Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Wind it back to August a majority of people were saying we are finishing 10th, even all the top pundits were saying our top 6 contention is doubtful, so for us to be 4th place by March is definitely overachieving. We've been riddled with injuries and we've had to give inexperienced youth players with Championship experience a go at it and they've done really well. You can't deny Frank has overachieved, perspective is very important here, think bigger than just "well it's bad by Chelsea standards" the standards have clearly changed. Did you really expect us to be top 4 before the season kicked off? Answer honestly. 

I didn' t expect us to be fourth at this point, but that's because I didn't expect Arsenal, United or Tottenham to be this bad. 

48 minutes ago, mm24 said:

.If you take that month out of the equation,we're averaging one win per month lol .

And if you take out the month of December we'd be comfortably 4th, if buts and maybe's work both ways.

50 minutes ago, mm24 said:

Well,most of you guys kinda did by saying all these "he's overachieving stuff".

Well given almost everyone swore blind they would be happy with top half aslong as youth were playing, by the average fan metric he's very much overachieving.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Well given almost everyone swore blind they would be happy with top half aslong as youth were playing, by the average fan metric he's very much overachieving.

I'm happy that he gave youth a chance. Hopefully next year they will be even better. 

I didn't expect much before the start of the season mostly because I thought that Arsenal, United and Tottenham are going to be better than they turned out to be. 

Will it be a bit of a failure to not capitalize on all of their bad seasons? Yes it will considering we had a nice gap at some point in mid December and even early January if i recall. 

19 minutes ago, mm24 said:

I'm happy that he gave youth a chance. Hopefully next year they will be even better. 

I didn't expect much before the start of the season mostly because I thought that Arsenal, United and Tottenham are going to be better than they turned out to be. 

Will it be a bit of a failure to not capitalize on all of their bad seasons? Yes it will considering we had a nice gap at some point in mid December and even early January if i recall. 

but that's the thing....thus far we are capitalizing on their bad season.....correct me if I'm wrong, but we are currently ahead of all those clubs on the league table, no?

That's despite having a weakened squad from last year and having a ton of injuries to some of our best performers.

8 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

but that's the thing....thus far we are capitalizing on their bad season.....correct me if I'm wrong, but we are currently ahead of all those clubs on the league table, no?

That's despite having a weakened squad from last year and having a ton of injuries to some of our best performers.

If you look at the current table we are. I'm far more worried about us not playing good at all since October. But hopefully it's down to injuries and we'll improve a bit once some players return. 

13 hours ago, dkw said:

Come on, that's incredibly over the top negativity, every single player named would get into every other prem team other  city and Liverpool. Some of you seem so desperate to talk down everything about this club. 

It's not my intention to sound negative but consider this, our board after winning the title with Conte refused to sign a top player because hey we won the league so Conte is not realistic about the players, we do have the top players in the league and we only need some squad fillers...

The board is lucky, very lucky that Tammy and James contributed so much this season, without them our squad would really make the board look very bad. This is why I believe that we need more better players in the next window.

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

It's not my intention to sound negative but consider this, our board after winning the title with Conte refused to sign a top player because hey we won the league so Conte is not realistic about the players, we do have the top players in the league and we only need some squad fillers...

The board is lucky, very lucky that Tammy and James contributed so much this season, without them our squad would really make the board look very bad. This is why I believe that we need more better players in the next window.

So the board are very  very lucky that the academy they have funded with the aim of bringing young players into the team has actually brought young players into the team?

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I expect Frank will throw in another youngster tonight though not sure who.

If he does I expect it to be Tino Anjorin. I would imagine he goes with Jorginho tonight given he is banned for our next 3 games. I doubt he would start Broja over Giroud or Batman.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

So the board are very  very lucky that the academy they have funded with the aim of bringing young players into the team has actually brought young players into the team?

It's the same board that didn't care about the same academy for years, even though that same academy won the u18 league titles from 2014–18'.

And now you're giving them credit even though they would have done exactly the same even if we didn't have Reece James or Tammy, you would be pointing out how we do have M.Alonso, Emerson and Batshuayi, it's impossible for me to think that we shouldn't buy at least 3 players in the summer, but I see that even if we end up buying nobody some will still defend the board.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

It's the same board that didn't care about the same academy for years, even though that same academy won the u18 league titles from 2014–18'.

And now you're giving them credit even though they would have done exactly the same even if we didn't have Reece James or Tammy, you would be pointing out how we do have M.Alonso, Emerson and Batshuayi, it's impossible for me to think that we shouldn't buy at least 3 players in the summer, but I see that even if we end up buying nobody some will still defend the board.

So how exactly did they not care, they werent the ones not picking them for the team, it was the managers decision not to play them. The board deserve flack for some of the decisions they have made, but to blame them for us now playing youth players is f**king ridiculous as for years fans have been crying out for young academy players to get game time. 

53 minutes ago, dkw said:

So how exactly did they not care, they werent the ones not picking them for the team, it was the managers decision not to play them. The board deserve flack for some of the decisions they have made, but to blame them for us now playing youth players is f**king ridiculous as for years fans have been crying out for young academy players to get game time. 

And that's exactly why so many people "defend the board". Far too many people who can't distinguish FIFA Career mode and real life.

I'm a big fan of career mode and managed to sign Mbappe on a pre contract deal but I'm not for one second naive enough to think that was possible for real.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I'm going to blame them if we don't sign anyone in the summer, I don't care.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

But we already have signed someone. 

So you actually think Lampard doesn't need any new players in the summer? Ziyech is enough for you to praise the board for backing Lampard?

Lampard came out and said what Klopp has done at Liverpool is something he looks at doing with Chelsea. When you think about it, it makes sense. Klopp in his first season finished 8th with Liverpool. In the second season Liverpool finished 4th. Last season they won the CL. This season they are on course to win the league. Problem is, it takes time, patience, and smart investment & support from the board. 

58 minutes ago, enigma said:

Lampard came out and said what Klopp has done at Liverpool is something he looks at doing with Chelsea. When you think about it, it makes sense. Klopp in his first season finished 8th with Liverpool. In the second season Liverpool finished 4th. Last season they won the CL. This season they are on course to win the league. Problem is, it takes time, patience, and smart investment & support from the board. 

It's a fair thing to say though of course Klopp got time as he was already seen as a successful manager, don't think Frank will be so fortunate though do think he will get another season.

Absolutely. Luck also.

So we can defend against the best team in the league and one of the best in Europe then.

All this talk about spending big if you can't organise the players you have now new defender's won't help.

Great from Lampard tonight we looked like we could defend, we didn't press without cause and we kept the line between midfield and defence tight, I could see the framework the idea what was worked on in training, so why can't we do that more often?

37 minutes ago, Brutos said:

So we can defend against the best team in the league and one of the best in Europe then.

All this talk about spending big if you can't organise the players you have now new defender's won't help.

Great from Lampard tonight we looked like we could defend, we didn't press without cause and we kept the line between midfield and defence tight, I could see the framework the idea what was worked on in training, so why can't we do that more often?

I don't get it either, but tonight the players wanted it, why ?