-job-under-threat-unless-he-reverses-poor-run-of-form

Edited by axman2526

The more I think about this the more confused I am as to how we managed to get 4th last year with a way weaker squad. People say Lampard lacks experience but he had even less experience last season and did well considering the lack of transfers and overall quality.

How did we go from playing attractive football last season to this crap we are playing now? Imagine we had to play with Kepa, Alonso, Christensen, Rüdiger and an aging Azpilicueta as our back-four this season. We would be in the relegation zone by now. 

15 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

The more I think about this the more confused I am as to how we managed to get 4th last year with a way weaker squad. People say Lampard lacks experience but he had even less experience last season and did well considering the lack of transfers and overall quality.

How did we go from playing attractive football last season to this crap we are playing now? Imagine we had to play with Kepa, Alonso, Christensen, Rüdiger and an aging Azpilicueta as our back-four this season. We would be in the relegation zone by now. 

I think sometimes things just happen and there's little point looking to deeply for an explanation.

My take is that all the squad and particularly the youngsters brought into the situation with Lamps & Jody and grabbed their chance and probably exceeded expectations. This season, we have signed what on paper look like better players but it has back-fired. Mendy and Silva have been decent but the others just haven't clicked - even Chilwell is looking average last few games. And when you take into account, all our main rivals look stronger and have improved (and when I say rivals I now include likes of Everton, Saints Leicester and even West Ham FFS!), I think that's why we are struggling.

With the money in the PL right now, all teams are able to compete a bit more especially those with good scouting networks too. I know we can't afford to have the small-club mentality that some of our rivals have been guilty of in the past but I think we also need to accept that no-one has the divine right to win trophies or be guaranteed of finishing top 4. Yes, we should be doing better but there are a lot of good sides now - as backed up by so many of the results this season.

I know that's not what some supporters want to hear, especially those who have only followed Chelsea since we started winning things again, but that's how I see it and going out and replacing Lamps with another foreign coach will guarantee nothing.

Edited by Nibs

46 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I despair!

We are half way through the season and 3 points off from last season and you think that's acceptable? If Frank is sacked then that means Roman is thinking exactly what a large portion of the fanbase are thinking.....totally unacceptable. Are you going to protest against Roman and call him every name under the sun?

Use a bit if common sense will you because right now you are showing none and just speaking through pure emotion and aligence to Frank even if its to the detriment of the club.

Our poor form has lasted more than a few matches. More like half a dozen. No one was complaining after Leeds because we got the result and even then the performance wasn't great.

The fact that you cant see a legitimate reason says it all.

You’ve nailed! it halfway through the season, yes only half way through the season, and only three points less than last season, in a very very strange, get a grip you spoilt little brat, we are not entitled to be top or even in the top 10

1 minute ago, chi blue said:

You’ve nailed! it halfway through the season, yes only half way through the season, and only three points less than last season, in a very very strange, get a grip you spoilt little brat, we are not entitled to be top or even in the top 10

Very strange season yet the traditional bug 6 clubs are challenging for top 4 aside from Arsenal who haven't really spent any money for a number of years and Chelsea who have invested heavily. Not entitled to be top 10? So if we get relegated im sure you will still back lamps and say "it's okay, lampard doesn't deserve to be sacked, we are not entitled to be in the Premier League". What an idiot.

@reparto corse

Because took a while for the league to work out us out, Mount, Tammy and James all new in the EPL and then when they started to work us out Pulisic came back in and was tremendous.

Let's also not forget Barkley was scoring a few too and offered a different attacking threat.

At the moment everyone has us worked out we are predictable.

If Frank does last the season think he will need to change and I think we might need to go with 3 CBs as James is being found out defensively and if we bring back Alonso we have two of the best attacking wide backs.

Strikers, Giroud is too slow and Tammy is the anti-striker, he scores through defensive mistakes as much as open playing yet is poor against 2 CBs. 

I would consider Pulisic and Werner playing as the two as at least they are mobile.

In midfield Anjorin with Mount and either Billy or Jorginho.

Anjorin has energy and if he breaks the lines has a decent right foot finish.

Frank needs to change something or the players will lose motivation and Wolves and Burnley will be like Nile Crocodiles waiting for the Wildebeest migration.

I think Lampard needs to go back to what used to give him some stability, 4-2-3-1.

He has tried now 4-3-3 with all possible combinations and none of them really worked.

The best win of the season was 4:0 vs Palace where we played 4-2-3-1. 

Play deeper so that the opposition naturally moves forward and thus leaves more space for our attacks the 4-2-3-1 naturally makes us a more deeper team.

Mendy

James T.Silva Zouma Chilwell

Jorginho  Mount

Ziyech      Havertz     Pulisic

Werner

This is probably my best advice that I would give to Lampard. Use things that worked well in the past + incorporate the new players. We want to have the ball more than 60% of the time anyway so like this we can at least be stable with it and dangerous in the same time. Mount + Pulisic can be direct, Jorginho + Ziyech can pass the long ball and Havertz and Werner can make a run.

