*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

“He is an important icon of this great club and his status here remains undiminished. He will always be warmly welcomed back at Stamford Bridge.”

I can’t see him being in any hurry to come back. 🙁

12 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Wanting him gone, no.

Shouting your head off on twitter since day one and celebrating he's gone, yes.

Fair enough. I wanted Frank gone really in the last few weeks, it seemed obvious to me the team weren't playing for him anymore and he didn't know what he was doing. I wonder how things would be if we were in the ground. But it seemed like he never quite managed to solve how to build a midfield. I also really started to dislike his press conferences, he became very very defensive, he started to deflect blame onto the players and he seemed to only talk about trying harder. It felt like someone who just was out of his depth.

I'm feeling quite down about it now but hopefully in a years time we look back on this as being a good thing. I even left the forum for a bit because it was affecting me. 

Edited by bisright1
1 minute ago, Pob said:

“He is an important icon of this great club and his status here remains undiminished. He will always be warmly welcomed back at Stamford Bridge.”

I can’t see him being in any hurry to come back. 🙁

This statement is true though, him having a tough month and losing a lot of games simply isn't enough for his legacy to change, he is intact as our legend still.

1 minute ago, ross91690 said:

f**k this club. Why after a win? Why give him the cup game if it was already nailed on? Absolute horse sh*t. 

The timing is what gets me - post Manchester City would have made sense but now? We have a key game in less than two days; who’s going to manage us if Tuchel hasn’t had enough time with the players?

Just now, GYBLUE said:

Imagine what Tammy, Reece, Mason and Billy Gilmour are thinking now as chances are they will be gone and not given the time they need to develop in the squad.

Frank was a work in progress, we all know that but he should have been given to the end of the season at least

James and Mount would be played by every manager who comes in. Abraham has scored 11 this season, he will always be at least a good squad player for us. Billy hasn't been given many chances by Frank.

I don't think they should be worried. 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

This statement is true though, him having a tough month and losing a lot of games simply isn't enough for his legacy to change, he is intact as our legend still.

I agree - I just can’t see him being in a hurry to come back!

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Just when it looked like Gilmour might get a run of games ... can't see that happening with a new bloke coming in. I am sure the brief is that he has to play the expensive signings ...

I don't think it will hurt using the new recruits on a regular basis though, the starting XI was being chopped and changed far to often.

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I think Lampard is basically taking the bullet for poor player recruitment from somebody higher up ... very sad ...

Not buying the fact he had no input. And his supposed signings were Aubameyang & a £60m+ DM c’mon.

2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

James and Mount would be played by every manager who comes in. Abraham has scored 11 this season, he will always be at least a good squad player for us. Billy hasn't been given many chances by Frank.

I don't think they should be worried. 

Well, lets hope you're right mate

Maybe Frank knew from the start he is probably here on project basis and he knew this could come to an end pretty quick. We don't know what is spoken behind closed doors. Sad news naturally but expected. 

I just checked Dortmund's managerial situation and after Klopp it has been even more of a rotating door that ours. Maybe this is the new normal. 

You always hear people talking about Wenger, SAF and other long terms managers being the absolute idea of football managing. Maybe we should think about this in another way. 

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

So that’s all of the hard work by Lampard being undone.

Gilmour will go out on loan now, Mount will be dropped, and I’m not even sure what will happen to Abraham or Hudson Odoi.

James most likely will stay in the starting line up. 

Great work Chelsea board. Incredibly stupid.

Maybe all this is needed to make us win again. 

Just now, coco said:

Ridiculous decision, last season he was tasked the almost impossible and came good, this season he's had 4 months with a new attack, and 3 months with a new defence.

Exactly.  So many new signings brought in was always going to be difficult with no preseason.  

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic