*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

10 minutes ago, coco said:

Come on then negative Nancy, who's your choice for new manager,????? you couldn't wait to get rid of Frank, so at least tell us who you want to replace him with.

Okay postive Christine, look at my recent post I wanted him get the three full years so he has all the time to get it working and I was one of his harshes critics....

But based on whats coming out now that was never going to happen as the broad didnt trust him it seems.

1 minute ago, Brutos said:

Okay postive Christine, look at my recent post I wanted him get the three full years so he has all the time to get it working and I was one of his harshes critics....

But based on whats coming out now that was never going to happen as the broad didnt trust him it seems.

no name then. 

if you backed Lampard i'd really hate to see you go after a manager.

22 minutes ago, Jezz said:

For whatever reason, it's just not in the club's DNA to have a long-term coach and this won't change under Abramovich.

The last time we had a coach who lasted 4+ years in the job was John Neal in the mid-1980s, and Dave Sexton (1967-1974) was the last coach to last 5+ years in the job.

There was a time where I've lost my cool with some of the board's decisions over the years, but I guess I've come to accept that this is the way we operate and my views as a supporter won't change what the board wants to do.

When I've seen events like today happen in previous years, you grow desensitized to the whole process.

It's not a good way of running the club and we're rightly criticized for conducting ourselves in a hollow manner. It's even worse when this happens at the expense of a club legend.

Us old timers have to chill...this is the new era of 'I want it and I want it now'; along with massive sponsorships, TV rights social media etc.  The club has to be at the forefront, on the main stage at all times and to do that you need success and be the team to beat; we were there during the Jose era, we haven't been there for a few years now...Frank is the patsy this time around, in a couple of years in will be someone else unless they start winning trophies.

39 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Compared to the manager who never won anything and started his career just 2 years ago? 

I'm not a Tuchel advocate by any means but it's weird why so many people who cling onto Frank go about criticising managers who have actually won silverware and accomplished things. 

Leave me be, I'm still in mourning and would critisise the best manager in the world ever as an option 😥

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Leave me be, I'm still in mourning and would critisise the best manager in the world ever as an option 😥

I know it's horrible, I'm just surprised why so many people are surprised, the writing was on the wall. I take no joy in it, but I agree with the clubs decision. No matter what, he still did a very good job in his first season, so credit to Frank. 

6 minutes ago, coco said:

no name then. 

I don't understand this topic. 

There's loads of reasons to criticise those who wanted Frank gone. We are too focused on short term success, we have been too reactive to a drop in form. etc. etc. 

But not offering up names to replace him is a weird angle. We've all got a list of names of people we'd be happy to see manage Chelsea. As is evident by the fact everyone has offered a name. Bar Brutos who probably would if you asked him again.

Edited by bisright1

30 minutes ago, enigma said:

Do people really think this hire and fire strategy is still working? We've not been near the league or CL for 4/5 years. I'd much rather Lampard had overseen a project. Then again, maybe the board's idea was hire Lampard for short term.

Maybe some people were right about the club only hiring Lampard due to not having a transfer window. I really don't know. Just fed up with the hire and fire strategy. It hasn't worked for a while.

On top of that our recruitment has been sub par, apart from a small handful of players since Hazard. How much money has been wasted on average players like bakayoko, drinkwater, emerson, alonso, luiz, morata, batshuayi, zappacosta etc. 

Well there is £202M worth out on loan just for starters ....

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I think if you remove the name Frank Lampard, how many would want the current manager to continue in the job?

Goes both ways. 

Replace Frank Lampard with a manager who had shown success in previous jobs and I might have been more patient. 

Replace Frank Lampard with an Italian who never managed or played in the PL, smoked 60 a day and didn't engage with the fans and some people would have been calling for his head months ago. 

Edited by bisright1
1 minute ago, JM7 said:

I think if you remove the name Frank Lampard, how many would want the current manager to continue in the job?

If it was a young up-and-coming manager maybe a few. If it was a supposedly experienced manager I think most would be calling for his head. Does that make sense?

Really sad for Lamps - had been coming.. the players have been underperforming for 10-15 matches .. it was clear to see his tactics werent working ..... but  i think we could have waited for a couple of games though.. i dont understand why sack him now.. till such time we have misfits such as Rudi/Jorgi/Kova/alonso/kepa..  lying around not a chance for us.  

I really hope we dont get thomas tuchel here.. 

27 minutes ago, coco said:

Our terrace voices have been taken away by Covid, but don't let that stop you telling the club what you think of the decision to sack Frank.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/about-chelsea/contact-us?pageTab= Contact Us: By Email

For what it is worth I have just written to them. I appreciated the link because at the very lease it felt therapeutic. We all love our club but sometimes , just sometimes they can really wind you up. At the end of the day CFC will live on far longer than this current board. 

Just now, coco said:

Oh come on don't be naive.

Just a bit convenient. 

The consensus on Frank from rival fans is that he's overrated, that's what I've gathered from browsing other forums. Arsenal Mania, Redcafe etc. 

Especially the last month or so, none of them had anything positive to say about him and wanted him in the job, similar to how we did with Arteta and OGS. 

Long time lurker and sorry for jumping on when a manager has just been sacked. 

There's a lot of bad comparisons and assumptions being made that I just have to give my thoughts.

We shouldn't want a long term manager just for the sake of having one. It should be the right person who has proven himself. Lampard has no past experience to back him up and his football was unremarkable even when we went through winning spells playing against teams that should be a division below us. 

Conte f**ked up for various reasons, Sarri wanted to leave. Now whether you want to take the risk and see if Lampard can get out of this mess is up to you. I would have liked to see him finish the season but it could also mean missing out on top 4. I don't blame the board for sacking him but for hiring him if they had doubts since the beginning. 

Comparing him to Ole and Klopp is ridiculous when they have past experience to back them up. Lampard probably wouldn't have got the job if it wasnt for the transfer ban so it may have been a short term investment since the beginning in the board's eyes. 

There is no right or wrong in this situation. 

Just now, Slojo said:

Just a bit convenient. 

The consensus on Frank from rival fans is that he's overrated, that's what I've gathered from browsing other forums. Arsenal Mania, Redcafe etc. 

Especially the last month or so, none of them had anything positive to say about him and wanted him in the job, similar to how we did with Arteta and OGS. 

And we were right about OGS weren't we ?

2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Replace Frank Lampard with someone with an Italian who smoked 60 a day and didn't engage with the fans and some people would have been calling for his head months ago.

And to the people who are demanding patience now, many of them had little with Sarri. Argo actually exposed a user on here the other day for it, who was calling for Sarri's head in November/December meanwhile calling people who want Lampard replaced after a year 1/2 the "Xbox brigade" and "fickle" whatever else. 

11 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Us old timers have to chill...this is the new era of 'I want it and I want it now'; along with massive sponsorships, TV rights social media etc.  The club has to be at the forefront, on the main stage at all times and to do that you need success and be the team to beat; we were there during the Jose era, we haven't been there for a few years now...Frank is the patsy this time around, in a couple of years in will be someone else unless they start winning trophies.

A sensible and accurate post!

17 minutes ago, coco said:

no name then. 

Like how some fans went after Sarri?

Also why would i give a name if i said i want him to continue and turn it around even though i am critical of him.

Edited by Brutos
  • coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic