Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

I suspect it's a done deal and that Derby are trying to negotiate a good severance package while trying to find a replacement. I thought JT might fancy the position but he has apparently signed a new deal with Villa. He will get a good reception upon his return.

There's no getting away from the fact that Chelsea are a "sacking club",but Frank knows this as much as anyone. There will be times next season, as there are in almost every season, when questions will be asked about how well the team are being set up, coached and prepared. There will be challenges at away and home matches. The very first match will be a huge test of character but the reality is we just don't know how things will turn out and there's getting away from the fact that signing Frank as manager is a big risk. Bigger than any managerial appointment I can remember since maybe Avram Grant or AVB.

I'm going to take a positive view of Franks return. I think all Chelsea fans will. His presence alone will give the whole club a lift but this lift shouldn't be the only benefit. I totally agree with the poster above who quite rightly points out that this appointment, along with that of Jody and Petr Cech clearly adds to the clubs identity. This is a new approach constructed from the building blocks first laid down by Roman Abramovich 15 years ago. This really does unify and hopefully the current set of players buy into this new approach. Rumours of player power at Stamford Bridge have always existed but now we have a player in charge. Maybe this player can stop the tail wagging the dog. If it ever did.

I'm hoping the board and the fans will cut Frank a bit more slack than is usually the case. He is taking on a realyy big club in a really difficult situation. Despite coming in on the back of a good season he will not be able to make his big signings and will have to make do and mend. He will need to replace Eden but won't be able to until next season. The board are asking a young inexperienced manager to come in and fill a position that is even harder than usual so they need to give him a bit more time because of this. Even if we finish mid table we need to give him the chance to spend big the following season. Surely the board will cut Frank a bit more slack under these circumstances. It's a real chance for them to grow something organically that might just last. You never know, the ride might create a new mood among the fans and we can chase off the detractors who accuse us of buying success.

The first thing the club should do is let now to the ballerinas (David Luiz, Willian, Pedro and others) that they can't change the manager and the club is not a toy, so Lampard can have the power that he should have in the first place

2 hours ago, b.sinisa said:

well will wait the 48 hours to see how good is the source in talksport then

They're just guessing. I'm surprised people keep falling for this click-bate nonsense. Throw enough sh*t at the wall and some of it will stick. Everyone knows we're probably going to get Lampard anyway and there's a good probability it will happen in the next couple of days.

3 hours ago, bluedave said:

They're just guessing. I'm surprised people keep falling for this click-bate nonsense. Throw enough sh*t at the wall and some of it will stick. Everyone knows we're probably going to get Lampard anyway and there's a good probability it will happen in the next couple of days.

Well, if you keep saying "in the next 48 hours", or "this week", you're going to be correct at some point...….

It's not like it's breaking news anymore.

Edited by Boston Blue

• 2 weeks later...