Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

9 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Nobody brought it up in the Kepa thread but Lamps just played him like a fiddle for his own ends. Only 1 match but Kepa looked like he was playing for his job. 

Yup and Kepa will be thanking him for the chance. It’s all mind games but Frank seems to have gotten it right.

Now can we drop all of the CB’s for six matches... In case they come back and play like Van Dijk lol 😉

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

So we can defend against the best team in the league and one of the best in Europe then.

All this talk about spending big if you can't organise the players you have now new defender's won't help.

Great from Lampard tonight we looked like we could defend, we didn't press without cause and we kept the line between midfield and defence tight, I could see the framework the idea what was worked on in training, so why can't we do that more often?

I wouldn't say that, we were very open at times, there's still problems there. Kepa saved our bacon plenty of times and Rudiger had many moments when he looked drunk again. 

37 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

I don't get it either, but tonight the players wanted it, why ?

I think the answer is more simple than you think, we're just an inconsistent team right now due to trying to bleed in many youngster's.

We will outplay Liverpool and also look pretty rough against Bournemouth.

Well done Frank, rode our luck a bit early doors, but we were the better team, and we kept a clean sheet. Massive win for us tonight.

Apart from Zouma and Rudi losing their senses in the first 5 minutes and I think we defended like we use to "body on the line you are not getting past defending" it was truly nice to see.

10 hours ago, Brutos said:

Apart from Zouma and Rudi losing their senses in the first 5 minutes and I think we defended like we use to "body on the line you are not getting past defending" it was truly nice to see.

It helped that we did away with the high pressing and played with two banks of defenders compact. Frank got his tactics spot on. Denied Liverpool space to run in behind. Worked a treat. Exactly like Atletico did. That's the secret to beating them. 

f**k I'll laugh if they go out to Atleti now. Will take the gloss of their season big time. No invincibles, no treble.

11 hours ago, Slojo said:

Sorry to bring the negativity on such a great night but if Willian and Kovacic are out for even a few games, that's a castrophic blow for us right now. 

Against Everton and Villa i don't think it will be too big a problem, Everton have a crap midfield and Villa are pants full stop. Similar to how Jorginho/Barkley/Mount did well Vs Burnley i don't have too much concern playing a Gilmour/Barkley/Mount trio in these games.

Bayern on the other hand....

It helped that we did away with the high pressing and played with two banks of defenders compact. Frank got his tactics spot on. Denied Liverpool space to run in behind. Worked a treat. Exactly like Atletico did. That's the secret to beating them. 
f**k I'll laugh if they go out to Atleti now. Will take the gloss of their season big time. No invincibles, no treble.

They are in a wobble and I suspect they will have Atleti much harder to beat that Barcelona.

Wouldn't it just be the most Liverpool thing that they make the title race go down to a wire [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] after being Miles out in front.
Just now, Argo said:

Against Everton and Villa i don't think it will be too big a problem, Everton have a crap midfield and Villa are pants full stop. Similar to how Jorginho/Barkley/Mount did well Vs Burnley i don't have too much concern playing a Gilmour/Barkley/Mount trio in these games.

Bayern on the other hand....

God I hope you're right, but Everton done us over last time and I thought Villa played very well against us at the Bridge, Villa park has always been a bastard away, lets not forget that. Right now Willian is our best player out wide, and Kovacic is our best in midfield at the moment, so that's a big blow. I'm hoping Gilmour can replicate his success against Liverpool, but that's a lot of pressure on him. 

Just now, Brutos said:

They are in a wobble and I suspect they will have Atleti much harder to beat that Barcelona.

Wouldn't it just be the most Liverpool thing that they make the title race go down to a wire emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png after being Miles out in front.

It would but there's a 0.0000000000001% chance of that happening right now, I mean for one wouldn't they literally need to lose at least 7-8 games starting from now? Not going to happen I'm afraid. They won the title months ago, but in my opinion they won it in the sh*ttest season ever, unless they comeback and show it in the Champions League, I refuse to believe they're one of the best teams in the world, nevermind one of the best teams ever like many are touting. 

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

God I hope you're right, but Everton done us over last time and I thought Villa played very well against us at the Bridge, Villa park has always been a bastard away, lets not forget that. Right now Willian is our best player out wide, and Kovacic is our best in midfield at the moment, so that's a big blow. I'm hoping Gilmour can replicate his success against Liverpool, but that's a lot of pressure on him. 

The Villa away thing is a thing of a past, we've won 4 of our last 5 there, it's as much a bogey ground in the present day as Goodison is a routine three points. And I thought we battered them at home, as has been the case often, it turned into a contest because we couldn't finish our dinner.

I think the danger against Everton will be their fast counters (something we'd be susceptible too even with Kante) from what I'm seeing/hearing they haven't been controlling the pace of games atall under Carlo.

