Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

People do overreact that's true. But we can't be using match fitness as an excuse, every other team is in the same boat. 

Yes, but that is why we won 3-1 and Brighton didn't. Our players are so much better than Brighton's they can win a game without being match fit.

Match fitness is not an excuse, but it is a better explanation than the nonsense 'tactical analysis' and overreactions that are popular on social media these days.

Considering how many players we missed in the game, and the lack of preparation, I'd at least give it a pass to Lampard and the team. Sure, we can't use the same excuse comes Sunday, but it's a fact the pre-season was no existent, and new players will need time to find their feet. Judging by the reactions after a 3:1 win, I'd hate to imagine the reactions if we don't win on Sunday, Everyone agrees in principle that it will take time for the team to progress, but as soon as something not going our way, it's crisis time and now or never

17 hours ago, Slojo said:

People do overreact that's true. But we can't be using match fitness as an excuse, every other team is in the same boat. 

That’s not true actually.. Brighton players came back earlier since their season finished early  played two friendlies and than had a week to perfect their shape for this game .. we had barely 2-3 days of them playing together... with some playing in the league for the first time.. each team currently is at varying level of fitness..  O am just happy we had the 3 points that’s all that matters.. 

18 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Considering how many players we missed in the game, and the lack of preparation, I'd at least give it a pass to Lampard and the team. Sure, we can't use the same excuse comes Sunday, but it's a fact the pre-season was no existent, and new players will need time to find their feet. Judging by the reactions after a 3:1 win, I'd hate to imagine the reactions if we don't win on Sunday, Everyone agrees in principle that it will take time for the team to progress, but as soon as something not going our way, it's crisis time and now or never

I think the majority of people are fairly reasonable in their reaction to this win. Especially on here. 

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Everyone keeps banging on about no pre season but you got to remember that no one else had pre season either, it’s a weak excuse.

This isn’t an attack on Lampard or anything like that, just that I don’t think people should be using no pre season as an excuse.

It's logical that we would be more affected when we have so many new players to integrate into the club, the squad, the training and the tactics ... which all takes time ... our first team on paper is radically different to last season, with as many as 6 possible new faces ...  Mendy (assuming that happens), Silva, Chilwell, Ziyech, Havertz, Werner .... and if we sign Rice then it could even be 7 !

Having said that, I'm not big on excuses, and I doubt Frank is either 🙂

Edited by Sexyfootball
8 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

"🎙Press Conference : Frank #Lampard reports that Chilwell, Pulisic and Ziyech are NOT ready for Sunday's game against Liverpool. Werner is fit but Thiago Silva is working on his fitness so the Liverpool game comes too soon for him".It will be great when we can field a fully fit first team.

Oh ffs... 

Well I just hope he plays CHO on the wing this time, we need some more creative attackers there if we want to hurt Liverpool. 

Our football is boring. We have plenty of players to play possession football but we either play counterattack or route one football.

Kepa always takes way too long before making a square pass to the nearest defender or lumping it forward. 

Mount is good at pressing but if he's the only one doing it up top then it won't matter.

We have no width due to the injuries of Ziyech and Pulisic, Lamps is playing Mount ahead of CHO probably due to being better in training. If Lamps doesn't have another gameplan for our current set of players soon then we're going to keep playing this way and hoping for goals.

Either we buy another winger or we have to play another system or different players in the current system.

That was piss poor from Frank. We set up all wrong and were 2nd best for the entirety of that match. I actually think Christensen has done him a massive favour because if we put in a performance like they under Sarri or Conte - this forum and the internet would be going wild about it.

Leeds had more balls to go up against Liverpool than us. That was a Mourinho-esque performance without the dangerous counter. Very, very poor.

We didn’t play well against Brighton and 3-1 flattered us so I’m not sure what Frank expected to be different tonight lining up the same way. Best to put this one behind us ASAP but it is worrying.