*Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

9 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Impossible to tell because it is 6 games after he got sacked. 

Maybe Lamp would turn our form around and we are flying high and beat Atletico 3-0,3-0. 

Maybe - but is that what you think would have happened?

59 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yeah, some look like they are ready to draw the knife out again on Lampard at any point in time when things go well....

Or just looking to see if the forum members on here assess that the decision the board took has been justified by recent results. 

Most of us were hurt and upset by the sacking, but from my own opinion (which is all any of us can give), we would not be where we are now if we had stuck by lamps. 

that's not knives out - it is simply opinion on recent results

7 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Or just looking to see if the forum members on here assess that the decision the board took has been justified by recent results. 

Most of us were hurt and upset by the sacking, but from my own opinion (which is all any of us can give), we would not be where we are now if we had stuck by lamps. 

that's not knives out - it is simply opinion on recent results

Fair enough. If you want to know my opinion, I think we could have gone through Atlético but maybe not with the command that we had in both games. Atleti went to get a draw in the first game, their game plan was to defend and we would not have struggled in that match. We also got a lucky goal. That changed Atletico's game plan for yesterday's match, they had to come out and play. That's where Lampard did not struggle, we could get results against teams that did not sit deep. So I think we could have gone through. 

And I think we would have stuffed LEEDS.

Overall I am happy with the work Tuchel is doing, great that the man that took charge of the team is getting results (although some borefests have been served too), and he's someone I like as a person. He's got more experience than Lampard, and that shows, true. But we hired Lampard knowing all this and the board should have shown more patience to let him build something special at Chelsea, his Club. He may not become a great coach but if he does, he will not do it in this Club, and that is sad. Many on here said at the time that they would like Lampard even if we did not get into CL, that did not last much, did it?

15 minutes ago, RMH said:

Fair enough. If you want to know my opinion, I think we could have gone through Atlético but maybe not with the command that we had in both games. Atleti went to get a draw in the first game, their game plan was to defend and we would not have struggled in that match. We also got a lucky goal. That changed Atletico's game plan for yesterday's match, they had to come out and play. That's where Lampard did not struggle, we could get results against teams that did not sit deep. So I think we could have gone through. 

And I think we would have stuffed LEEDS.

Overall I am happy with the work Tuchel is doing, great that the man that took charge of the team is getting results (although some borefests have been served too), and he's someone I like as a person. He's got more experience than Lampard, and that shows, true. But we hired Lampard knowing all this and the board should have shown more patience to let him build something special at Chelsea, his Club. He may not become a great coach but if he does, he will not do it in this Club, and that is sad. Many on here said at the time that they would like Lampard even if we did not get into CL, that did not last much, did it?

This season when Lamps started to struggle, we were already struggling to score and create. It wasn't as if Tuchel has come and sacrificed attacking. He's improved the backline whilst our chance creation is stil near enough as bad as it was under Frank. We had plenty of games this season under Frank where we went so long without creating and scoring.

I still think Frank getting top 4 was a HUGE achievement given the state of the squad. It’s disappointing that the board didn’t think it was.  The fact that it was in a semi decent place was down to Frank integrating the youth. Without it, we would have really struggled. Its a shame that Frank lacked the experience to take the squad to the next level. 

Edited by JM7

You can bet your life Lamps is still brooding, licking his wounds and wondering how it all went wrong.

Naivety, inexperience, bit of stubbornness - sure he'll still be mulling it over and thinking about what he could have done differently and what he would do if he could turn back the clock. He must be as surprised as anyone just how TT has turned things around and looking at some of the players and scratching his head.

All part of the learning experience and being the perfectionist he is, I am sure he will come back stronger. Be interesting to see what job he takes next after a well-earned rest. Could see it being someone like Newcastle or Palace.

Edited by Nibs
41 minutes ago, Nibs said:

You can bet your life Lamps is still brooding, licking his wounds and wondering how it all went wrong.

Naivety, inexperience, bit of stubbornness - sure he'll still be mulling it over and thinking about what he could have done differently and what he would do if he could turn back the clock. He must be as surprised as anyone just how TT has turned things around and looking at some of the players and scratching his head.

All part of the learning experience and being the perfectionist he is, I am sure he will come back stronger. Be interesting to see what job he takes next after a well-earned rest. Could see it being someone like Newcastle or Palace.

Frank had any sense he should stay well clear of Newcastle. The worst job you could get.

• 4 weeks later...

LAMPARD first interview since the sack...

"No matter how good you think you are or whatever circumstances you are in, [being sacked] can happen," Lampard said.

"It gives you a sense of perspective of what's important. It came at a time where we were due a young son and it has given me a lot more time to be home so you count your blessings on that front.

"It has been great to be around the family. I have had some opportunities that have come up in the last six weeks to two months that have been flattering and nice but it wasn't the right thing. It has certainly been nice to step out having been managing two and a half years full pelt.

"With the family situation, the opportunities were not quite right. I think about it and it would be something I am keen to do at the right time and the right place. As much as I am resting and recuperating away from the game, I am keeping an eye on it.

"I am looking forward to things that may come. I am watching football and trying to learn and get better. In this game, you never stop learning so I will try and find the right time and opportunity, if it comes and I am very keen to get working again."

In addition, he went on to admit that he tried to sign Rice, who has been nominated for London Footballer of the Year: "Now you see him in the England squad and quickly you don't see an England team without Declan in it.

"We are fortunate to have him in England, West Ham are fortunate to have him. He's a leader and it is clear that he's destined for great things. I have probably given it away with how I spoke about him but I think it's common knowledge that I was a big fan of his.

"It didn't happen for various reasons, but we brought in a lot of players in the summer. But I was a big fan of him. For understandable reasons, West Ham know the player that they have on their hands.

"I don't want Declan to be in an uncomfortable position through this because all I see from him is absolute performance and desire to play for West Ham. They gave him the chance there and the choice will be Declan's as the years go ahead, but his performances are great to watch."

The 22-year-old wore the captain's armband for the first time as the Blues beat Luton Town 3-1 in the fourth round of the FA Cup in what turned out to be Lampard's final match in charge.

Lampard, who was sacked days later and replaced by Thomas Tuchel, says the England international deserved to be trusted to lead the team and challenged him to "rise up" to the role.

"A nice feeling when I left Chelsea in my last game was that I made Mason captain," the Chelsea icon said at a Q&A at the Willow Foundation ahead of the London Football Awards.

"It wasn't a gesture because I didn't know I was leaving! But it was about his authority and standing in the group that had risen. He needed to see that and understand that. He needs to rise up.

"The minute I gave him the armband, I saw the look on his face and what it meant to him. That's something you get when you bring through academy players and fans love it. They have been fighting with desire since they were eight years old. That's tangible and something that's important.

"You won't always see it at 20 because they might have dips in confidence or moments in games that come. But when you have players who have that care, then it doesn't matter who the manager is. The desire they have themselves will carry though because they work so hard.

"When I left Chelsea, and this is no disrespect to the manager who has come in, but I would have put my house that they would think, 'Wow Mason Mount trains every day like a champion. He works off the ball and sets the press, has great quality, is improving all the time and now he is adding goals to his game."

"That's the end of Mason Mount but as you can see, I like him a lot! I probably said enough about him because people used to say he was my son, but I'll be quiet there."

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

• 1 month later...

https://talksport.com/football/880031/frank-lampard-crystal-palace-roy-hodgson-chelsea-premier-league/

I know its talksport and they are only good for listening to the idiot phone ins but what does everyone think if this happens?

I think he wants to get back into managing but wanted to stay around London so was waiting for something like this to come up.

Perfect fit for franky if you ask me