Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Interesting graphic and point from Sky

image.thumb.png.8c35841f9467e05df91bbdb11ef18276.png

It's why the life of me I can't understand why some think he's doing a bad job. I have a lot of criticism for him myself, but I couldn't with a straight face say he hasn't done an amazing job this season so far. Unfortunately for him and us, things are about to get a lot harder with our injury list, another thing a lot of people are overlooking and not just our transfer ban. A lot of pressure on Gilmour this sunday, he's going to have to be the one. If we manage to get top 4, I don't want to hear about us being fortunate that our rivals were sh*tter, no, Frank has done an outstanding job. 

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's why the life of me I can't understand why some think he's doing a bad job. I have a lot of criticism for him myself, but I couldn't with a straight face say he hasn't done an amazing job this season so far. Unfortunately for him and us, things are about to get a lot harder with our injury list, another thing a lot of people are overlooking and not just our transfer ban. A lot of pressure on Gilmour this sunday, he's going to have to be the one. If we manage to get top 4, I don't want to hear about us being fortunate that our rivals were sh*tter, no, Frank has done an outstanding job. 

Some players will come back in 2-3 weeks and if we go on a winning run again we will be right up there.

Re Gilmour its good pressure, he must be really excited.

7 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Interesting quadrant chart ... would be interesting to see the same chart for actual goals each end ... suspect we'd move left and upwards.

Maybe but that chart shows to me that Lampard's idea is sound (all be it needing some tweaks) and it's more personnel than structural.

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

Maybe but that chart shows to me that Lampard's idea is sound (all be it needing some tweaks) and it's more personnel than structural.

Yes that's fair comment ... albeit we are all a long way behind Manchester City in terms of producing good chances ...

I just looked at the league table, and after 28 games we've scored 47 goals and conceded 39 ... so our "actuals" on this quadrant chart would be average 1.7 goals scored vs 1.4 conceded, vs the "expected" 2.05 and 1.2 (by eye) ... so not only are we missing chances that we should score, but we're also conceding goals we shouldn't !

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

You think the bad defending is down to personnel rather than structural?

To be honest with you I haven’t got a clue. We don’t have any top class defenders so it’s hard to judge really.

39 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

To be honest with you I haven’t got a clue. We don’t have any top class defenders so it’s hard to judge really.

I think there's definitely been some horrors but there's also been other time where we have completely shut an opposition out or done it for all bar once and conceded.

While there's obvious room for improvement I think things are a lot more redeemable than people think.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I'm not expert on analysing defences but the fact that Lamps stuck with zonal for so long despite us conceding almost every time at the start of the season suggests he's still learning the ropes in terms of defensive setup.

What he's been doing with the youth is not something any manager can do though and he's no where near his potential as a manager, we need to stick by him unless things are looking seriously bad, which at the moment they aren't, even if we miss out on CL qualifications that wasn't expected of him anyway.

2 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I'm not expert on analysing defences but the fact that Lamps stuck with zonal for so long despite us conceding almost every time at the start of the season suggests he's still learning the ropes in terms of defensive setup.

What he's been doing with the youth is not something any manager can do though and he's no where near his potential as a manager, we need to stick by him unless things are looking seriously bad, which at the moment they aren't, even if we miss out on CL qualifications that wasn't expected of him anyway.

We weren't conceding goals because of zonal. 

We were conceding goals because our keeper was to afraid to challenge for the ball and we only had 3 players over 6 foot in the team. 

CHO injures again, something is wrong here, we went years with a handful of serious injuries now it’s half our squad and reoccurring.

Its well known frank likes intense training he needs to have a close look at this and assess the pros of intense work on the training ground vs the injuries, we have never ever since I can remember had injuries like this, on young players too not at the tail end of their careers. 

15 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yes that's fair comment ... albeit we are all a long way behind Manchester City in terms of producing good chances ...

I just looked at the league table, and after 28 games we've scored 47 goals and conceded 39 ... so our "actuals" on this quadrant chart would be average 1.7 goals scored vs 1.4 conceded, vs the "expected" 2.05 and 1.2 (by eye) ... so not only are we missing chances that we should score, but we're also conceding goals we shouldn't !

This is why Lampard has been complaining about missing chances, we were scoring more than 2 goals per game at the start of the season (first 10 games) while conceding less than 2 and that's with the first game which we lost 4:0 included!

But for whatever reason we are much closer to Man City in comparison to the last year of Conte and first Sarri season.

3 hours ago, SFL82 said:

CHO injures again, something is wrong here, we went years with a handful of serious injuries now it’s half our squad and reoccurring.

Its well known frank likes intense training he needs to have a close look at this and assess the pros of intense work on the training ground vs the injuries, we have never ever since I can remember had injuries like this, on young players too not at the tail end of their careers. 

Lads need to man up a bit. A bit of hard training doesn't hurt anyone.

19 hours ago, chi blue said:

Lads need to man up a bit. A bit of hard training doesn't hurt anyone.

I mean I dunno how to answer that and not be dismissive but that’s a tough one...you can’t man up through a torn muscle or ligament. Over training puts stress on your body, athletes at the highest level are pushing their bodies to the absolute limits and need appropriate recovery, it’s body physiology not how hard you are...

3 hours ago, SFL82 said:

I mean I dunno how to answer that and not be dismissive but that’s a tough one...you can’t man up through a torn muscle or ligament. Over training puts stress on your body, athletes at the highest level are pushing their bodies to the absolute limits and need appropriate recovery, it’s body physiology not how hard you are...

Well you can but it’ll only make things worse...

The absolute lack of any homework before coming on to comment on a match by Gigs and Owen is scandalous.. if it were a regular job people would get sacked.. they bring up a point about Chelsea not scoring enough despite having so many attacking players.. and then

1.  Struggling to name anyone apart from Barkley and mount 

2. Completely forgetting the injuries in the squad.. 

Yeah you can’t watch every game but seriously amateurish..