Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

Just quietly Pochettino is the suckers appointment by United if they decide to go that way. Appointing him 3 years too late. 

Nagelsmann is the bloke you want to go for. 

As for us, criteria remains the same - make the top four and keep the team moving in the right direction. No discussion at all about a change in my view. 

On 06/11/2020 at 11:04, doctorblue said:

top clubs shouldn't be experimenting with inexperienced managers even those that were club legends. 

So by that logic Barca should never have appointed Pep and Madrid shouldn't have appointed Zidane? 

I've become so accustomed to wanting my team to score another instantly after we go 1 goal up. But this game, I was comfortable being 2-1, you could just see in the team we weren't flapping, we were still creating chances and were solid at the back. Eventually a goal came, then another one. HUGE difference from last season,. 

Well done Lampard and boys. Beginning to see what I've been wanting to see which is lessons learnt from previous experiences. 

Mainly the transition between attacking and defending seems to be getting better balanced with every game. 

I think he can now push on to achieve his potential if current progression continues. Well done. 

Edited by abister1
Spell error
7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So by that logic Barca should never have appointed Pep and Madrid shouldn't have appointed Zidane? 

I never understand when people make that argument especially against Frank and call him a championship manager. Every manager starts somewhere it’s not as if they all started managing with trophies. 

Starting to come together nicely now for Lampard. Hopefully players can stay injury free during the international break and don't come back late needing to rest when our fixtures resume. 

Fixtures are going to come thick and fast after the break so keeping players fit is going to be a big challenge and we may just benefit from having such a large squad. 

33 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I never understand when people make that argument especially against Frank and call him a championship manager. Every manager starts somewhere it’s not as if they all started managing with trophies. 

Also on another note Derby have completely collapsed since Frank has left them, last season were in midtable and now are rock bottom with 1 win out of 11.

Thrilled for Frank.  I was on him earlier this season as was seeing similar patterns, but the quality was not there.  Really impressed how he has adapted formation and approach in all areas.  4-3-3 with this group of players has struck a balance we haven't seen for some time - probably Conte's shift to 3-4-3 (although I'd argue Frank's 4-3-3 is more fun).

He is learning quickly also.  Keep going Frank - this is a joy to watch and we all root for you.

Slowly coming together and we looked like a good team with every game, to think 2-3 weeks ago people were calling for his head and wanted us to lose another game so he could be gone🤣 We looked to have good scoring options in the final third, solid midfield, well organized back line. Not saying we are a top team now, but we are the form team and I doubt  many teams want to play against us. Again, International break couldn't come at a worse time for us, but we should be much better than last break even if we miss 2-3 players after the break.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:35, The Brit said:

As I’ve said before, chelsea were always going to get off to a slow start. So to be just four points off top spot after six games is a real positive as far as I’m concerned. If we are still being inconsistent in a few months then it’s time to put Lampard under closer scrutiny. Anyone doing it now needs to give their head a wobble

mmmm...not sure the doommongers, the impatient ones, the lampard out brigade, deserve to enjoy what's happening now...early days still and I worry if silva gets an injury...but there are genuine reasons to be excited. Scoring plenty of goals, conceding a lot less...just a shame the international break has got in the way just as things are really clicking

Frank did a great job in his first season.

I was worried at how he would handle us defensively in the first few games this season. He's starting to turn it around. I think he's grown remarkably in the last few games. Credit to him. Last season, we would have dropped points yesterday. All our signings have integrated well.

Reece James, Mason Mount and Tammy have been fantastic so far. Lampard can take credit for all three. Reece James especially. What a player he's turning in to. 

It's a good time to be a Chelsea fan. 

On 06/11/2020 at 09:48, JM7 said:

Looking at the way the results have panned out since the United game, do you think Frank was right to play it safe for a draw or do you think we should have risked it and been slightly more attacking? 

I think united were there for the taking but frank got it right overall

I watched some of the Everton game yesterday and it was close though thy could not handle United's forwards.

I feel now with Silva getting his feet established in the EPL we might go toe to toe with them to win the result though think Frank took the right decision at the time.

16 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Slowly coming together and we looked like a good team with every game, to think 2-3 weeks ago people were calling for his head and wanted us to lose another game so he could be gone🤣 We looked to have good scoring options in the final third, solid midfield, well organized back line. Not saying we are a top team now, but we are the form team and I doubt  many teams want to play against us. Again, International break couldn't come at a worse time for us, but we should be much better than last break even if we miss 2-3 players after the break.

Where are these naysayers now? Hopefully left this forum.

I think football is a results business rest everything people say is meaningless.. and frankly SFL exceeded expectations last season.. so all the people on here about 5 years/6 years away from Chelsea level are talking stuff they don’t know about.. experience is overrated .. look at Zidane

if you watch pool they hardly play intricate football .. More than 50 percent of the possession is long.. goals they score is usually counter attacks/set pieces .. and they try to finish clinically.. I am not knocking them down but they hardly play exhilarating football.. 

Edited by Jangz