Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Think this is a good tweet highlighting some of the issue with our pressing. It's been an issue since the start and clearly it still is.
For the high press to work you need to act as one cohesive unit and we often leave massive gaps between defence and midfield.

We had these same tactical issues last season and they still haven't been fix, new players can't find tactically shortcomings.
You can drive two double decker buses between the lines 

“Chelsea have conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game in the Premier League under Lampard (63 in 43 games), the Blues' worst rate under any boss to oversee more than one game in the competition.”

I’m not calling for anyone’s head, but I think the coaching team and the manager need to prioritize this issue. It’s obvious this team can become an attacking force,  but this problem is over a year old now and it should of been solved especially with 2 windows passed now. The decision to keep faith in Kepa may come back to haunt both club and manager sooner than later.

I will allow Frank time to get all the players fit and ready for selection but I have to say, the early signs are worrying, The last season's defensive woes are still there and we keep leaking goals. It can't go on like this, or he'll be out of the job before the end of the year.

8 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

You will never have ALL players fit. 

But yes, Frank deserve a run of games before any decision is made.

I'm fairly sure there are times during a season when a manager has everyone available for selection and no fresh injuries to report.

3 hours ago, Sindre said:

Sounds like Van Dijk has done his ACL and will miss the rest of the season.

In that case the title race should be wide open this season. Shame if we can't manage to be in that but hopefully we can get this turned around.

Thought you were gonna say even with only one good knee he’d still be better than what we’ve got 😂🤣🤣

We have been unlucky when it comes to injuries in the recent years. But there is no time to look back, the squad needs to look forward and keep working to improve.

As much as our defense is bad I really admired our 3rd goal there, we just conceded but the mentality and execution from Pulisic, Werner and Kai was amazing, for me that was our best team attack in the recent few years that I have seen*, part from a Willian goal after a few backheel passes from some seasons ago that was really an amazing counter attack that involved many players.

Lampard is still trying to figure things out but keep in mind, we don't get to have these players without Lampard, specially not Kai and Timo.

*I wish someone had a gif of that goal.

Edited by Gol15

2 hours ago, General said:

“Chelsea have conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game in the Premier League under Lampard (63 in 43 games), the Blues' worst rate under any boss to oversee more than one game in the competition.”

I’m not calling for anyone’s head, but I think the coaching team and the manager need to prioritize this issue. It’s obvious this team can become an attacking force,  but this problem is over a year old now and it should of been solved especially with 2 windows passed now. The decision to keep faith in Kepa may come back to haunt both club and manager sooner than later.

He's not keeping faith with Kepa, he's replaced him, he's only got back in because the new guy is injured.

2 hours ago, abramovich said:

I will allow Frank time to get all the players fit and ready for selection but I have to say, the early signs are worrying, The last season's defensive woes are still there and we keep leaking goals. It can't go on like this, or he'll be out of the job before the end of the year.

Small sample size but it's looked promosing with Mendy and Silva, or even just Mendy.

15 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Stopping penalties, about the only thing he’s been good at. 

He had 1 good penalty shootout. Honestly speaking, the penalty he saves are the ones the kicker tries to be cute and aim it at the center. 

Anyone worth his salt should just hit it top corner, Kepa won't reach those.

Edited by Deino

It is really worrying, can't just blame individual's mistakes for costing us goals and game week in week out. Why is is everytime Zouma/Chritensen play together, it looked like they never played together before? Second half we were just flat, no rhythm or work rate, so whatever happened or didn't happen in the half time talk did Nothing for the team. We got the the third goal, then stuck in 2 modes as whether to go for the clincher or hold on. Got Ziyech on to try to see out the game was never going to be easy, his game time will come, so why play him when we aren't going for the goal? Lampard' lack of experience is counting against him, sure he can't sign players for now, but surely he could use some help from more experienced coaches? Right now, the defence is wore than what it was 12 months ago

Oh my God, the gall of some people to say Frank deserves a run of games. He's had over 50! 

So glad we have a board that won't wait till he's had 500. The deserved sack will come. He doesn't know what he's doing. 

I make bold to say that this season with the players we have, any of our last 3 managers would give it a real go for the title. 

The players he has, the transfer ban and his willingness to integrate our youth have blinded some to his shortcomings as a manager. 

"keep in mind, we don't get these players without Lampard" is such a ridiculous and nonsensical statement. 

Getting such players is what managers are meant to try to do. No matter how much they try it doesn't happen without the club making it, BY PAYING above what other competing clubs will and what will be agreeable to the selling club and player. 

Selling a vision should be basic if you have the money that will back you. It's almost like pulling up to the club in a Murcielago v the bloke that comes in his S class. He only takes her home if your game is weak af. 

10 hours ago, Gol15 said:

We have been unlucky when it comes to injuries in the recent years. But there is no time to look back, the squad needs to look forward and keep working to improve.

As much as our defense is bad I really admired our 3rd goal there, we just conceded but the mentality and execution from Pulisic, Werner and Kai was amazing, for me that was our best team attack in the recent few years that I have seen*, part from a Willian goal after a few backheel passes from some seasons ago that was really an amazing counter attack that involved many players.

Lampard is still trying to figure things out but keep in mind, we don't get to have these players without Lampard, specially not Kai and Timo.

*I wish someone had a gif of that goal.

At this level players are driven by two major factors: ambition to win and money. I'm not buying into the whole 'I signed because of the manager' nonsense, this is just a thing players say when they join a new club. Sure, Frank's phone conversations with Timo, Kai or Hakim probably reassured them of how important they were going to be in the way their new team will be set up to play, but the reality is, in this business managers come and go fairly often while star players sign long term contracts and outlast most managers. Werner or Havertz weren't born yesterday, they know Frank may be in charge for the next five years but it's much more likely he'll be gone long before that. And as much as they may like him as a person and respect his career as a footballer, if things don't improve on the pitch, where it matters, at some point down the line privately they'll be in favour of replacing him with someone who can improve the situation. 

Players sign for the club known for its ambition, winning history and wealth. And for the foreigners living in London is also probably a factor. That's about it. The rest is just a few words to please the fans.

Edited by abramovich

3 hours ago, abister1 said:

Oh my God, the gall of some people to say Frank deserves a run of games. He's had over 50! 

So glad we have a board that won't wait till he's had 500. The deserved sack will come. He doesn't know what he's doing. 

I make bold to say that this season with the players we have, any of our last 3 managers would give it a real go for the title. 

The players he has, the transfer ban and his willingness to integrate our youth have blinded some to his shortcomings as a manager. 

So let me get this straight - you see 50 games, during broken seasons where fitness and training time have been difficult to manage due to a few factors - which are both imperative to improving the system and ironing out errors. A manager who has unified the fans, squad and youth teams ; who achieved his goals last season, above expectations and you're calling others 'blind'? Not one reasonable fan will deny that he has shortcomings and lacks experience, but I'm along for the ride and it will only stand him and the club in good stead as long as expectations are being met come the end of the season. I hope the board show some steel, which they seem more inclined to do, and ignore the shouts from moronic fans.

I think we personally lack an experienced assistant manager to ASSIST Lampard. We can all see the way the defense is set up and that the pressing is carried out does not work. Only Lampard and his bakroom staff think its ok the way we are set up.

We lack someone like the late Mr Ray wilkins a Steve Holland or Steve Clarke. Someone older with experience that Lampard will listen to and respect. Personally I would love to have Dennis Wise. He was a fiery character and one of my favourite Chelsea players of all time. He will kick someones ass if he has to lol. 

I think Lampard has alot of great qualities to be an exceptional manager but we need to give him time aswell to make it right.