Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

Waking up to the news this morning - disappointing but not surprised.  The Board and Roman have a ruthless history with those that fail and that will never change while Roman own's the club...'failure is not an option'; said it before and I'll say it again, especially after spending 200+ million. We all wanted Frank to succeed but it became painfully obvious he was struggling to get results especially once the other teams began to wake up from their slumber; tactically it has been a mess and his game management has been non existent for the most part due to his inexperience.  The Board took a gamble and lost. I'm sure we all wish Frank the best for the future I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere..maybe Scotland....just a thought as it seems to be working out for his old England team mate.

4 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Nothing was worse than that a team with Nevin, Dixon, Durie, Dorigo etc got relegated because of the most inept manager ever in Hollins. The hangover lasted well into the following season when the terraces were shut and it affected everyone players and fans. 

A very dark day for the club.

At least we rebounded and got promoted straight back to the top flight.

Edited by Jezz

1 minute ago, Sheva said:

Id be shocked if the likes of Mount and James don't get game time. Frank established them as England internationals. 

Tuchel can't be that stupid. The only one I fear for is Tammy because of the competition he has in his place. 

Tammy will be fine long term, once Giroud leaves in the summer it will be him & Werner. Won’t be surprised to see us bring in a DM, having our pants pulled down by West Ham for Rice just didn’t sit right well with me. There are decent ones available at a cheaper price in Europe. 

23 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Tuchel won the German cup and finished 3rd with Dortmund. 3 days later he was sacked.

That says a lot about Tuchel. 

Compared to the manager who never won anything and started his career just 2 years ago? 

I'm not a Tuchel advocate by any means but it's weird why so many people who cling onto Frank go about criticising managers who have actually won silverware and accomplished things. 

4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

So why try and convice a player to come if they are not your choice?

I  get players want to speak to managers before signing but if rumours are true he flew out to meet these guys thats a lot fo effort to sign someone not your choice.

They may not have been his choice but when offered he may of agreed they were a good signing, then went and talked to them. Are you being purposefully obtuse.

1 minute ago, evissy said:

A couple of points. Who is the long term option? Can you point one from the Roman era? Chelsea sacked a the club legend player Frank, he was never a managing legend of any kind. Roman and the board is protecting the investment that is essentially the core of the club. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is how the biggest clubs in the world operate.

Frank's history will never be tainted. This is not about that. He took the job knowing he might be sacked after 6 months in the job. The idea of Frank knowing all this puts me at ease. Of course this hurts but this is how this club is run and in a whole the club is one of the best run clubs in the world. It doesn't feel humane all the time but there you go.

Are we one of the best run clubs in the world?

• We haven't challenged for the title for a few years now
  • With the exception of the last window our recent purchases have all been terrible (Morata, Drinkwater, Bakayako, Emerson)
  • We have recently undergone a transfer ban due to breach of transfer rules
  • We will be moving onto our 4th Manager in the last 4 seasons

We were a well run club however that notion is changing very quickly.

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Well, Chelsea fans might as well give up on ever seeing Academy players progress into first team players now, give up on managerial stability based on patience and an acceptance it takes time to grow a team etc. We are now, and always will be a club based on turmoil. Lets see Tuchels first team he picks but I will be surprised if the likes of Mount, James, Abraham will get much time going forward. 

I'll be very surprised if those 3 players aren't playing, they're good players, Reece James especially. I think you're overreacting there. 

Edited by Slojo

7 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Well let's hope a German can get the most out of our German players...sorry for FL but I have been saying for quite some time he was fit for Chelsea's needs...hope he finds a new job soon...Celtic fans seem keen on him...

If I was him I’d steer well clear of Celtic - the last thing he needs is further comparisons with Gerrard.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Compared to the manager who never won anything and started his career just 2 years ago? 

I'm not a Tuchel advocate by any means but it's weird why so many people who cling onto Frank go about criticising managers who have actually won silverware and accomplished things. 

Lampard is Chelsea and should have been given more time to turn things around. The next few games look winnable and he should have been allowed to turn it around. Tuchel on the other hand will just be another mercenary manager who will only stay here for a couple of years max, if we get lucky. Rinse and repeat.

Frank was our best chance to go long term and I think he really should have been given the season, yesterday was positive and the most optimistic I've felt for weeks, it felt like we were on the brink of turning our fortunes around. Yes he is inexperienced but how else is he going to get experience? We knew that when we hired him so we should have been prepared for an upturn and downturn in form. 

And then the club does this.

9 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Dreadful decision but typical of the easy way approach we've come to expect from the Roman era. 

Back to the boom or bust cycle of hiring and firing managers every 10 months and say goodbye to regular minutes for the academy lads. 

Thanks (once again) for everything Frank. Was fun whilst it lasted. 

If it is Tuchel we are getting, he has a great track record when it comes to youth? No need to make things up.

I think Lampard has instilled into the club that some of the youth players are more than ready to step up to the first team. Add to that that we made some quality signings in the summer, we have a great squad.

5 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Waking up to the news this morning - disappointing but not surprised.  The Board and Roman have a ruthless history with those that fail and that will never change while Roman own's the club...'failure is not an option'; said it before and I'll say it again, especially after spending 200+ million. We all wanted Frank to succeed but it became painfully obvious he was struggling to get results especially once the other teams began to wake up from their slumber; tactically it has been a mess and his game management has been non existent for the most part due to his inexperience.  The Board took a gamble and lost. I'm sure we all wish Frank the best for the future I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere..maybe Scotland....just a thought as it seems to be working out for his old England team mate.

As I said before, though, top four and a trophy is a must now. We sacked Frank for a reason so if we do not recover and achieve our aims then it would be utterly pointless.

There will be a division in the squad that the new manager will have to work with too between those who liked Frank and those who wanted him out but that is usually the case at most clubs in this situation.

Man United had problems and then stuck with Ole and now they are really a strong team.

Arsenal had problems, sacked their manager, got another one and are even worse.

We had problems, didn't have the patience to let Lampard turn things around...what will happen next?

For whatever reason, it's just not in the club's DNA to have a long-term coach and this won't change under Abramovich.

The last time we had a coach who lasted 4+ years in the job was John Neal in the mid-1980s, and Dave Sexton (1967-1974) was the last coach to last 5+ years in the job.

There was a time where I've lost my cool with some of the board's decisions over the years, but I guess I've come to accept that this is the way we operate and my views as a supporter won't change what the board wants to do.

When I've seen events like today happen in previous years, you grow desensitized to the whole process.

It's not a good way of running the club and we're rightly criticized for conducting ourselves in a hollow manner. It's even worse when this happens at the expense of a club legend.