*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

Just now, Jezz said:

Top 4 finishes in the past 10 years

• Manchester City (10) = 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Chelsea (7) = 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020
  • Manchester United (6) = 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020
  • Arsenal (6) = 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
  • Liverpool (5) = 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Tottenham Hotspur (5) = 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
  • Leicester City (1) = 2016

Top 4 finishes in the past 5 years

• Manchester City (5) = 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Liverpool (4) = 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Tottenham Hotspur (4) = 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
  • Chelsea (3) = 2017, 2019, 2020
  • Manchester United (2) = 2018, 2020
  • Leicester City (1) = 2016
  • Arsenal (1) = 2016

So my point is true re City and Liverpool. Forget about Spurs, not relevant in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

These three players wouldn't even slightly surprise me tbh

Yes, this rumour is gaining momentum. If there is truth in some senior players going to the board to complain about Frank then this is nothing short of disgusting. Rudiger in particular is rumoured to have stuck the knife in on Frank but it could just be a rumour.

The silence is deafening that certaing players have said nothing on their social media pages about Frank leaving. 

More is said about the silence of players who are quick to post things when they've played a game but nothing about their departing manager. 

Mount, Abraham, James, Gilmore, Dave, Silva, Chilwell all comnig out with words of support is no surprise. 

I'm not blaming players but I'm not niave enough to think that certain, more senior, individuals haven't played their part. 

19 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Me - regardless of who the manager is (except for the fat spanish twat) at the halfway point of the season, having only lost 6 matches all season, 5 points behind Liverpool in fourth, still in the Champions League and with a promising FA Cup schedule, I can see no reason at all to pander to the media, twatter idiots or, frankly, a whole load of glory hunters.

So no, it isn't Lampard specifically, it's the process and the short-sightedness.

And I also notice that we have a large number of brand new members, the majority of whom have signed up in the last couple of days being quite vociferously anti-Lampard, and also a whole load of longer-serving members who haven't posted for ages when we were winning, but have crawled out of the woodwork now we are in a bit of a slump to slate the manager and crow about him getting sacked.  w**kers, all of them.  I have a respect for a lot of our forum members who have been consistent in their view that Frank was not the right man for the job, or was struggling but I detest these buggers who either have signed up to be snide c**ts or have come back now we have a problem to be the same.

You know who you are.

while I totally understand where you're coming from, I do feel the need to nuance this a little bit. 

A lot of posters, including me at times, don't really feel the need to come on and post here when all is well and the team is winning. It makes sense that when the team is struggling people want to voice their opinion on how to get back to winning ways. Obviously there's a difference between people who come on here and voice an opinion in a reasonable way and the c**ts who log on and post snide comments though. 

I for one wasn't really for the Lampard appointment. I thought it came too soon and would most likely end up like it has pretty soon. I do feel the squad is underperforming at the moment and I understand why the board has decided to let Lamps go. There's never any certainty that a manager can turn it around, but with someone who is new to coaching like Lampard, the board probably felt its a risk they couldn't take. And that's exactly why I didn't want the appointment in the first place. He was never going to be judged any differently than any other manager we've had. We don't give managers a chance to turn it around. 

Thankfully Lampard is smart man, he probably wasn't surprised by this, and he'll certainly fight back and hopefully come back some day.  

45 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The silence is deafening that certaing players have said nothing on their social media pages about Frank leaving. 

More is said about the silence of players who are quick to post things when they've played a game but nothing about their departing manager. 

Mount, Abraham, James, Gilmore, Dave, Silva, Chilwell all comnig out with words of support is no surprise. 

I'm not blaming players but I'm not niave enough to think that certain, more senior, individuals haven't played their part. 

Something has happened, you dont go from potential leaders to mid table in 6 weeks, we were all puzzled by our slump.

12 hours ago, coco said:

If we beat Everton we would have been top of the league.

But that wouldn't have fit the narrative that a lot of these people want to promulgate.

9 hours ago, NIKKICFC said:

New here. Been on other forum for the last two years (top3 in terms of likes 😋

Anyway that forum does not work anymore it was a great place. I hope to find something similar here. 

