Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Doh - forgot Lamps went to City LOL

easily done. I forgot Cole was at Derby.  TBH, once players leave Chelsea I don't pay a whole lot of attentino to them.  Why I am terrible at some of the quizzes like this.

On 06/09/2020 at 20:49, bisright1 said:

Not unrealistic proposition. 

Liverpool are not a perfect side. They are one of two injuries from a full blown crisis. 

Peps city need a bit of an overhaul and could be rebuilding. 

We are due a season where 85 points wins it. That could be us. 

Not expecting anything more than 4th. Maybe next season when our new signings have a season under their belt and if City don't sign Messi. 

Like Frank's confidence, we need a manager that's demand more rather than taking it 'one game, and season at a time'. He's putting himself out there, sure he will cop plenty if results NOT going our way, but that's exactly the Special one did back in the days. Like many, I fear the lack of another central defender will harm our season, Silva is class but not sure how many games he could last due to his age and injury history, leave him out when we back to the best out of 2of Zouma/Christense/Rudiger. The game next Monday will be a big test, it's basically the same back 5 from last season, will tell very quickly if they have gone forward or backward.

4 minutes ago, evissy said:

Lampard amused by Klopp’s comments about Chelsea spending spree via @Onefootball. Read it here: 

https://1.ftb.al/AwfVYO41L9

Frank is such a levelheaded smart, fair person. He is so good at taking away the initial emotion from these scandalsearching media outlets. 

A good riposte by Frank and at conferences he does well too, just needs to watch the pitch side microphones in the heat of the moment, IMO.

22 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Plenty of salt flowing on RAWK in their dedicated Chelsea thread, going on how Frank has reacted badly to Klopps comments. The usual bin dipper mentality on there.

lol they don’t know any respect they got lucky one year in the league .. even Leicester did that .. let’s talk this year .. all this chest thumping for what ..? A club which denies history - when to win UCL it was enough to beat the champions of Ukraine.. 

I think Jurgen Klopp is the perfect hypocrite manager for them for a club which denies their role in Heysel.. even their anthem is not original a song that which is lift and shift pirated version serves that scum right!

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Lampard amused by Klopp’s comments about Chelsea spending spree via @Onefootball. Read it here: 

https://1.ftb.al/AwfVYO41L9

Frank is such a levelheaded smart, fair person. He is so good at taking away the initial emotion from these scandalsearching media outlets. 

Best thing about Frank as Chelsea manager is you can guarantee he will stick up for the club in interviews with a straight bat, no little digs or snidey comments like we've had in the past with the some of our bitchy managers. 

I don't think there is any bad blood between the two. Media is creating this non-existing dialog between them. Both know what they are doing. I feel Klopp had something between his teeth in terms of Chelsea and Lampard and said something he can't back. Lampard's reply was as classy as you can imagine. 

56 minutes ago, evissy said:

After that performance I feel we need all our best talent against Liverpool. Azpilicueta and Pulisic on left, Ziyech on the right. If possible Mendy in goal and Silva at CB. Tough ask I know but...

Agree evissy,but apparently Pulisic has another setback, not sure what but we need him massively. 

I think we need to start talking about the game time Mount gets. Why is he starting over CHO on the wing? That shouldn't happen in a million years, it just looks so Mourinho-eske. 

Had no width or anything in that game, I'm sure our first cross came in the 70th minute when Brighton got tired and James managed to whip one in on the byline. I'm very happy we got the win but that was a shocking performance by all accounts, it has to be said. 

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think we need to start talking about the game time Mount gets. Why is he starting over CHO on the wing? That shouldn't happen in a million years, it just looks so Mourinho-eske. 

Had no width or anything in that game, I'm sure our first cross came in the 70th minute when Brighton got tired and James managed to whip one in on the byline. I'm very happy we got the win but that was a shocking performance by all accounts, it has to be said. 

I would stick to playing Mount in midfield rather than out wide, CHO needs to be given the chance.

5 minutes ago, Slojo said:

CHO clearly hasn't proven himself worthwhile of a start under Lampard yet in training. It should be very concerning to CHO that he wasn't brought on until the final 10 minutes. Without CHO, Mount has to start there as Ziyech and Pulisic were injured.

I thought Mount was fine? What was the problem with him?

Edited by bisright1

Just now, bisright1 said:

CHO clearly hasn't proven himself worthwhile of a start under Lampard yet. So without CHO, Mount has to start there as Ziyech and Pulisic were injured.

I thought Mount was fine? What was the problem with him?

Fine?? I thought he was woeful personally. Besides that one turn in to play Havertz in (which was a terrible pass from him) I can't remember anything positive he added to the game. He didn't cope with pressure well, lost the ball often, and he didn't help Alonso out well either. Alonso deserves a lot of stick but some of the defending from Mount against Lamptey was embarrassing, Alonso can't take the full blame on that. 

CHO is a fine talent and has provided us with a lot of energy, flair and creativity in the past, he's hit some stop signs with injuries that have hindered his journey here. But I don't see why Mount should be playing over him on the wing, it is truly baffling me from a fans/spectator perspective. 

Just now, Strider6003 said:

I also thought Mount was one of our better players behind Werner.

When Pulisic and Ziyech are fit it is a fair question as to where Mount would play. 

CHO needs to do something special and his workrate is it up to the standard of the others?

When Pulisic and Ziyech is fit and if mount keeps starting then he has Frank's Nudes or had cuckold with Frank only explaination. Mount wouldn't get into the top 6 team but he walks into ours. He's good player to have in your squad but not in your first 11 if you want to win the league and silverware