Jump to content

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*


Recommended Posts

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/hasenhuttl-perfect-audition-replace-solskjaer-or-lampard/1oc8k3gwtzgts1wrd0c2o4jydn

another piece of trash... i wonder why these absolute small time so called journos manage to crawl out everytime there is an international break. i am sure their bosses cajole them into writing such sh*t because no sane person would post such dross....

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Now look at us - feel like we could turn almost any players head to be part of this group. 

I think you have a point there - yet another article/interview has come out from one of the new guys (Thiago Silva) emphatically stating that Lampard is the reason they joined the club: https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/11/10/21558024/thiago-silva-it-is-a-source-of-pride-to-be-coached-by-frank-lampard-at-chelsea

 

"Lampard (and/or Cech) are the reason I joined Chelsea" as a statement upon joining the club is starting to become our equivalent of "Liverpool are a massive club... I supported them as a boy."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2020 at 17:51, Jangz said:

I think football is a results business rest everything people say is meaningless.. and frankly SFL exceeded expectations last season.. so all the people on here about 5 years/6 years away from Chelsea level are talking stuff they don’t know about.. experience is overrated .. look at Zidane

if you watch pool they hardly play intricate football .. More than 50 percent of the possession is long.. goals they score is usually counter attacks/set pieces .. and they try to finish clinically.. I am not knocking them down but they hardly play exhilarating football.. 

 

The results point is true though when you have won a number of trophies it becomes less about winning and then more about winning with some style.

I guess the latter is what we are trying to achieve under Frank though there will come a point if we get no silverware then a change would be required.

My guess is if Frank does not deliver silverware this season we will get a new manager next season, that would be harsh if we have qualified for the CL but it matches the ambition of our owner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The results point is true though when you have won a number of trophies it becomes less about winning and then more about winning with some style.

I guess the latter is what we are trying to achieve under Frank though there will come a point if we get no silverware then a change would be required.

My guess is if Frank does not deliver silverware this season we will get a new manager next season, that would be harsh if we have qualified for the CL but it matches the ambition of our owner. 

Not so sure about that Strider - the rest of this season to deliver the PL or CL , it just seems too short a time frame for me ? 

I obviously don’t know Frank, but he has always come across as a sharp lad - he has be fully aware of how RA operates, after all he’s got first hand knowledge of the hiring and firing that’s gone at Chelsea, so I can’t help but think that he would have sold a vision to the board and demanded windows for recruitment with delivery over 2/3 seasons - he seems to use Klopp’s achievement over a similar period as his bench mark - well he quotes it often enough?

I would like to think that he has next summers transfer window to further improve the squad with a view to being in the position to win the PL 21/22 or 22/23 - of course if we are struggling and playing sh*te football then all bets are off.

I may be wrong but can’t believe he wouldn’t have made a few ‘demands’, after all, I’m guessing again, this is more about achieving for Frank than the money ??

Edited by Paddy
Link to post
Share on other sites

From how Lampard has spoken, my instinct is also that he'll get until next season to win something - so long as we show an improvement upon last season (ie, top 4, reduce gap to the top). Our transfer policy seems to have shifted, too. 

In fact, I would imagine Klopp at Liverpool is probably what we're looking at emulating. He was given quite a while to get them right to the top, and the final push for this was them bringing is several starters for the first team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The results point is true though when you have won a number of trophies it becomes less about winning and then more about winning with some style.

I guess the latter is what we are trying to achieve under Frank though there will come a point if we get no silverware then a change would be required.

My guess is if Frank does not deliver silverware this season we will get a new manager next season, that would be harsh if we have qualified for the CL but it matches the ambition of our owner. 

That should not be the case and I hope it isn't, you can win trophies but still he doing a sh*t job (Arteta, late era Wenger) and be doing a good job but not winning trophies (Klopp circa 15-18). 

The only piece of silverware you can really use to measure progress/a manager's ability is the league, many average-poor managers have won domestic cups and even CL's/Euro's/world cups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Argo said:

That should not be the case and I hope it isn't, you can win trophies but still he doing a sh*t job (Arteta, late era Wenger) and be doing a good job but not winning trophies (Klopp circa 15-18). 

