Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

Sack or Back ???  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

They would be 5 points ahead of us if it wasn't for a brain fart against west ham. You are 100% underestimating them. 

yeah and had we not given up a 3 goal lead we would have been still ahead of them.. Yes they are a good team.. but i think we have more quality than them and playing better football.. if we get the first goal we should dominate the match.. on the other hand if they get the first goal it would be a grind.. Mou has turned them into a counter attacking team and a really good one at that.. but going by how we set up against Utd earlier this season.. i dont think we will be as fool hardy/arrogant as city to play with such a highline.

Also i do think for both the goals..ederson was very reckles.. in both the instances the scorers Son/LeCelso had a lot to do and there was no need for the keeper to rush out.. the defenders were putting pressure and taking them wide.. Absolute brain farts by the GK if you ask me..

2 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Hope the ref picks up early on the dirty bastards.

on the other hand i think we should target Serge Aurier.. get him a bit riled up.. he loses his temperament very quickly.. always a candidate for a red. I also hope SIlva is fit.. with kane dropping deep in their current system.. i have no trust in Rudi reading the situation on when to follow him and when to stay with the line - passing him to the Midfielders... Kane dropping deep seems to have unhinged Son and Bergjwin/Bale.. we have to watch for that pattern...

9 hours ago, bisright1 said:

They would be 5 points ahead of us if it wasn't for a brain fart against west ham. You are 100% underestimating them. 

You could say the same about us against WBA though.

With that said, Tottenham will be extremely dangerous this season. Mourinho always makes it work in his second season and it seems to me he's got the entire team behind him at Spurs now. Mourinho thrives when he's the underdog with a squad with no major ego's and that's what he's got this year.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

You could say the same about us against WBA though.

With that said, Tottenham will be extremely dangerous this season. Mourinho always makes it work in his second season and it seems to me he's got the entire team behind him at Spurs now. Mourinho thrives when he's the underdog with a squad with no major ego's and that's what he's got this year.

I could and I believe if we signed Mendy in July we would be above them. But even if that was the case, there is no basis at all to say we are clear favourites. It's the type of nonsense that winds me up about fans. 

We lost to liverpool and drew 0-0 to united and sevilla. The best team we've beaten this season is southampton. We are not clear favourites. 

I will be happy with a 1-1 draw. If we comfortably win I think we could be favourites for the title. Tottenham are going to be top 3 this season.

Edited by bisright1
8 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I could and I believe if we signed Mendy in July we would be above them. But even if that was the case, there is no basis at all to say we are clear favourites. It's the type of nonsense that winds me up about fans. 

We lost to liverpool and drew 0-0 to united and sevilla. The best team we've beaten this season is southampton. We are not clear favourites. 

I will be happy with a 1-1 draw. If we comfortably win I think we could be favourites for the title. Tottenham are going to be top 3 this season.

We didn't beat Southampton.

13 hours ago, bisright1 said:

They got some big wins but we can open them up first and play to win, when it comes down to the pure player by player quality we are much better and we have a stronger bench.

We haven't won against a big team yet and they did but our draw vs Sevilla gives me confidence that we can go toe to toe with almost anyone.

Mourinho can't really shut down both Werner and Ziyech, we have a much stronger team than last season and as long as our players don't make big mistakes in defense or lose the ball too carelessly in the midfield we should be in control in that game.

51 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

They got some big wins but we can open them up first and play to win, when it comes down to the pure player by player quality we are much better and we have a stronger bench.

We haven't won against a big team yet and they did but our draw vs Sevilla gives me confidence that we can go toe to toe with almost anyone.

Mourinho can't really shut down both Werner and Ziyech, we have a much stronger team than last season and as long as our players don't make big mistakes in defense or lose the ball too carelessly in the midfield we should be in control in that game.

Sure, that's maybe how it goes. But saying we are overwhelming favourites is just factually incorrect. 

11 minutes ago, coco said:

The Brighton that beat Villa, who beat Liverpool 7-2, who we lost to.

Our best win was 4-0 against Palace, who beat Leeds 4-1, who drew with Liverpool 3-3, who we lost to.

Still, none of those teams are at tottenham level. 

If we beat tottenham it will be by far the best result of our season 

15 hours ago, Deino said:

Need to be prepared for the Spuds. Mourinho will have them be extra c*nt-y and there's going to be loads of tactical fouls

I know it's a bit naughty but we should plan to wind them up. Jose can probably mentally gee them up again if they merely lose the game, if they lose their heads however that will set them back and destroy them from a psychological POV. 

I'm nervous about this one already, calling it a 6 pointer doesn't do it justice. 

Now that Lampard had some games and time with the new squad, this is our biggest match of the season specially since Spurs have been winning.

A win over them means so much and if we lose some will start to doubt our capabilities because we would then still wait for a big game win.

With that being said, it does feel to me like every next game is the most important one, maybe because I think we might be one of the dark horses/title contenders.

15 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I agree, but it's a shudda wudda cudda. 

For example if we had Mendy earlier in the season, I fully believe we would've won the West Brom and Southampton games for sure, both those games we lost due to terrible goalkeeping. That would've been 6 points instead of 2. 

But again, like I said I agree, people can't underestimate Tottenham. Son and Kane on the counter attack are just lethal. 

18 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I don't want to run the risk of underestimating them as well, but I don' think they are as strong as they were when they had Eriksen and Ali was playing well.

We all know Mourinho won't want to lose to us (and Lamps again), but I hope we don't show then too much respect. Keep Son and Kane quiet and don't make any rash challanges on Kane near the penalty box and it's hard to see them causing us too many problems. Okay, they now have Bale as an option but can see him being on the bench again.

We have a lot more for them to worry about than they do us. We play Tuesday and they play Thursday, but with rotation, don't see that benefiting us too much (although no doubt Mourinho will make a big thing of it!).

No, I'm confident we can do this and I hope we give them a real lesson in football and put them firmly back in their place - beneath the mighty CFC in the table!

11 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I don't want to run the risk of underestimating them as well, but I don' think they are as strong as they were when they had Eriksen and Ali was playing well.

We all know Mourinho won't want to lose to us (and Lamps again), but I hope we don't show then too much respect. Keep Son and Kane quiet and don't make any rash challanges on Kane near the penalty box and it's hard to see them causing us too many problems. Okay, they now have Bale as an option but can see him being on the bench again.

We have a lot more for them to worry about than they do us. We play Tuesday and they play Thursday, but with rotation, don't see that benefiting us too much (although no doubt Mourinho will make a big thing of it!).

No, I'm confident we can do this and I hope we give them a real lesson in football and put them firmly back in their place - beneath the mighty CFC in the table!

This i agree with. This will be the 4th time we've played a big team this season and hopefully now that our team is settled, we actually aim to dominate rather than defend the draw.