Jump to content

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*


Recommended Posts


18 minutes ago, Paddy said:

As a matter of interest and if you can be arsed to answer - its not meant to be a trick question btw  - what was your view of Scolari and also of De Matteo ?

You may argue that Scolari had won the WC in 2002 with Brazil...and while De Matteo won CL in 2012 in reality it was more of the team winning it more than him...remember JT coaching on the touchline behind his back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

You may argue that Scolari had won the WC in 2002 with Brazil...and while De Matteo won CL in 2012 in reality it was more of the team winning it more than him...remember JT coaching on the touchline behind his back?

Thanks. 

I find it interesting that Scolari as the experienced manager failed in only 8 months , whereas RDM, the inexperienced manager, failed in about 16 , gaining the CL trophy on route ?

I never felt either appointment was correct at the time and I tend to agree that the CL success was as much to do with Gary Neville’s prophecy of ‘its written in the stars” as anything else?

However, Frank seems to have that something about him, as Ashwin said, players seem to want to play for him, he’s intelligent, articulate, commands respect etc and knows football - I find him quite inspirational and, being half way through his original 3 year contract, I would imagine that he will be talking to Maria about his new and extended contract very shortly.

Now if you’ve got your managers mixed up and your talking about a Norwegian in the North West ...................:laugh2:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Thanks. 

I find it interesting that Scolari as the experienced manager failed in only 8 months , whereas RDM, the inexperienced manager, failed in about 16 , gaining the CL trophy on route ?

I never felt either appointment was correct at the time and I tend to agree that the CL success was as much to do with Gary Neville’s prophecy of ‘its written in the stars” as anything else?

However, Frank seems to have that something about him, as Ashwin said, players seem to want to play for him, he’s intelligent, articulate, commands respect etc and knows football - I find him quite inspirational and, being half way through his original 3 year contract, I would imagine that he will be talking to Maria about his new and extended contract very shortly.

Now if you’ve got your managers mixed up and your talking about a Norwegian in the North West ...................:laugh2:

 

The analogies between Solskjaer and Lampard is quite interesting...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

He's doing well. I've still got my doubts about his ability to control and win the big games, but with the squad we have and with more experience hopefully he can continue to evolve as a manager.

Well he beat every top 6 team in his first season last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest, how long do folks that want another manager in give Lampard?  I saw 5 years being bandied about, so if Frank is into the 2nd year of his 5 years, are we giving him 3 more after this one?  

Assuming that is the case, what is the minimum he would have to deliver between now and then?  Personally, if you could tell me, seeing as we are using Klopp as an example, we gave Lampard 5 years total, and at the end of that he'd have delivered a CL title and a PL title, I'd be completely fine with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I wonder how many barca fans railed against guardiola and how many madrid fans argued against zidane. 

Not sure many are railing against him. For mine I'm happy for him to be given time to grow and evolve his approach, which he needs to do.

We've seen that growth this year already with our defence starting tighten up. I remain to be convinced that he is 100% the guy who'll win us our next PL/CL but it is better than having Sarri here by about a million percent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

But he's only won 3 out of 7 games in PL this season...and the wins were Palace, Brighton and Burnley...

And we're still just outside the top 4... We had a rough start the same as everyone else. The Southampton game was f**ked due to Kepa, he made two individual mistakes. We got a 0-0 at Old Trafford which is a good result. We lost to Liverpool but still gave them a good game. 

Put things into context instead of just looking at it on paper. Currently we are doing well, since Mendy has came, results have been good, so have performances. A bit null in attack at times but we're getting there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dkw said:

And won the exact same amount of trophies. He bombed the title when it was harder to lose it, no thanks.

I think this is wrong tbf, you're right about Poch but the title? If I remember correctly, Spurs were far behind anyway. They just had the only chance to catch up to them compared to everyone else until we ended it at the Bridge. 

Leicester had a comfortable lead that whole season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think this is wrong tbf, you're right about Poch but the title? If I remember correctly, Spurs were far behind anyway. They just had the only chance to catch up to them compared to everyone else until we ended it at the Bridge. 

Leicester had a comfortable lead that whole season. 

Yes, and they were fighting to win the title with a two goal advantage and they f**ked it up, even with all the help of their friend the referee. And that’s what this lad is basically saying of Frank Lampard, that he’s naive and lost points to Southampton and West Brom, while he’s at the same time advocating for a coach that has bottled it every time that has  counted. It makes no sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, and they were fighting to win the title with a two goal advantage and they f**ked it up, even with all the help of their friend the referee. And that’s what this lad is basically saying of Frank Lampard, that he’s naive and lost points to Southampton and West Brom, while he’s at the same time advocating for a coach that has bottled it every time that has  counted. It makes no sense. 

I just didn't agree with the part "he bombed the title when it was harder to lose it", they were pretty way off anyway, that's why when they lost that game against us, Leicester won the league. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Coxy15 said:

Havent been on this forum for a while. Certainly expected more positivity towards Frank! The last few games have shown real signs of promise and our defensive woes have disappeared since Kepa went out of the side... Not hard to work out how bad he was for us

You should've seen it when we lost to Spurs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!