The only piece of silverware you can really use to measure progress/a manager's ability is the league, many average-poor managers have won domestic cups and even CL's/Euro's/world cups.

I'm not arguing on the fairness case, I just think Roman's business brain will kick in and look for change.

Of course if Frank delivers silverware, League or FA then no problem yet for some reason I don't see Lampard winning anything this season though do believe we will get to 4th and again qualify for the CL.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure I read on The Athletic that Lampard presented the Chelsea Board a 3 year plan which was :

Year 1: Stability

Year 2: Integration

Year 3: Challenge

I think we are in the Integration phase and so far he is meeting/exceeding expectations in terms of delivering CL Football in Year 1 and secondly helping in securing a number of world class talents, I dont think he will get the sack if he doesnt win anything this year unless we are meandering lower/Mid table after Christmas.

He has shown that he clearly is not out of his depth & as a Chelsea fan I dont remember when was the last time I was this pleased with the direction the club is going in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I am pretty sure I read on The Athletic that Lampard presented the Chelsea Board a 3 year plan which was :

Year 1: Stability

Year 2: Integration

Year 3: Challenge

I think we are in the Integration phase and so far he is meeting/exceeding expectations in terms of delivering CL Football in Year 1 and secondly helping in securing a number of world class talents, I dont think he will get the sack if he doesnt win anything this year unless we are meandering lower/Mid table after Christmas.

He has shown that he clearly is not out of his depth & as a Chelsea fan I dont remember when was the last time I was this pleased with the direction the club is going in. 

That plan would make sense to must of us perhaps excepting Talal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The results point is true though when you have won a number of trophies it becomes less about winning and then more about winning with some style.

I guess the latter is what we are trying to achieve under Frank though there will come a point if we get no silverware then a change would be required.

My guess is if Frank does not deliver silverware this season we will get a new manager next season, that would be harsh if we have qualified for the CL but it matches the ambition of our owner. 

We may be more patient with frank if we run the eventual winners close and reach later stages of the UCL.. i think most clubs and their boards realise that the gap between the bottom and the tom teams are reducing and hence this league is becoming very unpredicatable and i dont think you can measure performance on winning the UCL. Look at pep he has failed to win ucl in his last two stints..

my issue with the article was around the assumptions of how chelsea seem to be team where there are no patterns of play or no tactical instructions being passed on to players..  and some of the other points which seemed bizarre.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/11/2020 at 10:54, Jangz said:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/hasenhuttl-perfect-audition-replace-solskjaer-or-lampard/1oc8k3gwtzgts1wrd0c2o4jydn

another piece of trash... i wonder why these absolute small time so called journos manage to crawl out everytime there is an international break. i am sure their bosses cajole them into writing such sh*t because no sane person would post such dross....

Since it's the international break they have to fill their sh*tty websites with crappy content to go along with ad after ad. And why not say that Lampard is on the hot seat bc why would a journo actually take the time to see what is going on at Chelsea? Bc if they did, it would be clear that mentioning Lampard as being replaced potentially is asinine to say the least. These crap pot websites just recycle old stories without doing half brained amount of work.

Edited by chiefBlueCFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm not arguing on the fairness case, I just think Roman's business brain will kick in and look for change.

Of course if Frank delivers silverware, League or FA then no problem yet for some reason I don't see Lampard winning anything this season though do believe we will get to 4th and again qualify for the CL.

Happy to be proved wrong.

For arguments sake if we get to the FA Cup final and Frank's future depends on that result then i'd be incredibly worried about our long term future as that would be a beyond incompetent way of running the club.

Edited by Argo
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hessleboink said:

From how Lampard has spoken, my instinct is also that he'll get until next season to win something - so long as we show an improvement upon last season (ie, top 4, reduce gap to the top). Our transfer policy seems to have shifted, too. 

In fact, I would imagine Klopp at Liverpool is probably what we're looking at emulating. He was given quite a while to get them right to the top, and the final push for this was them bringing is several starters for the first team. 

As he should.

This is a big project. You can't sign that many key players and expect to win things straight away, integration is what's important right now. People who keep bringing up a price tag need to cool down their expectations. We spent over 200 million, but in that process we signed 6 key players, Mendy, Silva, Chilwell, Kai, Ziyech and Werner. On top of that, we've still got plenty of young players breaking through and are still getting their straps, Mount, James, Tomori, Abraham, Pulisic and CHO. 