PS. If this works Lampard will keep his job and he will know what to do for next season automatically. Get someone like Rice and make a partnership with Mount for potentially 10+ years or something like that.

Edited by Gol15
7 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

@reparto corse

Because took a while for the league to work out us out, Mount, Tammy and James all new in the EPL and then when they started to work us out Pulisic came back in and was tremendous.

Let's also not forget Barkley was scoring a few too and offered a different attacking threat.

At the moment everyone has us worked out we are predictable.

If Frank does last the season think he will need to change and I think we might need to go with 3 CBs as James is being found out defensively and if we bring back Alonso we have two of the best attacking wide backs.

Strikers, Giroud is too slow and Tammy is the anti-striker, he scores through defensive mistakes as much as open playing yet is poor against 2 CBs. 

I would consider Pulisic and Werner playing as the two as at least they are mobile.

In midfield Anjorin with Mount and either Billy or Jorginho.

Anjorin has energy and if he breaks the lines has a decent right foot finish.

Frank needs to change something or the players will lose motivation and Wolves and Burnley will be like Nile Crocodiles waiting for the Wildebeest migration.

Ironically frank has become the very thing we wanted to get away from. He's afraid to play the kids. He doesn't trust the academy anymore. 

Anjorin and Billy aren't going to get a look in. He will persist with players out of form who are more experienced. 

Firstly let me place my hat on the keep Frank in place corner.

We are not a bad team, we are just playing poorly. Yes it has been a half a dozen games or so, but this year is going to be the most unpredictable league ever I suspect. The highs and lows of every team have been massive, we are clearly in a low point, but we can come good again.

I agree 100% with many people's analysis of lack of character, willingness to run and battle from players. Our play is very poor, too slow, too predictable, Lamps has to accept that is partly at his door, it comes with the job. 

Personally I'm confused at certain decisions he is making but I'm not at Cobham watching the training day to day and I'm also not a professional manager of one of the biggest jobs in football so I'll say I'm possibly underqualified 😂

I'm far from panic mode, naturally as all of us do, I want us to win and quickly and I hope it's with Frank in charge not only because he is one of our own, but because I believe in my heart he is the right man.

KTBFFH

So The Bliues are on an awful run! Following a decnt run where to be honest we never look fluid and had the rub of the green in a few of those matches. My question is Can we lay all of our current woes at Lampards door. When I look around most managers have an experienced backroom staff, I wonder if Frank would benfit from a more experienced no2. I know Jodie Morris has had a lot of experience with youth squads but working with the academy at Chelsea where the quality of the Youngsters is far higher than most other academies would makethe job of Youth or Academy coach easier than say  at Derby.If you look around the Premiership most teams doing well ,Top Half , have legends of the club in senior coaching roles or someone the manager has won things with. 

Man Uniturd - OGS/Carrick/Phelan

Man sh*tty -  PEP/Torrent/Plancha

Liverpool-  Klopp/Lijinders/Kraweitz

All of these coaches have either been together for over 5years or coached extensively and succesfully for over a decade.

I think for Frank to be succesful and enjoy success at Chelsea he needs more experience alongside him. Keep Jodie there but bring more experience in. I would also like to see JT back in camp. Villas improvement has been no fluke and with Terrys loyalty he would expect nothing less from the players in the dressing room.

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think Lampard needs to go back to what used to give him some stability, 4-2-3-1.

He has tried now 4-3-3 with all possible combinations and none of them really worked.

The best win of the season was 4:0 vs Palace where we played 4-2-3-1. 

Play deeper so that the opposition naturally moves forward and thus leaves more space for our attacks the 4-2-3-1 naturally makes us a more deeper team.

Mendy

James T.Silva Zouma Chilwell

Jorginho  Mount

Ziyech      Havertz     Pulisic

Werner

This is probably my best advice that I would give to Lampard. Use things that worked well in the past + incorporate the new players. We want to have the ball more than 60% of the time anyway so like this we can at least be stable with it and dangerous in the same time. Mount + Pulisic can be direct, Jorginho + Ziyech can pass the long ball and Havertz and Werner can make a run.

you cant play deep when you have the ball as much as we do, that would just mean passing it around at the back, which we do a lot of anyway. If you want us to play deeper we need to stop hogging the ball if we can't break teams down, and let the other team have more possession than 30 minutes per game. Or we stick with the high possession and work on unlocking defences like city do with rapid one touch attacks.

23 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Very strange season yet the traditional bug 6 clubs are challenging for top 4 aside from Arsenal who haven't really spent any money for a number of years and Chelsea who have invested heavily. Not entitled to be top 10? So if we get relegated im sure you will still back lamps and say "it's okay, lampard doesn't deserve to be sacked, we are not entitled to be in the Premier League". What an idiot.

I appreciate new fans have short memories, but let’s see if we can drag our memory back to the o such long time ago of the beginning of December, about a month and half ago and if we had beaten Everton we would of gone too!! Yes a disappointing run with some poor performances, but we could of gone Top, to 7 weeks later  getting sacked! Is there no patience here. The way people on here are talking we are cut adrift at the bottom of the table.

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic