Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

5 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Lampard ran back from training to the team hotel- 9km- with his coaching staff.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7271889/Chelsea-news-Frank-Lampard-runs-9km-Chelseas-team-hotel-Japan-set-standard-players.html 

Leading by example, I love it! 

Would love to see Sarri attempt that. Probably wouldn’t make it 9 meters before his smokers lung kicked in. 

Great interview with Frank. He tells all about how he wants us to play and approach the game. Main points for me is: high intensity in training and games, high pressing to win the ball back quickly in key areas and not restrain in one system but adapt and learn multiple ways to play the games.

I love every aspect of that. High intensity comes from himself. Built in Frank. High pressing is a norm in top teams today and last term we failed in that with Sarri. Don't just use one system is also a norm among big teams also an area where Sarri failed if you could say so. Sarri feels he didn't fail because that is what he tries to do.

You can see Frank has picked things to his managing from past coaches like Jose, modern trends of football and something he himself feels needs to be done to create a winning team.

What I expect is as we have a young manager and a young squad we will go up and down through the entire season. That is a thing that goes in every sport and young players. If we end up in a CL spot or win a cup we should be very happy. If we don't we are still with exciting squad and an intelligent manager.
22 minutes ago, evissy said:

I love every aspect of that. High intensity comes from himself. Built in Frank. High pressing is a norm in top teams today and last term we failed in that with Sarri. Don't just use one system is also a norm among big teams also an area where Sarri failed if you could say so. Sarri feels he didn't fail because that is what he tries to do.

Yes, it seems like he's already learned from the mistake of others in that sense. I thought he was interesting when he mentioned he mentions he doesn't want to be stuck into one idea, one vision or one player. Last year we struggled with a system entirely built around one man and when teams learned to take him out we struggled big-time. Lampard will be much more sensible and smart in the sense that he'll have several different options and use them all over the course of a season.

40 minutes ago, JM7 said:

One thing I find interesting is that Frank largely playing in quite a defensive teams but yet he wants to play a modern, pressing style of play. 

I personally think it’s a myth Chelsea are/were defensive. Yeah when the occasion called for it we played backs to the wall, mostly because the managers weren’t naive enough to play too open.

You don’t win titles and trophies sitting back all the time. You’ve got to be good at scoring more goals than the other team (obviously)! 

51 minutes ago, JM7 said:

One thing I find interesting is that Frank largely playing in quite a defensive teams but yet he wants to play a modern, pressing style of play. 

Don't really think it's defensive, at times while attacking it looks like a 2-2-5-1.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

We're not a defensive team. It's just that in the past our tactics involve teamwork and staying compact whilst hitting counters with pace as that was the strength of our wingers and masks our CB's weaknesses. In the past 15years our CBs are generally not pacy And with the exception of JT are average at reading the game whilst our wingers have always been very fast. Any manager worth their salt would use such tactics but we were never really a defensive team.

Edited by Deino
22 minutes ago, Deino said:

We're not a defensive team. It's just that in the past our tactics involve teamwork and staying compact whilst hitting counters with pace as that was the strength of our wingers and masks our CB's weaknesses. In the past 15years our CBs are generally not pacy And with the exception of JT are average at reading the game whilst our wingers have always been very fast. Any manager worth their salt would use such tactics but we were never really a defensive team.

In general we weren't but it was solid shape first the rest second which sometimes led to struggles vs deep defenses and as the high pressing era came upon us we often found ourselves overwhelmed by such teams and it was getting quite depressing to watch constantly being strangled out of games (it was a big problem under both Jose 2.0 and Conte barring Conte's title season). It would have only got worse in future seasons had we stuck to the same blueprint because even Championship sides are moving with the modern times.

It was a style that served us very well however the games moved on (hence Jose's decline into obscurity) and thankfully we're moving with it!

Edited by Argo

On 22/07/2019 at 20:44, ForeverCarefree said:

Would love to see Sarri attempt that. Probably wouldn’t make it 9 meters before his smokers lung kicked in. 

Unnecessary mate. The guy never played any sport, never even been involved as coach till his 50ies. Give him a little break. 

5 hours ago, Droopy said:

Unnecessary mate. The guy never played any sport, never even been involved as coach till his 50ies. Give him a little break. 

Nah, think I’ll just continue to find amusement in a chain smoker telling elite athletes what to do if it’s all the same to you.

13 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Frank has asked us to stop singing the pikey song, sorry frank no can do that ones a Chelsea banger, and to be fair of all the people I don’t want to offend spammers and pikeys are way down the list 

You should take notice of what he's said, he's trying to give us a bit of class, if we listen to him we might get there.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Nah, think I’ll just continue to find amusement in a chain smoker telling elite athletes what to do if it’s all the same to you.

Never quite got that notion, his job description is to run a team, not have elite fitness himself.

Simon Cowell can't sing for sh*t but doesn't change the fact he very much qualified to judge the quality of signers in the industry.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Never quite got that notion, his job description is to run a team, not have elite fitness himself.

Simon Cowell can't sing for sh*t but doesn't change the fact he very much qualified to judge the quality of signers in the industry.

I made a joke that Sarri, unlike Lampard and his coaching staff, wouldn't have been able to complete a 9k run. 

I think a few of you are taking it a bit too seriously. 

Simon Cowell knows f**k all About good music. The unemployable cry baby sh*t bags he has on his show couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket. Bottom feeder TV produced and watched by morons. 
Not that I have anything positive to say about Cowell and his music it is not about good music, it is about making music that sells and the new star known and liked. Brilliant money making system that. Hats off to the man for inventing such a thing. Ignore it if you don’t like it. I do.

On 29/07/2019 at 14:16, ForeverCarefree said:

I made a joke that Sarri, unlike Lampard and his coaching staff, wouldn't have been able to complete a 9k run. 

I think a few of you are taking it a bit too seriously. 

Well done on making Frank Lampards managerial thread look like an X Factor discussion thread. 

Looks like Frank took things from Sarri as well. Actually he said himself he needs to respect what Sarri did. What he has brought in we are much quicker in the attack than with Sarri. We don't wait for the opponent to congest the defence, we just penetrate dangerous area quickly. I think we play very much like Liverpool but unfortunately we lack of quality they have in defence and in attack.