Jump to content

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Brutos said:

Hahaha anyone who thinks we are not under pressure to win this weekend is deluded, not winning this match firmly puts us under immense pressure especially if we "play good" again without any success. Theres so much good football one can watch without winning an actual match and I know Brendan will want to spoil any home coming party.

Jesus Christ, it’s the 2nd game of the season..

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hazard STAY said:

To cover Frank's Achilles Heel, we need to spend a very large  amount of our budget on the defense. Frank will have us scoring and playing destructive football, but he will not be able to setup a great defense. Rudiger will fit very well in Franks defense because he is very quick and has a lot of strength. We will need to pair him with another powerful and speedy defender in the middle though. Our RB has to be upgraded with a pacy and amazing stamina player. Emerson might be able to fit perfectly in this team if he has a strong reliable CB that is pairing with him, that can make up for the bombing forward. Emerson is quick and has great stamina as he proves last night. 

 

Then our Achilles Heel as a club, that dreadful ST/CF position. I really do believe that this team would work best with a player Drogba-like. A powerful Target Man who also does have speed (unlike Giroud who sadly he is lacking in speed) and sublime finishing abilities. I have no idea who this player could be, any ideas? 

Litterally the multi £m question, and i do'nt know who either. Unless we're lucky and find an unknown its going to cost an awful lot of money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I didn’t even notice the officials, the game flowed nicely without lots of stupid cards. The only debatable decision was the penalty that went in our favour. 

Maybe there should be a drive to send cranky old buggers like yourself to be sent back to the Middle Ages? :blush2:

Understanding of satire not your strong point obviously. Diabolical as a description  of her part  was an exaggeration, however she has limited experience as a ref which showed on the pen in our favour. She only the gig because she’s a she. Her performance was always going to be deemed a success by the footballing bodies however well she and her colleagues officiated. Like the women’s game in general, it has not been able to grow organically ( from zero to max coverage under the banner of diversity in the blink of an eyelid)

If your in thrawl to all this great. Crack on, award yourself a gold star you big tit

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hazard STAY said:

To cover Frank's Achilles Heel, we need to spend a very large  amount of our budget on the defense. Frank will have us scoring and playing destructive football, but he will not be able to setup a great defense. Rudiger will fit very well in Franks defense because he is very quick and has a lot of strength. We will need to pair him with another powerful and speedy defender in the middle though. Our RB has to be upgraded with a pacy and amazing stamina player. Emerson might be able to fit perfectly in this team if he has a strong reliable CB that is pairing with him, that can make up for the bombing forward. Emerson is quick and has great stamina as he proves last night. 

 

Then our Achilles Heel as a club, that dreadful ST/CF position. I really do believe that this team would work best with a player Drogba-like. A powerful Target Man who also does have speed (unlike Giroud who sadly he is lacking in speed) and sublime finishing abilities. I have no idea who this player could be, any ideas? 

The club & football  in general has moved on from “Target Men”. It restricts your play and you end up hoofing it upfield. 

So no we are never getting a Target Man.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Understanding of satire not your strong point obviously. Diabolical as a description  of her part  was an exaggeration, however she has limited experience as a ref which showed on the pen in our favour. She only the gig because she’s a she. Her performance was always going to be deemed a success by the footballing bodies however well she and her colleagues officiated. Like the women’s game in general, it has not been able to grow organically ( from zero to max coverage under the banner of diversity in the blink of an eyelid)

If your in thrawl to all this great. Crack on, award yourself a gold star you big tit

She's reffed in the French first division and reffed the womens world cup final. Her CV was good enough to be given this glorified friendly 

If this gets more women into refereeing then great. There clearly aren't enough top refs in our country and so the more the better. 

One bad decision a bad game does not make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Understanding of satire not your strong point obviously. Diabolical as a description  of her part  was an exaggeration, however she has limited experience as a ref which showed on the pen in our favour. She only the gig because she’s a she. Her performance was always going to be deemed a success by the footballing bodies however well she and her colleagues officiated. Like the women’s game in general, it has not been able to grow organically ( from zero to max coverage under the banner of diversity in the blink of an eyelid)
If your in thrawl to all this great. Crack on, award yourself a gold star you big tit
Great introduction of a woman referee + lineswomen to mens games. She did everything as well as a man would have done. This game being a big occasion was a great place to start the discussion for a thing that should already be normal.

Playing is a different thing (thinking about mixed squad's) due to our genders differences in physical strenght but as a referee or any other official or manager a women has a same chance of succeding as she did.

For women this does a great deal for their confidence in pursuing this job as any other. You could say an able men lost this gig but I feel this is far more important. Good thing this one and she handled it very well.

You should broaden your view and think of what it could do in the long run. And on top of that behave in this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, evissy said:

Great introduction of a woman referee + lineswomen to mens games. She did everything as well as a man would have done. This game being a big occasion was a great place to start the discussion for a thing that should already be normal.

Playing is a different thing (thinking about mixed squad's) due to our genders differences in physical strenght but as a referee or any other official or manager a women has a same chance of succeding as she did.

For women this does a great deal for their confidence in pursuing this job as any other. You could say an able men lost this gig but I feel this is far more important. Good thing this one and she handled it very well.

