Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

27 minutes ago, Stretford Ender said:

Might have a punt on Chelsea for the league. You could do with a top-ranked central defender (as could we) but if your new signings bed-in quickly, Chelsea will be a hard team to beat.

Not unrealistic proposition. 

Liverpool are not a perfect side. They are one of two injuries from a full blown crisis. 

Peps city need a bit of an overhaul and could be rebuilding. 

We are due a season where 85 points wins it. That could be us. 

19 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Liverpool are not a perfect side. They are one of two injuries from a full blown crisis. 

Agreed, They have been very lucky as I dont recall them having any long term injuries to their big players over the last season or two (I could be wrong here admittedly) bit like us a few years back very rarely did the big names sit out injured for any length of time (old biscuit legs robben being an exception) 

Is there an announcements thread I'm missing? Newbie here!

I'm a gooner (pls no hate) but also a massive fan of Lampard from his playing days and I love the squad he's building at Chelsea. Chelsea are also my local club so always had a soft spot for them and glad to see you guys are going in the right direction.

For me your best signing of the window has been Werner, seems to be a big upgrade on Abraham. Looks to be an Aguero/Vardy hybrid in playstyle and will bang the goals in for you.

On 06/09/2020 at 20:49, bisright1 said:

I agree, I think Chelsea are definitely in the mixer for the league this year. While Pool seem dominant they have a trash bench and a serious injury to one of Salah/Mane and you wonder where the goals are coming from.

City are ageing and need a major overhaul despite bringing in Torres who looks excellent.

I think for you guys it all boils down to how Pulisic recovers from his injury and gels with the other excellent signings you've made, but given they're all intelligent and physically capable I don't think that's an issue.

The only worry for me is Ziyech looks a tad lightweight, so if he manages to hit the gym then your frontline looks to be the best in the league now.

I was snooping around the Utd forum and I think there is a stark difference.. for the so called biggest English club.. they have spent the same money as us over the last 2-3 windows - yet the optimism here is much higher.. they have bought in an 140 mil worth defenders- 85 mil worth midfielders .. have a similar sized squad yet no one thinks Ole would do better than 3rd.

so are we lot expecting too much?

7 hours ago, Jangz said:

I was snooping around the Utd forum and I think there is a stark difference.. for the so called biggest English club.. they have spent the same money as us over the last 2-3 windows - yet the optimism here is much higher.. they have bought in an 140 mil worth defenders- 85 mil worth midfielders .. have a similar sized squad yet no one thinks Ole would do better than 3rd.

We have a better squad than them now personally, and if you look at the talents we have brought in we should be contenders at least but 2nd or 3rd with a Cup would be a success for me next season. Realistically we can't expect the squad to fully gel but we have such a great potential, the only question mark for me right now is Kepa, will he or won't he improve.

Hopefully having a fully fit Silva should bring a lot more leadership to the defensive area as a whole.

7 hours ago, Jangz said:

They have an inexperienced manager, a very young squad as do we. The difference is probably in their culture. They've had lean years mostly every year since SAF left. They have pumped money towards managers and players without a big impact. Liverpool, City and Chelsea just have been better projects than what they have....I think they don't even remember what it was like to challenge for the title. We have had a taste of silverware almost every season since Roman came. That is our culture. We need those trophies. 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/both-mourinho-and-lampard-are-outdated-but-spurs-will-beat/fos3fi9r7yqh1vykig2t754ar

You will struggle to read another piece as long as this .. yet devoid of logic and research and insight. Absolute crass, completely biased and shows the level of journalism today from an absolute nobody. I really like Nissar Kinsella wonder why he works with goal.com!

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/both-mourinho-and-lampard-are-outdated-but-spurs-will-beat/fos3fi9r7yqh1vykig2t754ar

You will struggle to read another piece as long as this .. yet devoid of logic and research and insight. Absolute crass, completely biased and shows the level of journalism today from an absolute nobody. I really like Nissar Kinsella wonder why he works with goal.com!

Agree complete dross of an article. But I have to admit I don't feel Frank is the man to bring back the title,of course could be wrong but don't really believe he his.

1 hour ago, Bluesince66 said:

Agree complete dross of an article. But I have to admit I don't feel Frank is the man to bring back the title,of course could be wrong but don't really believe he his.

We will have the answers by the end of this season... to me he seems to be better man manager at this point than tactician. And I am not making comparisons but Sir Alex wasn’t the greatest tactician but a superb man manager.. while folks like Guardiola are acclaimed as tacticians but then get them horribly wrong to be dumped out by Lyon! I keep faith in SFL .. hoping he brings the required success for us !

32 minutes ago, Jangz said:

We will have the answers by the end of this season... to me he seems to be better man manager at this point than tactician. And I am not making comparisons but Sir Alex wasn’t the greatest tactician but a superb man manager.. while folks like Guardiola are acclaimed as tacticians but then get them horribly wrong to be dumped out by Lyon! I keep faith in SFL .. hoping he brings the required success for us !

I really hope he becomes one of  our best ever managers ,i really can't put my finger on it as to why I don't have total faith in him.

So far he has identified superb new additions to the team (except Chilwell for me, though, who I don't consider superb) so he at least has a good eye to identify talent. He has had a very good season with what was available from the youngsters, so he can't be that bad at tactics and developing players. And though we were very bad defensively, this was not only down to tactics but also to poor defenders and dodgy keeper. We've enjoyed some really good matches and some to forget, mostly against dross that just sat back and countered. Overall, I think that we can be happy with Frank's performance as a coach and optimistic for what he will do with the team. I think that he can be our coach for years.

5 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

Fabrizio Romano tweeted earlier that Lampard was key in us signing Havetz. This is one of the best young talents in world football and a generational talent who was determined to play under a manager that only has 2 years experience. I also heard Werner turned down a late offer from Pep and City to join us

The pulling power of Lampard has been incredible this Summer.

I have no doubts Lampard will be a success with us, his man management skills seem top notch already, especially the way he slowly integrated Pulisic into the team and it showed how effective that was in the restart. He has improvements to be made from a tactical viewpoint but that will improve as he gains more experience and someone like Lampard will always want to improve

He is a born winner and born leader, he is one of our greatest ever players and has never let us down, you saw at times last season how the players would run into brick walls for him and how much they respected him despite his managerial inexperience. You can also see how much trust the likes of Marina and Roman have given him already

On 09/09/2020 at 03:24, Jangz said:

Thing is everyone knows Ole is a clown and will get found out

3 hours ago, chi blue said:

Thing is everyone knows Ole is a clown and will get found out

Fernandes was a big reason they finished third. They also got a massive amount of luck in their games and penalties, so I cannot see that continue next season.

Edited by Malcolm9