Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

1 hour ago, abister1 said:

Wonder why someone having such a view is a problem? AVB came and basically played against the strengths of his squad in a team Legend Frankie played in and was rightly called out and paid the ultimate price with his job. You think it should be a different outcome against the backdrop of modern football?

Actually it's a bit of a myth the highline possession football got AVB sacked, we were exposed in the big games granted but we were swatting away the lesser lights of the league like they were nothing.

What actually did for him ultimately were the Valencia and City games in December, he reverted to the pragmatic type to get the wins but it ultimately cost him because he carried on with those tactics afterwards (that or the players wouldn't listen anymore after Andre revealed his hand) and that's when the dropped points vs the fodder sides came thick and fast. 5 points dropped vs 'lesser' sides in four months pre City (3 in a game we went down to nine men and a further 2 away to Pulis' Stoke which was arguably the toughest fixture outside the big one's back then) compared to 15 in the two months post City up until his eventual sacking, nearly 3x as many dropped points in half the time.

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

@Gol15

The rule is clear. 

Is the action a straight red card decision?

Yes. That's it. In all cases that has been applied. Same with the Brighton game before it. 

Or to make it clearer, the decision is not whether the referee was right to give a yellow. The decision is whether the referee was wrong to not give a straight red. 

FYI - It was 100% a red card. It was clear as day. You even say "Mane would almost certainly have scored". That means it's a red. 

I don't think there's any way we can argue against that being a red card, if anything var actually worked for once because the ref got it wrong only giving a yellow.

6 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, especially given your rude and insulting comments, but do want to address a few items here.  Completely missing my point.  This isn't a dig against Frank, but an assessment of items I do think he has to be accountable for.  I'd love nothing more than Frank to be a success at Chelsea for years to come - not entirely sure where you think this "pathetic agenda" stems from.  I am just frustrated by Chelsea continuing to make the same mistakes.  That's all.  The patterns are more concerning for me at this stage than others.  Last 5 games is 1W, 1D, 3L.  The devil is in the detail as even in that solidarity win Brighton outplayed us.  

- Tactics - I would have preferred a more attacking/balanced line up.  Agree we had contained Liverpool well until the red card, but we offered too little during the half also.

- Selection - the reference to clown was Kepa, not Frank.  First game Mount was LW, Timo C, Kai RW.  I am unsure why he rotated that against Liverpool to Timo LW, Kai C, Mount RW.  Patterns of play and heat maps support this, and I did not see the level of roaming you indicate.  I did see Mount get sucked deeper given the threat of Mane and Robertson.  To clarify though, this isn't clueless garbage sourced from Sky - that's not even available to me and I seek my clueless garbage from other broadcasters 🙂

- Availability - not directly Frank's fault, but if I were him (and assume he is), I would be pressing my medical, sports scientists, nutritionists and whomever else contributes, on why, generally speaking, we seem more challenged in this area (beyond new signings; look at Kante over last season as an example)

- Decision Making - Alonso's lack of pace is not a decision; its an attribute, as are many other items (like midfield 3's lack of creativity).  AC and Kepa were the items of reference - I do not think they are Chelsea quality but am not advocating for 17 year olds to take their place (not sure where that came from either)

Again, the result is somewhat irrelevant as this game was always going to be a little too early for this Chelsea.  This is a marathon, not a sprint and I am sure Frank will find the balance, integration of new players, and results.  The manner of the defeat is what stood out to me.  I guess that makes me one of the gobsh*tes as you say!  Cue insults.

I apologise about the clown thing as misread it and thought you were referring to lampatd.

5 hours ago, Argo said:

I do. Mount to track Robertson, Werner to try and take advantage of the space Trent leaves in behind and Havertz to play the 'Firmino role'. Called it the second the lineup came out that it was what we were going to do.

Good read that, I think havertz central was also an attempt to draw vvd out and leave space for Werner also, which did work a couple if times when Havertz came deep.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He already gave him a yellow though. The rules say that yellow cards are not checked, not even if it's a second yellow. I know that it's a red but then he should have waited first and then after reviewing just give him a red. 

It was a possible red card incident though. So it falls in VARs remit. Doesnt matter what the referee gave at the time. 

Its like if the ref booked a player for diving instead of giving a penalty, it would still be reviewed by VAR because it was a possible penalty incident.

1 minute ago, big blue said:

It was a possible red card incident though. So it falls in VARs remit. Doesnt matter what the referee gave at the time. 

Its like if the ref booked a player for diving instead of giving a penalty, it would still be reviewed by VAR because it was a possible penalty incident.

Is the VAR  rule that any possible red card incident can be reviewed at any time?

23 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He already gave him a yellow though. The rules say that yellow cards are not checked, not even if it's a second yellow. I know that it's a red but then he should have waited first and then after reviewing just give him a red. 

Are you seriously suggesting a yellow card given by the referee (as opposed to no foul / card given at all) bars VAR to award a clear red card?

"Yellow cards are not checked" clearly means that awarding or annulling a yellow card is not a possible outcome of a VAR check. Anything else would make no sense at all.