7 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Wouldn't it just be the most Liverpool thing that they make the title race go down to a wire emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png after being Miles out in front.

If it was ten points there would be a chance but not even Spurs would blow this type of lead. Is an ominous sign for next season though as it looks like their team have peaked.

Edited by Argo

10 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It would but there's a 0.0000000000001% chance of that happening right now, I mean for one wouldn't they literally need to lose at least 7-8 games starting from now? Not going to happen I'm afraid. They won the title months ago, but in my opinion they won it in the sh*ttest season ever, unless they comeback and show it in the Champions League, I refuse to believe they're one of the best teams in the world, nevermind one of the best teams ever like many are touting. 

They definitely aren't one of the best teams ever, they remind of how Leicester won the title a few years back when they managed to keep getting results regardless of how they played. That along with how inconsistent the top 6 have been really shows the story of the season rather than Liverpool being some amazing side.

Don't get me wrong, when they have been on song they're a great team so I don't want to take anything away from them overall.

I was talking about the high press, well this last game was the first time since pre-season that I have seen that our high press takes the ball and scores from it. Alonso, Giroud and Barkley pressed really well and Fabinho made a big mistake losing the ball.

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

They definitely aren't one of the best teams ever, they remind of how Leicester won the title a few years back when they managed to keep getting results regardless of how they played. That along with how inconsistent the top 6 have been really shows the story of the season rather than Liverpool being some amazing side.

Don't get me wrong, when they have been on song they're a great team so I don't want to take anything away from them overall.

The Leicester win was something else, Ranieri was not seen as a title winning manager this seemed more about belief and momentum.

Klopp does have a winning record and has built a good side yet until meeting the defensive experts Atletico and then facing Pearson's Watford fighting relegation were seen as totally dominant.

The irony with losing to Pearson's Watford was that Pearson saved Leicester from relegation and got them that winning feeling (won 7 of their last 9 matches)  and the question is whether Pearson can repeat the escape from relegation again.

Klopp made an error for me last night in playing Adrian, Adrian had a poor game and generally after two defeats surely you would look to play a stronger side.

No complaints though.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

The Leicester win was something else, Ranieri was not seen as a title winning manager this seemed more about belief and momentum.

Klopp does have a winning record and has built a good side yet until meeting the defensive experts Atletico and then facing Pearson's Watford fighting relegation were seen as totally dominant.

The irony with losing to Pearson's Watford was that Pearson saved Leicester from relegation and got them that winning feeling (won 7 of their last 9 matches)  and the question is whether Pearson can repeat the escape from relegation again.

Klopp made an error for me last night in playing Adrian, Adrian had a poor game and generally after two defeats surely you would look to play a stronger side.

No complaints though.

I would beg to differ re Adrian having a bad game, he made one bad mistake but made some cracking saves to stop us being out of sight, the one from Giroud was brilliant. 

3 hours ago, Argo said:

The Villa away thing is a thing of a past, we've won 4 of our last 5 there, it's as much a bogey ground in the present day as Goodison is a routine three points. And I thought we battered them at home, as has been the case often, it turned into a contest because we couldn't finish our dinner.

I think the danger against Everton will be their fast counters (something we'd be susceptible too even with Kante) from what I'm seeing/hearing they haven't been controlling the pace of games atall under Carlo.

I love your optimism, I wish it was contagious, either that or I'm a miserable git, and no doubt it's the latter. I'll admit I can't remember the last time we lost at Villa, I just have too many horrible memories there, but I thought Everton were good against United and very unfortunate, I just can't see how we win the game. I know it sounds silly considering we just beat Liverpool, but I'm not going to hold that game to a standard, otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed won't I. I've gave up on the defence, but I know we have a really good attack, a very underrated one, but at the moment we don't because of injuries. That's nobodies fault, we're just extremely unlucky, so I'm not going to moan or point fingers, I'm just going to hope for the best but expect the worst at the moment. 

If we grab 3 points I'll gladly bow down to you and kiss your feet. 

2 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I would beg to differ re Adrian having a bad game, he made one bad mistake but made some cracking saves to stop us being out of sight, the one from Giroud was brilliant. 

I recall him making two bad mistakes though only him being punished by one. 

On 03/03/2020 at 16:57, dansubrosa said:

Yup and Kepa will be thanking him for the chance. It’s all mind games but Frank seems to have gotten it right.

Now can we drop all of the CB’s for six matches... In case they come back and play like Van Dijk lol 😉

Can't drop them all, that would be silly.

If you don't agree that's ok. When a player is in bad form there's two ways to go about it essentially right? Frank picked the right one for that match. I believe he knew how to press Kepa's buttons. Could be something he learned from Jose?