Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Summary:

• Mendy and Silva not fit, Mendy due to injury and Silva due to travel and short turnaround from International games
  • Ziyech will feature but wont start
  • Kepa decision will be made tomorrow (Whether he starts or not)
  • Chilwell and Tammy understand they've made mistakes, Lampard describes it as an innocent mistake
  • Lack of pre season has caused some of the weird results recently
  • Rudiger can work his way back into the starting 11, this is the same for all players in the squad
  • Happy for players to get game time at International level
  • Team still gelling and the relationships on & off the field are still developing

Good summary, but you missed out that Chilwell is in the squad and available, which is good news.

18 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Not sure if it's fake or not but read somewhere that Kante wanna go to Madrid cause of some fight with Lampard over some wedding or something...

Club denied it.. seemed like some good old stuff thr journos dmoking for that story..

as far as I know Kante has a family history due to which he returned late to training to avoid covid.. highly unlikely he will be clamouring to go to a wedding.

Time to go. 

West Brom was embarrassing, today was worse. We had a 2-0 lead and then a 3-2 lead and he has absolutely no idea how to close out a game. Utterly useless defensively and it’s going to get worse. 

Leave now as a legend with your head held high. I do not want to be slaying Frank Lampard every week - that doesn’t feel right at all but if this was any other manager right now they would be getting hounded. It’s sad even typing anything negative about frank and I don’t want our fans to be resenting him in charge of Chelsea. 

4 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Is it too early to say if we lose agains't Man Utd he is under big pressure?.

I might be the biggest Lampard-fan there is.

But he's already under pressure now. Two very tough away games coming up at Old Trafford and Burnley. I am never confident when we go to Old Trafford even with the best of form and Burnley is always tough. He needs to turn it around right now after the investments we've made in the summer.

Personally i'd give him this season almost regardless of how it goes and then evaluate after but i doubt the club will be that patient.

I also think the club is well aware a certain Mauricio is available.

Frank, you will always be a legend, you could relegate us this season, and you will still always be Chelsea royalty in my eyes...However as a manager, I am extremely worried.

Sadly, a lot of us deep down feared this when he first came in, and as defeatist as it sounds, I just cannot see him turning things around.

Edited by Eight Times

Just now, jack_super_class said:

Is it too early to say if we lose agains't Man Utd he is under big pressure?.

Yes. 

The new signings have barely played. Those signings are the ones who fix the problems from today. 

We already know Zouma and Christensen aren't good enough individually and definitely as a centre back pairing. 

That Zouma back pass was criminal and gave Southampton the confidence to push us for 90 minutes. 

Silva has only been here 5 minutes and already he's an automatic pick despite having 5 centre backs to choose from. 

We all know Kepa is pony. He's rounded so easily for the first and once again gets beat by a fairly tame shot from outside the area. Mendy is by no means a world class keeper but he's walking straight back into the starting XI once fit. 

The amount of individual errors the defence makes is ridiculous... All the coaching in the world once you step out on the pitch it's up to you as a player to be the best you can be... Our defenders and goalkeeper today aren't capable of that. 

Until Lampard has a run of games where he can pick the best XI it's going to be hard to judge his successes and failings. 

Just now, Sindre said:

I might be the biggest Lampard-fan there is.

But he's already under pressure now. Two very tough away games coming up at Old Trafford and Burnley. I am never confident when we go to Old Trafford even with the best of form and Burnley is always tough. He needs to turn it around right now after the investments we've made in the summer.

Personally i'd give him this season almost regardless of how it goes and then evaluate after but i doubt the club will be that patient.

I also think the club is well aware a certain Mauricio is available.

The only worrying thing is, if we don't make the top four, and looking at how Everton and Arsenal have improved, that's possible.  Early days though, so who knows. KTBFFH.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yes. 

The new signings have barely played. Those signings are the ones who fix the problems from today. 

We already know Zouma and Christensen aren't good enough individually and definitely as a centre back pairing. 

That Zouma back pass was criminal and gave Southampton the confidence to push us for 90 minutes. 

Silva has only been here 5 minutes and already he's an automatic pick despite having 5 centre backs to choose from. 

We all know Kepa is pony. He's rounded so easily for the first and once again gets beat by a fairly tame shot from outside the area. Mendy is by no means a world class keeper but he's walking straight back into the starting XI once fit. 

The amount of individual errors the defence makes is ridiculous... All the coaching in the world once you step out on the pitch it's up to you as a player to be the best you can be... Our defenders and goalkeeper today aren't capable of that. 

Until Lampard has a run of games where he can pick the best XI it's going to be hard to judge his successes and failings. 

That's made me feel a bit better. Fingers crossed my friend.

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yes we do. But at this point i am going to start blaming Lampard for playing him. Because Willy is at least a capable goalkeeper and can do a job every now and then.
Yet it seems like Lampard is keen to give Kepa fifty chances to prove just how sh*t he is excactly. He's the manager and he makes the choices and he needs to make sure Kepa is nowhere near the field at any given time. It should be so bloody obvious at this point.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Yes we do. But at this point i am going to start blaming Lampard for playing him. Because Willy is at least a capable goalkeeper and can do a job every now and then.
Yet it seems like Lampard is keen to give Kepa fifty chances to prove just how sh*t he is excactly. He's the manager and he makes the choices and he needs to make sure Kepa is nowhere near the field at any given time. It should be so bloody obvious at this point.

Willy is not better than Kepa. 

As bad as Kepa is at the moment, he's still a better pick over Willy and he at least has age on his side so there's a chance he could play out of his bad form.

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

But Willy isn't really any better than Kepa, he's not reliable and makes a lot of silly errors himself. 

It's Sophie's choice really.

End of the day Kepa is the £70m investment and it's within our interests to make that work. 

1 minute ago, Remodez said:

As bad as Kepa is at the moment, he's still a better pick over Willy and he at least has age on his side so there's a chance he could play out of his bad form.

At the moment? How long can a "moment" last would be my question in that case because Kepa has been sh*t for Lampards entire reign.

It's not bad form, he's a horrible goalkeeper with exactly 0 redeeming qualities.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

It honestly makes no sense at this point and beginning to think it’s either club politics because of his price tag or frank blindly still has hope in him. It seems like every time frank drops him he gives him a “chance”.

I can excuse the disjointed football, because of the new signings, and lack of preseason.

But the tactics, and in game management today was really poor. 

Why start mount out wide, when CHO has been doing well? Especially with no Kovacic on the bench, we are then very light on midfield options. 

2nd half we were sloppy from the 1st minute, and it was clear the midfield were struggling, but he didnt change anything. Then he hooks mount for Ziyech, which made us even more lightweight. 

Defensively we are very weak, but Lampard isnt setting us up to even remotely protect the back 4, sometimes the firepower up top will be enough, but we need balance. Other days, when there are tired legs after internationals, we need to be solid and difficult to play against. 

At the moment we look vulnerable in every game.

We are still a new squad but I can't help to feel that it's a mistake to not play CHO from the start, Mount had a poor game and because of Mount, Pulisic spent way too much time on the right side where he isn't as effective.

im a big admirer of Frank and one result has'nt changed that. However i do feel he has failed to address the all important frailties that we could all see from last season, our inability to defend.

Obviously Chilwell is an improvement but the fact that he only brought in one Central defender to mend our Achilles heel, will i have no doubts, haunt him all season. Yes Thiago will improve our central defence, but we'll be lucky given his age and international duties if he plays 60% of matches for us.

That leaves possibly 40% of matches with the defence we had today, agreed you can take out Kepa when Mendy is fit, but im afraid that is still going to give me Nightmares.

You can say what you like about closing out games and that Frank has no plan B, but when you keep conceding goals from schoolboy errors you need to change the personel, and he's known that all transfer window.

8 minutes ago, Remodez said:

Ridiculous. Age means nothing to GKs. 

Kepa is a sh*t goalkeeper for the Prem because he:

Is 10cms too short

Lacks the courage to attack any loose balls

Does not intimidate anyone

Dives like an amateur (zero explosiveness, zero arm strength)

Has no commanding presence at all

Poor positioning 

Poor long passes

Slow reaction time at the top level.

Seriously, what is Kepa's redeeming feature. I honestly want to know. 

27 minutes ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

im a big admirer of Frank and one result has'nt changed that. However i do feel he has failed to address the all important frailties that we could all see from last season, our inability to defend.

Obviously Chilwell is an improvement but the fact that he only brought in one Central defender to mend our Achilles heel, will i have no doubts, haunt him all season. Yes Thiago will improve our central defence, but we'll be lucky given his age and international duties if he plays 60% of matches for us.

That leaves possibly 40% of matches with the defence we had today, agreed you can take out Kepa when Mendy is fit, but im afraid that is still going to give me Nightmares.

You can say what you like about closing out games and that Frank has no plan B, but when you keep conceding goals from schoolboy errors you need to change the personel, and he's known that all transfer window.

This is the key that could spell the end for Lamps if he doesn't address the issue soon.

I think today he underestimated Southampton and you cannot do that. Saints have looked poor this season but we all know how we struggle against the lesser sides. He probably thought he could afford to leave out Silva and Mendy and keep them for the upcoming CL game and United next week, but boy that has cost us today. 

I so want lamps to succeed - of course ALL Chelsea fans do, but if we can't learn and keep conceding goals against the likes of West Brom and Southampton, then the pressure is going to mount. Will need a massive performance against united next week - no doubt the pressure will be on both Lamps and OGS not to lose that game badly.

Edited by Nibs