Sunday's check however was a red-card-check, which would have been performed the same way regardless of what misdetermination the referee had made (foul by AC4 with no card, no foul play on, striker's foul by Mané, yellow card for dive Mané). The question in any case would be "was it an obvious mistake not to give a red card?"

6 hours ago, Chelsea2k said:

personally i got no problem with frank and  wish him the best of luck . the real question is will roman have the patience  ? or will he sack him if we finish 3rd again?

There is only one way to find out! *jumps in a DeLorean* We gotta go back to the future Marty! 

Just finished listening to the London is Blue Podcast where they had Fabrizio Romano on and he was incredibly complimentary of Frank Lampard and how much impact he's had on the transfers. He stated that had it not been for Frank Lampard we would've not signed Kai Havertz as he was advised to stay at Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munch would come in for him next season but after speaking with Lampard he decided to join Chelsea.

He also stated that majority of Managers are involved in transfers but dont have much sway when it comes to attracting players but with Lampard that is not the case, he has a great pull when it comes to bringing in big players. He went on to say that Lampard has changed the way Chelsea approach transfers where Chelsea will only prioritize top targets and pay big if required and no longer settle for 2nd or 3rd tier options as they may have done in the past. Honorable mention of Petr Cech who has been working with other clubs closely in securing the deal, he was in a meeting completing the deal for Kai Havertz on the day of the CL final which is when the deal was finalised.

Other things discussed:

• Chelsea looking to sell players but clubs are not looking to buy in the current climate and would much rather loan
  • Rudigers Brother is looking at the Italian market for a potential move -  No interest currently
  • Chelsea may consider loaning CHO as his game time may be limited
  • Chelsea wanted to sell Emerson but having difficulty getting him out the door, they will consider selling Alonso instead as there is potential for a move to Inter Milan
  • No negotiations with West Ham for Rice yet however Chelsea will make bid and Rice will need to push for the move
  • Giroud was keen on Juventus move but with Morata on his way to Juventus Giroud is likely to stay
  • Chelsea are plotting a swoop for a top CB next season, top target Giminez but they will have to pay release clause of 120m Euros
  • Chelsea would consider selling Jorginho and have him valued at 50m Euros
  • Chelsea will focus on the South American market for potential targets especially with Real Madrid and Barcelono shifting focus from South America.
Edited by Imran_CFC

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Just finished listening to the London is Blue Podcast where they had Fabrizio Romano on and he was incredibly complimentary of Frank Lampard and how much impact he's had on the transfers. He stated that had it not been for Frank Lampard we would've not signed Kai Havertz as he was advised to stay at Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munch would come in for him next season but after speaking with Lampard he decided to join Chelsea.

He also stated that majority of Managers are involved in transfers but dont have much sway when it comes to attracting players but with Lampard that is not the case, he has a great pull when it comes to bringing in big players. He went on to say that Lampard has changed the way Chelsea approach transfers where Chelsea will only prioritize top targets and pay big if required and no longer settle for 2nd or 3rd tier options as they may have done in the past. Honorable mention of Petr Cech who has been working with other clubs closely in securing the deal, he was in a meeting completing the deal for Kai Havertz on the day of the CL final which is when the deal was finalised.

Other things discussed:

• Chelsea looking to sell players but clubs are not looking to buy in the current climate and would much rather loan
  • Rudigers Brother is looking at the Italian market for a potential move -  No interest currently
  • Chelsea wanted to sell Emerson but having difficulty getting him out the door, they will consider selling Alonso instead as there is potential for a move to Inter Milan
  • No negotiations with West Ham for Rice yet however Chelsea will make bid and Rice will need to push for the move
  • Giroud was keen on Juventus move but with Morata on his way to Juventus Giroud is likely to stay
  • Chelsea are plotting a swoop for a top CB next season, top target Giminez but they will have to pay release clause of 120m Euros
  • Chelsea will focus on the South American market for potential targets especially with Real Madrid and Barcelono shifting focus from South America.

Good job posting it here @Imran_CFC.. thanks!

3 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Other things discussed:

He's got more pull than Klopp and Pep

On 23/09/2020 at 00:40, Brutos said:

He's got more pull than Klopp and Pep

Lamps is the highest goalscoring midfielder and was at his peak at a time when the current players are in their teens. He must be a legend in their eyes.

Pep was before Lamps' time and Klopp was never a top class player

On 21/09/2020 at 21:28, General said:

I has talkSPORT on after the Brighton game there was 2 or 3 Chelsea fans calling in for Frank to be relieved of duty, trolls or idiots. 

Idiots phone in to TalkSport every day, that is why people like Jason Cundy are always taking the piss out of them.

I'm happy the players are now showing more fight to come back and get a result, a massive improvement from last season, but I can't help but feel that with a better team selection/tactics we wouldn't have to keep starting a goal or two down. 

Edited by Remodez

We were about to make comeback and then for no reason he put 3rd striker with 20 minutes left on the clock without added time. 

Rookie mistake. The thing is he is not rookie anymore and this team unlike last year's has some ambition.