Klopps project took time, it took player by player. Pep walked into a really strong side, experienced, already won the league, key players in the spine, and spent money on fullbacks and wingers, then won it in his 2nd and 3rd season. 

So as excited as I am about this season currently, I'm still keeping my expectations low. I don't think the league title is going to be within our reach come the end of the season, and that's fine. As long as we make some real progress this season, and we look strong and capable of going into the next with a full mounted challenge. Even if Frank isn't the man for this job, and he gets the boot, any manager would love to walk into this side with the quality we've got right now. So positives, this transfer market looked like a good one so far, for that I'm very happy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My initial worry is how Frank was going to adapt his tactics to suit the team. The early losses and draws seem to stem more from individual mistakes.

Changes in personnel have really helped this team to go forward. So far I am liking the change. 

What Frank can do better is his in-game subs. Maybe rotate them better or give more chances to some players depending on the flow of the game.

Excited!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/11/2020 at 16:54, Jangz said:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/hasenhuttl-perfect-audition-replace-solskjaer-or-lampard/1oc8k3gwtzgts1wrd0c2o4jydn

another piece of trash... i wonder why these absolute small time so called journos manage to crawl out everytime there is an international break. i am sure their bosses cajole them into writing such sh*t because no sane person would post such dross....

Wait, they’re seriously suggesting Ralph Rabbit-Hutch as a replacement because his normally dire Scumhampton side have hit a bit of a purple patch?

Even if their form isn’t temporary and he is The Messiah he’s still had nearly two seasons now to build his side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank has hit upon the winning formula, 4-3-3 with Kante back in his best role. With Havertz & Pulisic back the options will be scary, but alas injuries will happen due to schedule so the squad size plays real importance. Like the way he’s handled Rüdiger tried to bin him, seen the bloke do ok with Germany  bar one performance, had a sit down and word with him and now he’s looking ok on the left when given a chance. The teams recent defensive record is now one of envy not pity, and this threads nay sayers have all evaporated into the ether. Happy Days roll on Rennes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the current system we are playing, I feel as though this is our strongest team so far. 

                 Mendy
James-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell
                  Kante
            Havertz-Mount
      Ziyech-Werner-Pulisic

A very attacking oriented team but it looks like it's just too much for most sides in the Premier League to handle, we play really well with this setup. Ziyech roaming deep or cutting inside with James on the overlap is deadly, on top of that you've got Havertz and Mount in the middle with Havertz running into the box. Then Pulisic when fit and on form is in a league on his own, he loves it down that side. 

We should comfortably get top 4 with that setup if we can keep our players fit and healthy. Obviously this comes with rotating the likes of Abraham/Giroud/Kovacic/Jorginho/Azpi/CHO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Given the current system we are playing, I feel as though this is our strongest team so far. 

                 Mendy
James-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell
                  Kante
            Havertz-Mount
      Ziyech-Werner-Pulisic

A very attacking oriented team but it looks like it's just too much for most sides in the Premier League to handle, we play really well with this setup. Ziyech roaming deep or cutting inside with James on the overlap is deadly, on top of that you've got Havertz and Mount in the middle with Havertz running into the box. Then Pulisic when fit and on form is in a league on his own, he loves it down that side. 

We should comfortably get top 4 with that setup if we can keep our players fit and healthy. Obviously this comes with rotating the likes of Abraham/Giroud/Kovacic/Jorginho/Azpi/CHO. 

Absolutely spot on,I get the feeling this team is going places and I haven't felt that for along time we all need something  to excite us in these times

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Its great to be top of the table for a few hours.

Bear in mind we have recently played Burney, Sheffield and Newcastle all in the bottom half.

Spurs should give us a better idea of progress. 

I think we are clear favorites to win Spurs, but then again I might be underestimating them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tottonblue said:

Absolutely spot on,I get the feeling this team is going places and I haven't felt that for along time we all need something  to excite us in these times

Good things on the horizon. Like I said, even if Frank isn't the man for the job, any top gaffer in the world would love to come here with this talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!