Frank is my all time favourite player but he was a bad coach and this week could not started better with him being sacked. Frank as a player has zero influence on me in the way I see him as a manager. 

I am really surprised and disappointed with Chelsea fans reaction today. 

What happened to us? When we did become like this? Accepting mediocrity? We laughed at Arsenal for finished 4th place always and now we are mid table after best transfer window in the history of football and majority want to continue with Frank? 

And there you go - hysterical exaggeration.  Wasn't even the best transfer window last year. But it's no surprise new Chelsea "fans" come crawling out of the woodwork, and some old Chelsea "fans" feel the need to start posting again when we are having difficulties.

They all say "Frank is my favourite, BUT.........."

We all know what that is very similar to.

50 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I would be very surprised if Jorginho and Alonso caused trouble for Lampard.

I’d be surprised if Jorginho complained, he doesn’t come across as that kind of person.

Rudiger and Alonso, I wouldn’t put it past them. They’ve barely played, while Jorginho played a few games under Frank.

I think overall, Frank can be really proud of his time here as manager. 

- Led us to top 4 finish (which is an incredible achievement given the state of the squad)

- Established a number of young players as first team players 

- Develop younger Players 

- Reengaged the fan base after the disappointing Conte (2nd season) and Sarri era

Its a shame of his tenure was played behind closed doors. 

I feel two ways about this 

I’ll be honest I’m excited to see what Tuchel can do and excited to see our squad perform to it’s best. 

I on the other hand am fuming that it seems certain players have stopped us seeing the best of our squad with lamps managing. 

so who hasn’t wished him well and basically proven they was against him ? 

Kepa, Werner, Rudiger, Jorginho, Havertz, Kante, Kovacic, and Alonso oh and that tramp Drinkwater. All deafening with there silence. 

54 minutes ago, coco said:

Something has happened, you dont go from potential leaders to mid table in 6 weeks, we were all puzzled by our slump.

I am not sure I am that surprised, our schedule was pretty easy early in the season, once we start playing quality team, we started dropping point very quickly. 

42 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Maybe that's why Lampard stopped playing him and has been relying on Emerson exclusively as the backup option...

Nah Lamp didn't rate Alonso at all, Lamp is the only manager out of conte and Sarri that pick emerson over Alonso. 

3 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Nah Lamp didn't rate Alonso at all, Lamp is the only manager out of conte and Sarri that pick emerson over Alonso. 

Sarri even went with Emerson towards the end of his tenure here. 

Conte was very vocal too about wanting an upgrade on Alonso with Alex Sandro (Sorry for bringing him up @TomCFC85, i know its still a sore subject).

Edited by RIP Mourinho
3 hours ago, cfcforeverfan said:

depends what you expect from Chelsea...

if you want us to go back to those elite days where we challenge titles and Champions League, then he isnt a starter for us

if you want to scrap top 4 then ofc he is ok

Not sure that is true. If we want to get back to winning title, tammy is least my concern. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sarri even went with Emerson towards the end of his tenure here. 

Conte was very vocal too about wanting an upgrade on Alonso with Alex Sandro.

At the end Alonso struggled, hence emerson played. Not surprise Alonso is not a lb, but honestly it is not even close between alonso than Emerson. 

Of course Conte wanted alex Sandro, before he got emerson, you need different wb than alonso. It was similar to moses, he was very good as wb for us yet Conte wanted ox. 

From Sky Sports:

"As far as he was concerned, he would've liked to have been given more time, and he still has a lot of belief in his own abilities and he felt he could turn the situation around. He was told in the summer that finishing in the top four wouldn't be good enough.

"He was told that Chelsea needed to bridge the gap to Liverpool and Manchester City and be in a position to challenge for the title. That just hasn't materialised and the club feel that Tuchel will get more out of these players than he could.

43 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Maybe there is a reason why he didn't rate him, that's why I think it's viable to think that maybe Alonso caused some problems for Lampard.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I’d be surprised if Jorginho complained, he doesn’t come across as that kind of person.

Rudiger and Alonso, I wouldn’t put it past them. They’ve barely played, while Jorginho played a few games under Frank.

• coco unpinned this topic