You should broaden your view and think of what it could do in the long run. And on top of that behave in this forum.
 

I believe in meritocracy, not somebody being awarded the job due to gender.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

I believe in meritocracy, not somebody being awarded the job due to gender.

So what would have merited her getting the job? 

She has reffed at the top flight in the men's game and she's reffed a women's world cup final. They wanted to give her men's uefa experience, great stage to do it on. 

That's good enough for me. This isnt a champions league final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And she did it much better than any male referee we've endured recently. Very good letting the football flow, not many errors (tough call on our penalty and wrong call allowing the penalty missed by Tammy), and very impartial. I was positively impressed and I hope we got more female referees in the PL and European cups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think we should have more female referees.

 They cost less and have better ars*s.

(This is a genuine joke and does not reflect my serious views on this important issue. I have no problem at all with female referees and would be happy for any qualified woman to referee any match.)

Jimmy Carr at least once made a joke about women which I thought risqué but he got away with it. He said ;-

"You know people say "a women's work is never done".

Maybe that's why they get paid less.

If he can get away with that on mainstream TV I don't see why I can't get away with the above on a football forum.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest difference for me was actually the attitude of the players towards the Ref, there didnt seem to be this constant running over and moaning at each and every decision. Not sure if it was due to a female Ref or a lack of clear and obvious errors however you get players moaning even at the correct decisions in the league so who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

I believe in meritocracy, not somebody being awarded the job due to gender.

More women officals means less room for twats like Clattenburg, who lets not forget has openly admitted allowing fouls to continue in a game because he didn't want to be the person who f**ked spuds over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The biggest difference for me was actually the attitude of the players towards the Ref, there didnt seem to be this constant running over and moaning at each and every decision. Not sure if it was due to a female Ref or a lack of clear and obvious errors however you get players moaning even at the correct decisions in the league so who knows.
I felt there was as much of that as in any game. She handled everything as you expect, like a pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the ref did well, certainly seen worse performances from male refs over the years. 

Penalty was a bit contentious, but ive seen them given plenty of times, and VAR didnt think it was a clear error. 

She let a few small fouls go, but all in all it made for a great game. Admittedly it wasnt the toughest game to ref, not too many bad tackles, and no real confrontations. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

So what would have merited her getting the job? 

She has reffed at the top flight in the men's game and she's reffed a women's world cup final. They wanted to give her men's uefa experience, great stage to do it on. 

That's good enough for me. This isnt a champions league final. 

She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex

On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.

I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex
On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.
I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.
Please keep in mind we all need heroes. This woman is a big one for younger women and girls. 99,99% of the cases the ref is there by merit. She was given the chance albeit with the agenda. Now she has that merit. Please end the one man crusade. We understand your point.
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex

On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.

I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.

so what

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, evissy said:
36 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:
She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex
On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.
I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.

Please keep in mind we all need heroes. This woman is a big one for younger women and girls. 99,99% of the cases the ref is there by merit. She was given the chance albeit with the agenda. Now she has that merit. Please end the one man crusade. We understand your point.

“ A big hero for younger women and girls”

Reminds me of the London Olympics, and the vacuous platitudes that we’re trotted out by politicians, administrators and commentators. It was going to “ Inspire a Generation”

The reality was/ is that there was no uptake in kids involvement in sport afterwards, despite the how to get involved links on BBC and others.

Its all a big fat cliche

Edited by Ewell CFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex

On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.

I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.

For millenniums they have been downtrodden by the opposite gender. Now it's time to equal it out a little, that may involve people like you and myself having to come to terms with things changing as you get older,  just remember three letters, tec, tolerance, empathy and compassion, and your life will improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex

On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.

I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.

She has been a top flight referee. https://www.espn.com/soccer/french-ligue-1/story/3837476/stephanie-frappart-becomes-first-woman-to-referee-ligue-1-match

Additionally she has experience in a high profile, globally televised game using VAR, not many refs can say that. It was obvious she had that experience right as VAR was used effectively - better than. In the men's world cup. 

Yes it's social engineering to give her the job. But she's the best female referee in the world, it wasn't a risk to give her the job in the super cup and her team did a better job that most PL refs would have done. 

Edited by bisright1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

She has not been a top flight referee. She has officiated in the second tier of French Football, so on that basis she has jumped the queue on the basis of her sex

On merit, there would have been scores/ hundreds of refs operating in the major European Leagues that she has leapfrogged for gender inclusivity reasons.

I understand the logic behind the move, but it’s social engineering pure and simple.

She still did better than any male referee we've suffered lately, so happy that she jumped all the meritocrats. All those with the merits and medals would have done a worse job of it, as we see every week, so not sure what's your problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
“ A big hero for younger women and girls”
Reminds me of the London Olympics, and the vacuous platitudes that we’re trotted out by politicians, administrators and commentators. It was going to “ Inspire a Generation”
The reality was/ is that there was no uptake in kids involvement in sport afterwards, despite the how to get involved links on BBC and others.
Its all a big fat cliche
Okay then. Thanks for your contribution in the forum.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...