Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

I feel as though the biggest problem Lampard and the team have currently is that we don't have a Plan A, we have a plan B,C & D and Lampard comes across very well when it comes to reacting to a certain situation in a game but if feels as though we are trying to fix a plane whilst flying.

I feel as though he wants to go with 4-2-3-1 but its leaving us very exposed defensively because we don't have wide players to offer us width, the fullbacks are instructed to offer us width which as a result means they keep getting caught upfield. What this means is in possession we look more like a 2-2-1-5 and the moment we get caught in possession we get stretched leaving holes between our CB's.

Personally I would revert to 4-3-3 and build from there as opposed to having a preferred formation of 4-2-3-1.

Frank isn't and shouldn't be immune to criticism on his team set up and decision making. 

So far this season it's been very poor and he has to either trust himself and his coaches to fix it or admit it's too soon for him. 

The board won't accept a poor season and rightly so after backing Frank to the hilt this season. 

I've been meaning to say this since last season but kept putting it of ,I wasn't overjoyed when frank got the job even though I loved him as a footballer ,I don't feel he is the man to take us forward.And as I said this isn't because we just lost,I just haven't felt the connection as I have with some of our managers. 

The biggest worry for me is that he has been in the job for over a year, and the last phrase you would use to describe is 'well drilled'. 

I think with the money spent, he has to get a season, unless it is heading for complete disaster. 

If the same problems persist, disjointed play, unorganised defence etc, then the club have to make a decision on whether another manager would do a better job with this set of players, or if will Lampard improve the team with more time and money.

Those questions are surely way down the line, the season is 3 games in. We really need a perfomance and a win at weekend 

You think about Conte and Sarri, they both had us well drilled. Every player knew what their job was and how to defend. Under frank, the same mistakes are happening every game. It’s not personnel, it’s defensive organisation. Also, stop changing the defence every game.

Please stop with the frank out. It’s not going to happen unless there a complete Jose meltdown

12 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

We should play 433, not many top teams play with a number 10 anymore. 

Without a doubt my biggest frustration. Our best performances under Frank have come in a 4-3-3. We’ve not looked good at all this season, defensive organisation has been woeful since Frank came in. We don’t have the worst defenders in the top 10 yet ended up with the worst goals against in the top 10 last year.

Too early to be calling for Franks head IMO, without being cliche we need to “trust the process” but if we get Ziyech, Pulisic fit and the performances don’t improve - questions will start to be asked of Frank. I feel like his game management has gone backwards since last year. After the restart last season, I thought Lamps decisions to change games were fantastic - I can’t say the same at the start of this season. 

6 minutes ago, Simon35 said:

Since I can't blame Lampard since he is English. I am just going to blame the players. Why can't the fans criticize Chelsea manager if they've seen no improvement? 

He holds a lot of respect from his playing days at the club not because he’s English. Criticise away - he needs to react quicker with tactical changes/subs when the opposition are dominating first and foremost. 

3 minutes ago, SlantyTown said:

Performances have now been consistently unacceptable for too long.

Frank has to go.

These are the only posts I’ve seen you make and you only joined a month ago. I’m not gonna slate you for your views as everyone’s entitled to them but surely you must be self aware enough to know how that looks?

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

These are the only posts I’ve seen you make and you only joined a month ago. I’m not gonna slate you for your views as everyone’s entitled to them but surely you must be self aware enough to know how that looks?

Just because they're the only ones you've seen me make, doesn't mean there haven't been any positive ones in support of individual players or the team. Please read up on my history and you'll find a collection of well informed and nuanced posts.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Without a doubt my biggest frustration. Our best performances under Frank have come in a 4-3-3. We’ve not looked good at all this season, defensive organisation has been woeful since Frank came in. We don’t have the worst defenders in the top 10 yet ended up with the worst goals against in the top 10 last year.

Too early to be calling for Franks head IMO, without being cliche we need to “trust the process” but if we get Ziyech, Pulisic fit and the performances don’t improve - questions will start to be asked of Frank. I feel like his game management has gone backwards since last year. After the restart last season, I thought Lamps decisions to change games were fantastic - I can’t say the same at the start of this season. 

Well said, you would also think knowing how poor we are in defence he would want an extra player in midfield. Number 10 is not an easy position to play either, having your back to goal alot. 433 would suit Mount alot more than 10, and Loftus Cheek and Barkley and Havertz.

3 minutes ago, SlantyTown said:

Just because they're the only ones you've seen me make, doesn't mean there haven't been any positive ones in support of individual players or the team. Please read up on my history and you'll find a collection of well informed and nuanced posts.

No need, just looked at your avatar and it tells me all I need to know.

His obsession with wanting Mount to be the next Frank Lampard will be his biggest downfall.

I'm not even talking about the penalty. 

The kid is being runned to the ground where there's absolutely no need to play every 90 minutes in this hectic schedule.

Everybody has their favorites but the boy is far away from a world-class footballer to be given this treatment.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

No need, just looked at your avatar and it tells me all I need to know.

Yes. Avatars are indeed a way of ascertaining whether a poster has contributed anything of value.

Simply looking at the ones on this page alone might have suggested that not everything has to be of a serious nature. Open your eyes, EB. I'm sure you're capable.