Jump to content

*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard


Sack or Back ???  

113 members have voted

  1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

    • Sack now.
      34
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.
      79


Recommended Posts

On 05/02/2021 at 03:58, bisright1 said:

Well because they are cheap and easy to get rid of

If Lampard was a success then it would be a master stroke. If he wasn't then short term there was a boost to the fan base, we'd get through the transfer window and you could rely on him to bring through the youth.

He wasn't a success so it was easy and cheap to get rid of him.

Also I should ask would the fact it would be hard to attract a top manager having lost our star player and had no transfer window to bring in a replacement have been the real reason he was considered? 
 

Once the club actually spent money he barely even got half a season with them. 
 

He was used and chewed up and I think if it wasn’t for his romance towards the club and owner he would have seen it for what it was. 
 

He probably has now and I think I Jodies Instagram bio mentioned above reflects the mood and realisation of the coaching staff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • coco unpinned this topic

38 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Also I should ask would the fact it would be hard to attract a top manager having lost our star player and had no transfer window to bring in a replacement have been the real reason he was considered? 

Once the club actually spent money he barely even got half a season with them. 

He was used and chewed up and I think if it wasn’t for his romance towards the club and owner he would have seen it for what it was. 

He probably has now and I think I Jodies Instagram bio mentioned above reflects the mood and realisation of the coaching staff. 

In terms of the pure romance side of it replacing him (as a player) with Gooner legend Cesc Fabregas was 100x worse than replacing him as a manager, so why wasn't there similar energy then? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not entirely sure Frank specifically wanted them. As the manager you have to convince the player you want them but it seems to me Werner and Havertz were both club buys.

Investments in the long term to ensure our brand stays attractive to potential managers, sponsors and ofc to keep us competitive in the coming years.  Ziyech I think was a mix of the club and Frank after the ucl game last season he was a must buy

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFL82 said:

Another way of saying he was used as a shiny new toy for the fans and only appealing because easily disposable not because of his managerial abilities? 
 

Doesn't say much about the sentiment of the leadership does it..

Maybe not. But our board doesn't (and probably shouldn't) have time for sentiment. 

As I've said repeatedly. This experience has been good for frank, chelsea and the players. The only ones who are hurt by it are some fans. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'm not entirely sure Frank specifically wanted them. As the manager you have to convince the player you want them but it seems to me Werner and Havertz were both club buys.

Investments in the long term to ensure our brand stays attractive to potential managers, sponsors and ofc to keep us competitive in the coming years.  Ziyech I think was a mix of the club and Frank after the ucl game last season he was a must buy

We were very quick to pretend every bad transfer decision under Conte was the board and every good one was Conte. Let's not do the same with Lampard. Although personally I think both Werner and Havertz are better fits for the team that Lampard and Tuchel will want to play so if Lampard was the one pushing for Ziyech (he wasn't) then he made a mistake there

Lampard was the manager, he's not responsible for buying players, nor should he be. Neither should Tuchel. Lampard should be accountable for attracting players to the club and he did a good job of that with Werner when he flew out to meet him with Cech. But he shouldn't be the person making decisions about who to sign. 

Edited by bisright1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we win tomorrow and the dippers lose we will be1 point behind the dippers, 4 points off Utd and top 4 looking a lot more likely 

all that with a set of results I think Frank could have got, maybe even better, I think he would have beaten Wolves 

the point I  making it is it was daft to sack Frank, I have to be honest though I am not at the moment disappointed with his replacement 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andy said:

If we win tomorrow and the dippers lose we will be1 point behind the dippers, 4 points off Utd and top 4 looking a lot more likely 

all that with a set of results I think Frank could have got, maybe even better, I think he would have beaten Wolves 

the point I  making it is it was daft to sack Frank, I have to be honest though I am not at the moment disappointed with his replacement 

I don't agree. This is Tuchels doing. With how sh*te we were playing, I didn't have any confidence we were going to not lose our last 3 games under Frank. Still early days mind and Tuchel has a lot to do, and you always have to keep in mind honeymoon periods, but either way I think the season is salvagable and in the end this will look like a good decision by the board. 

Otherwise I think that 4th spot would've been up for grabs with Everton/Leciester/Spurs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, andy said:

If we win tomorrow and the dippers lose we will be1 point behind the dippers, 4 points off Utd and top 4 looking a lot more likely 

all that with a set of results I think Frank could have got, maybe even better, I think he would have beaten Wolves 

the point I  making it is it was daft to sack Frank, I have to be honest though I am not at the moment disappointed with his replacement 

I think we'd have lost to wolves, drawn to burnley and drawn to tottenham. We were looking hopeless and Frank didn't seem to have any ideas about what to change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I don't agree. This is Tuchels doing. With how sh*te we were playing, I didn't have any confidence we were going to not lose our last 3 games under Frank. Still early days mind and Tuchel has a lot to do, and you always have to keep in mind honeymoon periods, but either way I think the season is salvagable and in the end this will look like a good decision by the board. 

