Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

We have finished top4, top3, top5, top1 and top10 in the last few years, with about 3-4 different managers.

This has been our rebuilding period, we have lost our best generation and we have been looking to new leaders and to build a new team, Man United had a similar period once their best generation got old, so did AC Milan, Inter and other teams as well, in fact most teams have a period like this once their key players get old and what not.

Like I said if you really think that we were only winning the league with Conte because other teams were bad, then by all means Liverpool only won the league in 30 years once Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea(us) got into a slump due to different reasons.

Milan lost biggest money bank-Berlusconi. And yes look it deeper like i said and will see why we became champions under Conte

6 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

In Klopp's first full season he had no European football and Liverpool exited the FA cup in the fourth round (However they did get to the semis of the League cup which consisted of 5 games)  therefore had a clear run at the Premier League with 1 game per week and finished 4th, in his 2nd full season he exited the FA cup and the EFL cup in 4th and 3rd round and focused on PL and Champions League.

The 2 seasons above helped him establish a playing style and gave him time to embed the players he needed into the squad, taking into account he already was a well established coach with a playing style and philosophy in place. So far in terms of results he has matched Klopp in finishing in the top 4 and reaching a cup final so I am not sure how you can criticize Lampard and bring in extenuating circumstances when even with Klopp you can question his method of being selective of which competition he will prioritize.  

Lampard has not had such luxury with European competitions, PL and reaching the FA cup final alongside a global pandemic which has created further fixture congestion, this has limited time with a completely new squad to really stamp his name and style on them.

Lack of training is an excuse but I am being honest before season start I was already worried about all this new signings, yes they looks good on paper but I am not sure how they will fit. The only one that is clear fit is Chilwell, the rest carry bug question mark with them. 

Just now, JustChelsea said:

Milan lost biggest money bank-Berlusconi. And yes look it deeper like i said and will see why we became champions under Conte

I think it was due to his tactics that nobody could adapt to, those tactics were later adapted by a few other PL teams.

If you don't want to give any credit to our team and to Conte, then you have no valid reason to give any credit to Liverpool at all. 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

I think it was due to his tactics that nobody could adapt to, those tactics were later adapted by a few other PL teams.

If you don't want to give any credit to our team and to Conte, then you have no valid reason to give any credit to Liverpool at all. 

I personally think that the season we won the league under Conte was the 2nd most impressive league win behind Leicester's, we were so poor the season before and even at the start of the Conte season and the way Conte changed things up was probably the biggest impact a coach has ever had in their first season.

Start of the season it was all about Guardiola vs Mourinho but Conte stole the show, you can question his Management style but as a Coach there are very few who are better.

8 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

So 10 games in the space of 5 weeks with a number of injuries to first team players and not to forget with a completely new squad without much time on the training ground does not effect performance?

Which our players were injured? Only Zyech. Liverpool has bunch, City has bunch and Covid. And why they are above us? Still Aguerro is unavailable

What about Everton, Liecester? We have 11 deffenders in the team.

Edited by JustChelsea
4 minutes ago, JustChelsea said:

Which our players were injured? Only Zyech. Liverpool has bunch, City has bunch and Covid. And why they are above us? Still Aguerro is unavailable

What about Everton, Liecester?

Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, Chilwell and James have all missed games due to injury or fitness concerns.

Other teams have more settled squads, I don't think you have noticed but we've brought in 6 new first team players and Frank is looking to embed them into the team without a pre-season.

I really don't understand your perspective about amplifying other teams achievement's and restrictions yet completely downplay the obvious handicaps Chelsea and Frank have dealt with in the last 18 months. I understand people criticizing Frank for the recent results because clearly they haven't been good enough but ignoring the clear issues which have impacted the team of late alongside downplaying his achievements from last season is just a bizarre stance.   

13 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I personally think that the season we won the league under Conte was the 2nd most impressive league win behind Leicester's, we were so poor the season before and even at the start of the Conte season and the way Conte changed things up was probably the biggest impact a coach has ever had in their first season.

Start of the season it was all about Guardiola vs Mourinho but Conte stole the show, you can question his Management style but as a Coach there are very few who are better.

IMO if he had managed to make out of Morata a proper striker as he believed he could and if he had managed to find a replacement DM after selling Matic that can actually hold on to the ball and pass it who knows what would have happen, we might have managed to win against Barcelona the following season in the CL... What he did that season is really special like you say, it's not a coincidence that after we had won with that 3-4-3 that other teams suddenly started playing with the 3 at the back.

Edited by Gol15
Just now, Gol15 said:

IMO if he had managed to make out of Morata a proper striker as he believed he could and if he had managed to find a replacement DM after selling Matic that can actually hold on to the ball and pass it who knows what would have happen, we might have managed to win against Barcelona the following season in the CL... What he did that season is really special like you say, it's not a coincidence that after we had won with that 3-4-3 that other teams suddenly started playing with the 3 at the back.

Actually Bakayoko made sense, Conte wanted two mobile destroyer, Baka was just very bad. 

