Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Still no news, frank or not? Jeez we do f**k around.

To be fair, what’s the rush? 

Not like the new manager needs to work on transfer strategy or anything with the club.

As long as they’re in place ready for pre-season then it’s all hunky dory.

48 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

To be fair, what’s the rush? 

Not like the new manager needs to work on transfer strategy or anything with the club.

As long as they’re in place ready for pre-season then it’s all hunky dory.

Public announcement don't really mean we aren't sorting things for a new manager, I'm sued there's plenty going on already if the decision to make lampard the new gaffer has been made. 

Frank Lampard in talks with Chelsea, says Didier Drogba

Didier Drogba has appeared to confirm Frank Lampard is "in talks" with Chelsea to become their new manager in an Instagram live video.

Derby insist there has been no approach for their boss Lampard, but Chelsea are expected to come in for their club-record scorer after Maurizio Sarri's move to Juventus was finalised last week.

Former Blues striker Drogba, who was pictured with Lampard in London earlier this month, has claimed - in a live video shared to his 7.7m followers - that negotiations are, in fact, underway.

Asked who will be the best Chelsea manager, he said: "The one who is in talks now to get the job - Frank Lampard."

When pressed on the timing of Lampard's announcement, he added: "Relax! Relax!"

Former Derby captain and club ambassador, Michael Johnson, has asked Chelsea to be respectful in their pursuit of Lampard.

skysports-frank-lampard-derby_4649853.jp

He said: "There has been no direct contact made by Chelsea, but you can't get away from the noises and it's probably going to be more 'when' than 'if'.

"From our side, from Derby's side, we want that little bit of respect from Chelsea's regard.

"If you're going to make the approach, just make the approach; be open and transparent about it."

Lampard, should he be named Chelsea boss, will have to fill the void of the departing Eden Hazard, who completed his £130m move to Real Madrid earlier this month.

Drogba believes the Blues will have a hard time coping after the Belgium international's exit.

0:5

Lampard is back to 1/20 odds on Skybet ... with Enrique second at 8/1 (highly unlikely, seeing as he left the Spain job for serious family emergency reasons), and Jose is 3rd at 16/1. FSW has now drifted out to 25s ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

6 hours ago, Valerie said:

Lampard may not even want the job if and when it's offered.

There’s no guarantees this job will ever come up for him again, it’s near incomprehensible to think frank would say no no I need more experience, not for me.

If the club he loves one of the biggest in the world make the approach there isn’t a slim chance he would turn it down. 

56 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

Still think Lampard is better option than Mourinho ?

Without even that smilie in the end that is the case. If everything goes to hell we will sack Frank in the Christmas being 10th and find Guus somewhere to reel us to 7th. That is the worst case I think. 

If everything goes nicely we will love Frank even more and we finish inside top 4 and make some good runs in cups. Then the following summer we can sign new players. 

Maybe the club is taking its time appointing Frank as they maybe have reservations on his experience, the longer it takes and with an experienced tubby spanish manager rumoured to be available come next weekend, and knowing our board, we may still see the FSW waddling into Cobham come pre season training in a week or so. 

30 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Maybe the club is taking its time appointing Frank as they maybe have reservations on his experience, the longer it takes and with an experienced tubby spanish manager rumoured to be available come next weekend, and knowing our board, we may still see the FSW waddling into Cobham come pre season training in a week or so. 

Thinking about it more, i think Lampard is a done deal in regards to him and the club.  And i think once he gets back from St. Tropez, and is in the UK, it'll become more formal and Derby will get their pay off

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Thinking about it more, i think Lampard is a done deal in regards to him and the club.  And i think once he gets back from St. Tropez, and is in the UK, it'll become more formal and Derby will get their pay off

I agree and think the delay has been him celebrating his 40th.