ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

1 hour ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I actually quite rate Jorginho, he works very well in the right system, however in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 the two central midfielders both need to be able to tackle and press. Jorginho can't do either well enough. Lets see, but firstly i can't see Lampard setting the team up like Sarri and secondly i can't see Lampard building a team around Jorginho.

Disagree. I think Jorginho is one of the best tacklers that we have. There are not many players get cleanly past him in a one v one situation. His issue has always been pace and so when he gets outnumbered and passed around he can easily look out of his depth. With Kante alongside, pressing and harrying Jorginho will be free to re-establish the flow and pattern of the game that we want to impose. My issue with using him in the Sarri set up was his ability to recover in the intense tempo of the EPL and the subsequent pressure it put on our fragile defence once he was dispossessed. I actually think he will work better in a two and in some instances against weaker opposition it will still allow Kante to roam further upfield to affect play.

On 12/07/2019 at 23:16, Scott Harris said:

Being small isn't as big a deal in football as it used to be. A lot of the best players in the game over the last 10 years have been a similar height, just look at Hazard, Kante, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Aguero, Sterling, Griezmann, and one of the greatest players to play the game, Messi. 

I suppose but the players like hazard and messy are so good with the ball at their feet they just brush past players that’s not really Billy’s game, he picks up the ball and gets the attack going.

If you’re deep lying it’s fine players like scholls or even Jorginho they sit in space and spray passes he is a central midfielder but he doesn’t sit as far back he actually resembles xavi in his style of play, as brilliant as xavi was I think in the PL he would got bullied off the ball and have less time and space to work.

Look how much Rubens strength brings to the midfield a bit of power to hold off players and break the press is important in modern football and in a physical league, it’s not the be all and end all but it certainly helps. 

I think one of our problems has been basically a team of predominantly small midfielders and wingers, not enough power in the team and I think RLC solves that problem and improves us.

2 skilful small midfielders works but 3 or 4 in the PL is not ideal. 

On 12/07/2019 at 23:16, Scott Harris said:

Being small isn't as big a deal in football as it used to be. A lot of the best players in the game over the last 10 years have been a similar height, just look at Hazard, Kante, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Aguero, Sterling, Griezmann, and one of the greatest players to play the game, Messi. 

I suppose but the players like hazard and messy are so good with the ball at their feet they just brush past players that’s not really Billy’s game, he picks up the ball and gets the attack going.

If you’re deep lying it’s fine players like scholls or even Jorginho they sit in space and spray passes he is a central midfielder but he doesn’t sit as far back he actually resembles xavi in his style of play, as brilliant as xavi was I think in the PL he would got bullied off the ball and have less time and space to work.

Look how much Rubens strength brings to the midfield a bit of power to hold off players and break the press is important in modern football and in a physical league, it’s not the be all and end all but it certainly helps. 

I think one of our problems has been basically a team of predominantly small midfielders and wingers, not enough power in the team and I think RLC solves that problem and improves us.

2 skilful small midfielders works but 3 or 4 in the PL is not ideal. 

3 hours ago, Sindre said:

Mason Mount have signed a new five-year deal with the club.

Excellent news.

Obviously impressed in pre-season.  Maybe Frank rates him highly

39 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

Obviously impressed in pre-season.  Maybe Frank rates him highly

He rated him from when he had him on loan last season. Lamps played him in virtually every game, whether it was cup competitions or league games.

On 14/07/2019 at 10:03, WhiteWall said:

Disagree. I think Jorginho is one of the best tacklers that we have. There are not many players get cleanly past him in a one v one situation. His issue has always been pace and so when he gets outnumbered and passed around he can easily look out of his depth. With Kante alongside, pressing and harrying Jorginho will be free to re-establish the flow and pattern of the game that we want to impose. My issue with using him in the Sarri set up was his ability to recover in the intense tempo of the EPL and the subsequent pressure it put on our fragile defence once he was dispossessed. I actually think he will work better in a two and in some instances against weaker opposition it will still allow Kante to roam further upfield to affect play.

..... I think Jorginho is one of the best tacklers that we have. There are not many players get cleanly past him in a one v one situation..... this is almost so crazy I feel like I want to go re-watch all of last season. 

2 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

..... I think Jorginho is one of the best tacklers that we have. There are not many players get cleanly past him in a one v one situation..... this is almost so crazy I feel like I want to go re-watch all of last season. 

Do so. See how many times Jorginho nicks the ball when he is tackling a player that is fronting him up. As i said when people run at him at pace or outnumbers him that's when he is vulnerable because his pace is Cascarino-esque. But he is still one of the best tacklers that we have. How many other players do we have other than jorginho and Kante that can press and tackle the ball from the opposition as cleanly.

Did someone say Ampadu would be ahead of Jorginho and we would be getting rid of Jorginho now Ampadu is going out on loan apparently. Show's you who actually manages on FM and who manages in the real world.

31 minutes ago, robdog said:

I just realized when SFL scored that wonder goal vs Barca, Pedro tried to block his shot

What audacity it takes to attempt  that against Barca and pull it off

31 minutes ago, robdog said:

I just realized when SFL scored that wonder goal vs Barca, Pedro tried to block his shot

What audacity it takes to attempt  that against Barca and pull it off

Be that as it may, all I saw last season was Jorginho making backwards passes and getting caught with the tempo of the league. I´m not saying he doesn´t have quality and I´m also sure he´s a monster in the Italian league. But I´ll take Fabregas over him each and every day of the week.