If we got Lukaku instead of Morata we would have probably got at least top 4

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It was interesting reading about Conte's recent interview with the Athletic where he talks about how Lukaku was his first choice and not Morata and he was under the impression that Chelsea had secured Lukaku's signature but the board messed that up due to dilly dallying with negotiations and United swooped in. Selling Matic was the start of the end of Conte's relationship with our board, he was completely against it and it was done without his consent and finally Virgil Van Dijk was another signing which he thought he will get and the board failed to secure it.

The Athletic believe that the Board hold the view that we didnt get VVD due to Conte as he was not as invested in securing VVD as Liverpool and Klopp were.

12 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, Chilwell and James have all missed games due to injury or fitness concerns.

Other teams have more settled squads, I don't think you have noticed but we've brought in 6 new first team players and Frank is looking to embed them into the team without a pre-season.

I really don't understand your perspective about amplifying other teams achievement's and restrictions yet completely downplay the obvious handicaps Chelsea and Frank have dealt with in the last 18 months. I understand people criticizing Frank for the recent results because clearly they haven't been good enough but ignoring the clear issues which have impacted the team of late alongside downplaying his achievements from last season is just a bizarre stance.   

Dude CHO, Pulisic had few games before that, Chilwell missed 2 games. I don't understand why you seeking excuses for our performance? Arsenal slapped us, City made us miserable , Everton beated us no matter that they had 3 losses . Goroud has 16 games in all competitions and 9 goals, Werner had 25 games and 9 goals. Last games also showed that Mendy is not so good when shots are much more than first games. And like i said we have 11 deffenders in the team.

So the main problem is Frank, not such craps like Covid and etc.

Edited by JustChelsea
2 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

It was interesting reading about Conte's recent interview with the Athletic where he talks about how Lukaku was his first choice and not Morata and he was under the impression that Chelsea had secured Lukaku's signature but the board messed that up due to dilly dallying with negotiations and United swooped in. Selling Matic was the start of the end of Conte's relationship with our board, he was completely against it and it was done without his consent and finally Virgil Van Dijk was another signing which he thought he will get and the board failed to secure it.

The Athletic believe that the Board hold the view that we didnt get VVD due to Conte as he was not as invested in securing VVD as Liverpool and Klopp were.

I didn't know that, I do know that Conte said that he had confidence in Morata to lead the line as he had worked with him in the past, I had my hopes when he said that but I knew that Morata was basically a super sub most of the time.

No wonder he was so much against the board, he probably wasn't backed by them and there was some communication problems, which is pretty crazy when you consider that he won the league in his first ever PL season. It was pretty sad to see that, but Conte proved himself even in that second season by winning the FA Cup in his own way, he's probably a hard man to work with but he is a proven winner, he came as such and left as such.

Conte got Lukaku now in Inter, the forward line with him and L.Martinez is a strong attack, I wonder if he would probably do the same thing with us here with Giroud-Werner leading the attack today...

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I

Conte got Lukaku now in Inter, the forward line with him and L.Martinez is a strong attack, I wonder if he would probably do the same thing with us here with Giroud-Werner leading the attack today...

Conte love 352 but we have puli, ziyech, cho, havertz, 352 is simply not an option. 

10 minutes ago, JustChelsea said:

Dude CHO, Pulisic had few games before that, Chilwell missed 2 games. I don't understand why you seeking excuses for our performance? Arsenal slapped us, City made us miserable , Everton beated us no matter that they had 3 losses . Goroud has 16 games in all competitions and 9 goals, Werner had 25 games and 9 goals. Last games also showed that Mandy is not so good when shots are muchg more than first games.

CHO and Ziyech both were out for Everton, Wolves, West Ham and CHO started the game against Aston Villa, which means we had 1 natural winger for that period who himself was returning from injury and lacked match fitness.

Having a new squad (12 New squad members) in the last 18 months alongside a new young Manager operating within a period of abnormality in terms of fixture congestion and lack of pre-season are not excuses but facts we need to realize as supporters and take them into consideration when casting judgement on our recent performances.

5 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Avram vs the bees was the best. I'm giggling just remembering it. Sadly I can't seem to find it either.

Genuinely gutted I cant find it...I wonder if its in the old Avram thread on here?

Really is disgusting to see some of the comments on articles like Paul Merson saying he still feels we have an outside shot of the title.

Same people ripping on Lamps and making xenophobic anti British comments (hey news flash geniuses not all racist remarks are about skin colour) are not doubt the same who ripped Ole and are now saying he can win the league.

You can say you disagree without doing that. The man deserves way more respect.

20 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

How much more will people use this no pre-seaaon excuse? Pre season is about 4-6 games. We are deep into the season  now. Just because we played only one game and a few games behind closed doors, it doesn't give us an excuse to falter as bad as we have.

So you honestly think having barely any pre season with the squad that included 6 new starters or any time during the season to actually coach the team and do almost nothing other than fitness work because of the lack of time between games has had no impact at all and isnt a pertinent reason (not excuse, no one is excusing him just pointing to the facts on how different this season has been)?

Edited by dkw
13 minutes ago, evissy said:

Avram and then Tuchel if things go south. What a f**king dire idea that is. Hopefully the team plays well and this duck is buried asap. 

Looks very miserable indeed. Frank is our chance to go long term, it’s obvious he’s not interested in managing anywhere else.

We fire him, get ready to see 5 or 6 different managers over the next decade. Same old sh*t.