Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

Yesterday we had our youngest team for 25 years on the pitch. We are already playing with more tempo, directness and forward movement than we did at any time under Sarri. As a result, we are far more enjoyable to watch. And we have 5 more quality players to return from injury.

I truly cannot see what there is to be negative about.

14 minutes ago, just said:

Yesterday we had our youngest team for 25 years on the pitch. We are already playing with more tempo, directness and forward movement than we did at any time under Sarri. As a result, we are far more enjoyable to watch. And we have 5 more quality players to return from injury.

I truly cannot see what there is to be negative about.

It was enjoyable, but I must confess that I also enjoyed the first 2 months or so under Sarri. Nobody compained during that unbeaten run. Unfortunately, it didn't last...

Having said that, I'm pining most for the return of Rüdiger. He may not solve all our defensive problems, but he'll surely improve us.

In some ways, I would prefer to have to have a slower, tougher start and work a few of the problems out. Otherwise, what happens is you just get a new manager bounce and not really improving things. Look at United and even sarri to a degree. 

Interesting listening to the guys on Sunday Supplement today concurring with the direction we are going in and the way we are playing. Like most of us, they think it’s an exciting time to be a supporter right now.

8 minutes ago, Crem said:

Interesting listening to the guys on Sunday Supplement today concurring with the direction we are going in and the way we are playing. Like most of us, they think it’s an exciting time to be a supporter right now.

It certainly is exciting, it's Sunday morning and I already can't wait till the bridge next Saturday, it was worth going through the last two seasons of boring football and miserable couldn't give a sh*t managers to end up with an exciting young team and a legend as manager. Speaking to other clubs fans and I'm already starting to see signs of envy from them. Carefree

In some ways, I would prefer to have to have a slower, tougher start and work a few of the problems out. Otherwise, what happens is you just get a new manager bounce and not really improving things. Look at United and even sarri to a degree. 
I think we have seen cracks and there are issues. Learning process is on the way

I reckon with a new manager, sometime it's better to have a rough start and expose all the issues needs to be addressed. Last season we had a great start. but after that beating from Spurs, everybody figured us out we looked completely lost for a couple of months. That unbeaten start was quickly forgotten when we looked completely clueless in attack for months.

I reckon with a new manager, sometime it's better to have a rough start and expose all the issues needs to be addressed. Last season we had a great start. but after that beating from Spurs, everybody figured us out we looked completely lost for a couple of months. That unbeaten start was quickly forgotten when we looked completely clueless in attack for months.
In a way I understand this but the league is so even in many ways you need to win bad and have luck if you want to reach the top spots. Even if we fix everything in our game we can easily lose 0-4.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Who does he see as a potential old boy manager at Arsenal?

BTW how's him being African relevant?

I've met 5 African men on the work front, to a man they supported Arsenal.

One from Senegal conceded he was fascinated by Drogba and the other I mentioned is intrigued with how Lampard is faring.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I've met 5 African men on the work front, to a man they supported Arsenal.

One from Senegal conceded he was fascinated by Drogba and the other I mentioned is intrigued with how Lampard is faring.

I still don't get what origin has to do with the club they support. Do you do this with "Europeans"?

44 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I still don't get what origin has to do with the club they support. Do you do this with "Europeans"?

Would you make an issue out of it if he mentioned that the guy was Russian? Because I am and I wouldn't care. What difference does it make? He's just describing someone from work.

Why mentioning someone's origin is a problem? Is 'African' considered a derogatory term nowadays?

5 hours ago, coco said:

Seen a couple of Chelsea friends this morning out and about, we all had beaming smiles on our faces, its called the SFL affect.

Went out with Mrs for a beer last night, and bumped into a spurs supporter who I only know to nod  and say hello to normally when he's at station going to spurs when I'm going to bridge, he spoke and said what do I think of Frank and my enthusiasm took over and within 5 minutes he had to change tact and show me a photograph of that proxy mechano stadium, I warned him as he left the pub  that it will turn into the Emirates mark ll, and now as I finish this post they've just lost to Newcastle at home!! Time for a beer it's bank holiday Sunday!! 

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Would you make an issue out of it if he mentioned that the guy was Russian? Because I am and I wouldn't care. What difference does it make? He's just describing someone from work.

Why mentioning someone's origin is a problem? Is 'African' considered a derogatory term nowadays?

I have noticed him using a colleague's origin before, I think it was Indian, when telling an anecdote in which ethnic origins weren't relevant either. Never did I see him use the tern European, so I was curious what his motive was. My curiosity comes from a colleague of myself (anecdote in which origins do matter) telling about her annoyance when peop,e ask her where she is from. She was born and raised in the Netherlands by a Dutch mother and a Maroccan father.  She said that on a regular basis she is referred to as the Maroccan girl (doubly annoying as she is an adult woman) in a setting; this never happens to someone with a distinctly Frysian name for instance. It doesn't hurt anybody to be aware how language is perceived.

People making an issue over mentioning ethnicities when taking about people...

I do it with everyone unless they're the majority's of people in a given situation.

The polish guy.

The Indian neighbors.

The white guy.

The black guy

The Jamaican guy.

The Nigerian lady.

Etc, etc, 

What's the issue...?

People are different. 

Their cultures have certain influences often times. Why should anyone be offended about their ethnic origin?

8 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

People making an issue over mentioning ethnicities when taking about people...

I do it with everyone unless they're the majority's of people in a given situation.

The polish guy.

The Indian neighbors.

The white guy.

The black guy

The Jamaican guy.

The Nigerian lady.

Etc, etc, 

What's the issue...?

People are different. 

Their cultures have certain influences often times. Why should anyone be offended about their ethnic origin?

It is offending when in conversations (in the instace I mentioned, white) colleagues are referred to by their job titles, but the non-white isn't the project manager, but the Maroccan girl. As I said, it doesn't hurt to be aware of how language is perceived.

27 minutes ago, Valerie said:

It is offending when in conversations (in the instace I mentioned, white) colleagues are referred to by their job titles, but the non-white isn't the project manager, but the Maroccan girl. As I said, it doesn't hurt to be aware of how language is perceived.

Okay... In the scenario above, that is offensive.

In general though, mentioning someone's ethnicity when relating an anecdote... It's just a bit if description imo, speaking for myself at least. 

I remember mentioning 'Jamaican' a while ago when describing a youngster using some of the ghetto lingo I wasn't up to speed with and someone took offence to my mentioning their being Jamaican.

24 minutes ago, Valerie said:

In a setting such as this i suppose the introduction of the word African has little relevance. If we knew a number of the people he worked with then the qualification of the word African would indeed be relevant. However the "Moroccan girl" is just derogatory on the one hand and, apparently, factually incorrect on the other.

Clearly there is nothing wrong in using somebody's ethnicity to describe them. Surelu it only becomes an ism when its used in a derogatory manner.

I had a colleague and friend, (fellow shedender) that i worked with called Enoch, who was the only black guy in our IT department. On one occasion i heard another colleague of mine describe him as "Enoch, er, you know,, short guy, laughs a lot". Duh, He's the only black guy in the department.