Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

Frank Lampard left #Chelsea with a strained relationship with former team-mate Petr Cech. 

[via @SamWallaceTel]

Frank Lampard was not the #Chelsea manager Marina Granovskaia truly wanted in the summer of 2019, and had there been more experienced options, then he would never have got the job.

[via @SamWallaceTel]

Ben Chilwell, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech were Frank Lampard’s picks.

[via @SamWallaceTel]

Frank Lampard had not spoken to Roman Abramovich for the duration of his 18 months as #Chelsea manager.

[via @SamWallaceTel]

Edited by JM7

Super cringe to constantly bring up the players that Lampard "wanted or didn't want to sign".

Makes a very weak argument, he wanted Chilwell only and not T.Silva and Mendy, he was unhappy with them? Give me a break, I prefer to give credit to Lampard for improving the squad very significantly than to go with this silly gossip...

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Super cringe to constantly bring up the players that Lampard "wanted or didn't want to sign".

Makes a very weak argument, he wanted Chilwell only and not T.Silva and Mendy, he was unhappy with them? Give me a break, I prefer to give credit to Lampard for improving the squad very significantly than to go with this silly gossip...

You not got the memo all these years? The moment a players form drops they become a board signing.

Edited by Argo

Wish Frank all the best if he takes it, just a matter of if he will or not though after leaving such a big job here. 

I'm hoping his experience here benefits him in the future, that it's not a make or break like it was with AVB for example. The job wasn't too early for him. I think he'll press on with it and take the experience with him. I think what benefits the likes of Lamps is being a former player and legend, ex players especially in lower leagues will look up to you. Bournemouth imo is a good move for him, but he might want to try and get a Premier League move instead. 

He should stick to the English leagues though for now. 

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Wish Frank all the best if he takes it, just a matter of if he will or not though after leaving such a big job here. 

I'm hoping his experience here benefits him in the future, that it's not a make or break like it was with AVB for example. The job wasn't too early for him. I think he'll press on with it and take the experience with him. I think what benefits the likes of Lamps is being a former player and legend, ex players especially in lower leagues will look up to you. Bournemouth imo is a good move for him, but he might want to try and get a Premier League move instead. 

He should stick to the English leagues though for now. 

I think a good move for him may be a top team in the lesser league in another country. It seemed to be the rising pressure and expectations where it started to go a bit wrong for Frank here and somewhere where there's the pressure to win could be good for his managerial evolution.

Maybe Celtic or a job in the Belgium league will suit, succeed there then that could lead to somewhere like Benfica and if that goes well he's all of a sudden got the type of CV that gets him noticed by big/biggish clubs and he's well on this way.

Unless family reasons get in the way he shouldn't keep himself closed to English league's, if he does he'll find it harder to make his way back here/another big job in the future.

Edited by Argo

Just now, Argo said:

I think a good move for him may be a top team in the lesser league. It seemed to be the rising pressure and expectations where it started to go a bit wrong for Frank and somewhere where there's the pressure to win could be good for his managerial evolution.

Maybe Celtic or a job in the Belgium league will suit, succeed there then that could lead to somewhere like Benfica and if that goes well he's all of a sudden got the type of CV that gets him noticed by big clubs.

Unless family reasons get in the way he shouldn't keep himself closed to English league's, if he does he'll find it harder to make his way back here/another big job in the future.

I think Neville missed a trick going to Valencia in a league where players have no respect for him. 

Former club legends and big names like that can go to any lower league team in England and the players will have respect for you. Not to say that will give you instant success, but they will have a lot of respect for you and will be dying to ask you questions. I think that's the right move for Lampard to go back to the Championship and get a team promoted, he almost did it with Derby. 

Just now, Slojo said:

I think Neville missed a trick going to Valencia in a league where players have no respect for him. 

Former club legends and big names like that can go to any lower league team in England and the players will have respect for you. Not to say that will give you instant success, but they will have a lot of respect for you and will be dying to ask you questions. I think that's the right move for Lampard to go back to the Championship and get a team promoted, he almost did it with Derby. 

Neville problem more the likes of Valverde and Simeone toying with him tactically as opposed to players.

The problem is with the English route is it won't get him back to a top job which I'm assuming is what he wants eventually. The failures of Roy and Moyes at Liverpool and United respectively has cut off the route from midtable/European challenging clubs to getting a big job so if he wants to ultimately end up back here/at the top he's going to have to cut his teeth abroad at some point.

Bournemouth under the watchful eye of his prat of an uncle would just feel like such a cop out, in my opinion if he's not careful he could end up stuck in the cycle of managing middling teams with no real chance at career jump.

Gerrard's decision to go to Rangers was a masterstroke, has the pressure to win in a lesser environment which will give him invaluable experience for when the times comes he takes the Liverpool job.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

Neville problem more the likes of Valverde and Simeone toying with him tactically as opposed to players.

The problem is with the English route is it won't get him back to a top job which I'm assuming is what he wants eventually. The failures of Roy and Moyes at Liverpool and United respectively has cut off the route from midtable/European challenging clubs to getting a big job so if he wants to ultimately end up back here/at the top he's going to have to cut his teeth abroad at some point.

Bournemouth under the watchful eye of his prat of an uncle would just feel like such a cop out, in my opinion if he's not careful he could end up stuck in the cycle of managing middling teams with no real chance at career jump.

Gerrard's decision to go to Rangers was a masterstroke, has the pressure to win in a lesser environment which will give him invaluable experience for when the times comes he takes the Liverpool job.

Don't understimate the time Lampard has, he's still very young in the game. Who's to say he has to be back managing a top club in the next 10 years? He could have 30-40 years left of managing still. 

I don't think it would be a failture for him to back to the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Don't understimate the time Lampard has, he's still very young in the game. Who's to say he has to be back managing a top club in the next 10 years? He could have 30-40 years left of managing still. 

I don't think it would be a failture for him to back to the Championship. 

It won't be a failure in itself but like I said Moyes and Roy have cut off the route to top clubs via overachieving at lesser clubs, no matter what he does at a Bournemouth or West Ham there will be question marks of whether he can adapt to an expectation to win things.

If he shows even in a lesser league that he can deal with those expectations and deliver that will put him in a much better position. Not to mention, he'll learn a hell of a lot managing within different league's and cultures and would further improve his skillset.

On 31/01/2021 at 13:01, dkw said:

Between the man who's been managing for 15 years and the one who managed for 2 and a half? Of course there is, it was to be expected. 

So why give him the job? Isn’t that almost setting him up to fail at this level?  

My view on managers is that generally speaking, they fade out the longer they are in the game. Yes they need some experience but too long, they become stale and lose their edge. You want managers when they are in their peak. 

Edited by JM7

30 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yes, pretty much. I have no understanding why anyone would sign an inexperienced manager, then sack him a the first sign of trouble.

Well because they are cheap and easy to get rid of

If Lampard was a success then it would be a master stroke. If he wasn't then short term there was a boost to the fan base, we'd get through the transfer window and you could rely on him to bring through the youth.

He wasn't a success so it was easy and cheap to get rid of him.

On 05/02/2021 at 03:58, bisright1 said:

Well because they are cheap and easy to get rid of

If Lampard was a success then it would be a master stroke. If he wasn't then short term there was a boost to the fan base, we'd get through the transfer window and you could rely on him to bring through the youth.

He wasn't a success so it was easy and cheap to get rid of him.

Another way of saying he was used as a shiny new toy for the fans and only appealing because easily disposable not because of his managerial abilities? 

Doesn't say much about the sentiment of the leadership does it..