Otherwise I think that 4th spot would've been up for grabs with Everton/Leciester/Spurs. 

Completely agree.  As noted above, my concern is also that new manager bump that we are clearly benefitting from.  Haven't seen Chelsea players try this hard for some time.  I'm not taking anything away from Tuchel's part in that, plus tactically, he is an upgrade.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, PhilH930 said:

Completely agree.  As noted above, my concern is also that new manager bump that we are clearly benefitting from.  Haven't seen Chelsea players try this hard for some time.  I'm not taking anything away from Tuchel's part in that, plus tactically, he is an upgrade.  

New manager bump for sure, particularly the guys who were frozen out playing again.

Although I'm unsure why Frank didn't revert to the 3 at the back like we did last season when in trouble. 

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks when teams start matching the 3-4-3 again and what answers Tuchel has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

 

New manager bump for sure, particularly the guys who were frozen out playing again.

Although I'm unsure why Frank didn't revert to the 3 at the back like we did last season when in trouble. 

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks when teams start matching the 3-4-3 again and what answers Tuchel has.

We look better drilled and organized though. The 3 at the back definitely helps, but to see Callum Hudson Odoi tracking back, even when he was on the wing was just really impressive to see. Players look to be covering for each other much better and as a unit we look better defensively. 

But again, I have to keep stating, only 3 games. But I do think Tuchel deserves credit. I don't think anyone could've just walked into this team and got them playing well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what we do with manager,  for the most part they start off as a breath of fresh air and excitement builds. The players buy in to the methods. Then after a season, 18 months, 2 years etc the players stop drinking from that managers koolaid and stop trying, the manager becomes useless and some of, in Frank's and Jose's cases, and the majority of the fan base in others turn on them and want a replacement.

Has put trophies in the cabinet but the same thing will happen with Tuchel, and his successor, and his successor, and his successor etc etc. It is Roman's chelsea way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Has put trophies in the cabinet but the same thing will happen with Tuchel, and his successor, and his successor, and his successor etc etc. It is Roman's chelsea way.

And if that happens then that happens, rather that than the false stability of an OGS/Arteta/post 06 Wenger any day.

Also in what world did the majority turn against Frank and Jose? If it was up to the fans the latter would still be here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argo said:

And if that happens then that happens, rather that than the false stability of an OGS/Arteta/post 06 Wenger any day.

Also in what world did the majority turn against Frank and Jose? If it was up to the fans the latter would still be here. 

That is what I was saying, some turned on Frank and Jose, whereas a majority turned on Sarri, Conte etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, andy said:

Well yes it is all speculation but you get the point surely ? 

Well not really. I'm basing my prediction off form. Off the fact that we looked like we'd have lost to Fulham if they didn't get someone sent off. 

You are basing your prediction off how a new manager bounce and saying that because our results have improved under a new manager we shouldn't have sacked Lampard. 

Not really sure how you conclude that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple of days gone, but a year ago we also enjoyed a fantastic game against the dippers, this time at the Bridge and the FA Cup, and Gilmour was the brightest player on the pitch. It was a night to remember, loved Barkley's goal from the MHU.

 

Edited by RMH
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argo said:

On Thursday Dalglish was in the stands at Anfield watching Liverpool despite being sacked as manager.

Hopefully once the dust settles Lampard does the same here, especially once crowds return.

It's been some time since Dalglish was manager and think it will be some time before Frank comes back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

It's been some time since Dalglish was manager and think it will be some time before Frank comes back.

He went back relitevely soon IIRC.

I defiently recall him in the crowd for the Gerrard slip game which was a mere two years later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Argo said:

On Thursday Dalglish was in the stands at Anfield watching Liverpool despite being sacked as manager.

Hopefully once the dust settles Lampard does the same here, especially once crowds return.

I know he wasn’t a manager but after Ray Wilkins was sack I was very surprised to bump in to him outside The Bridge at the very next home game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2021 at 16:48, Munkworth said:

I know he wasn’t a manager but after Ray Wilkins was sack I was very surprised to bump in to him outside The Bridge at the very next home game. 

I was next to him in the Shed queue and told him I thought he was a club legend, why the f**k was he having to queue and he said something along the lines of if the fans have to, so do I.

Classy man and a nice bloke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!