Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

8 minutes ago, evissy said:
1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:
“ A big hero for younger women and girls”
Reminds me of the London Olympics, and the vacuous platitudes that we’re trotted out by politicians, administrators and commentators. It was going to “ Inspire a Generation”
The reality was/ is that there was no uptake in kids involvement in sport afterwards, despite the how to get involved links on BBC and others.
Its all a big fat cliche

Okay then. Thanks for your contribution in the forum.

Your welcome

Familiar pattern here and it seems Naïve.

Go flat out for the first 25/30 mins and hope for the best. By the team we have ran out of steam we should already be a goal or 2 to the good. 

See out the 1st half then 2nd half just keep giving the ball away due to running yourselves into the ground early doors. Regret wasting multiple chances before caputulating. 

How the f**k is Azpi still here let alone captain?

Willian was dreadful today. Doesn't want to be here.

Lampard mate you have got your work cut out. 

Has shades of Pool when Klopp first took over. It took him years before Pool could get into a good rhythm.

He desperately needs to rethink tactics and take pages out of his previous managers' books. 

There's a time when we play gung-ho football, a time when we lock a game down and also times where we control the midfield through one-touch passing. Also stop it with zonal marking! It didn't work back in the early 00's and it's not going to work now!

Just now, dkw said:

Oh well then, all of 2 game eh, that definitely means he can't. 

You stand corrected mate. Move on, no point for the petty replies. 

The point still stands that we need to invest massively on our defense and on a CF/ST. Lampards Achilles heel is the defense so we have to invest there massively. 

Just now, Hazard STAY said:

You stand corrected mate. Move on, no point for the petty replies. 

The point still stands that we need to invest massively on our defense and on a CF/ST. Lampards Achilles heel is the defense so we have to invest there massively. 

Unless your another of these amazing people who come on here and can see into the future you have no idea if Lampard can organise a defence. Stop talking sh*t. 

Very much a work in progress. Top 4 won't be on the cards this season and that comes as no surprise to me.

There are some major challenges that need to be adressed and some tough decisions will be have to be made on certain players but we and Lampard will be fine.

It will be a trying season but if we got through Jose last season we can get through this one just enjoy the ride. Like last season we all said we wanted to change our style which Sarri did successfully last season.

Now we have another season where we will have to just accept we may not get top 4 or top 6.

People said I was as being negative nope just realistic when you hire a manager who had one average season in the championship. He's still learning and that will take a couple of seasons atleast and I don't know if after those two seasons if he or us will get better we are hoping he does and we do as a result.
What I do know now and the facts are he's still very inexperience and will show all throughout the season and next season I think also. Just hope in the end he turns into a fantastic manager who can win us some more titles and not just be a Poch plays good stuff but doesn't win anything.

People should taper their expectations for the next couple of seasons.

When you're in a transition of sorts you have to look at the bright sparks and the first half hour was incredible, totally battered Leicester and should have been 3/4 up, very worrying what happened afterwards however some of you's complaints about Sarri was there was no "signs" of good stuff to come, well you certainly "signs" in the opening.

The reality is we are an inconsistent side right now. Sometimes we will match some of the worlds best sides (vs Liverpool) and other times we will look poo against sides like Leicester, today we were brilliant, average and rubbish all at varying stages which is about aplicable for where we are right now. Sometimes Pulisic will look like he can replace Hazard, other times he will look sh*t, he's 20.

We could have gone through this transition in 2012/13 but decided to go for a quick title, we have to go through this process now if we want to compete long term because with Pep and his 100 point seasons about going for the quick fix just won't work anymore.

My main issue from today, was how we kept giving the ball away and how easy maddison was then receiving the ball between the lines. What worried me was that it took lampard too long to react, and by the time we did, we had to chase the result. 

Shouldve made changes much earlier. 

Its going to be a slug of a season, we are a physically weak team, and i think RLC and Rudiger are big misses. 

Really hope we win next week, because if the start gets any worse, it could be an utter disaster of a season, as we saw in 15/16.

We looked completely gassed after 20 minutes for me. I think Frank was a bit naive with his lack of rotation after Wednesday and he was too slow with the subs (although not to Conte no subs before 80 minutes level!). He’s a young manager who has a lot to learn but at least he’s intelligent enough to actually do that. 

Also I know he’s trying to play nice attractive football but I was hoping he may go back a little bit to the Chelsea he knew. Built on a solid defence. 

I did think he should rotated given 9 of the 11 played 120 minutes in humid conditions. Seemed abit much to ask for them.

Thought today showed our lack of “star quality “. Apart from Kante, we have no stars who can pull us out games or tricky moments. 

Transfer window can’t come soon enough and I’m not convinced that CHO is the answer to our problems. 

Mount looked great though in the 3 games. 

Hate to sound like the resident doom merchant, but I really think Lamps is gonna be brown bread sooner rather than later. I know it sounds insane, but trust me, the pressure is REALLY on now. I know people don't like to hear it, but trial by Twitter (and social media in general) is real now. The reactions have been vomit inducing today. The way some of our fans are treating this club legend is appalling. But the reason I think things are gonna get worse is because we're just spread so thin right now. Of course, the transfer ban, injuries etc are all playing a part. But ultimately, all this is doing is putting the spotlight on us and adding bits of pressure here and there. We need to steady the ship now or we'll be in a full blown crisis in a matter of weeks.

I know how this sounds, but it's what I genuinely believe. The modern game is fickle, fickle, fickle. No one club is more than a few bad results away from a crisis.

Edited by CFC-Forever
50 minutes ago, CFC-Forever said:

Hate to sound like the resident doom merchant, but I really think Lamps is gonna be brown bread sooner rather than later. I know it sounds insane, but trust me, the pressure is REALLY on now. I know people don't like to hear it, but trial by Twitter (and social media in general) is real now. The reactions have been vomit inducing today. The way some of our fans are treating this club legend is appalling. But the reason I think things are gonna get worse is because we're just spread so thin right now. Of course, the transfer ban, injuries etc are all playing a part. But ultimately, all this is doing is putting the spotlight on us and adding bits of pressure here and there. We need to steady the ship now or we'll be in a full blown crisis in a matter of weeks.

I know how this sounds, but it's what I genuinely believe. The modern game is fickle, fickle, fickle. No one club is more than a few bad results away from a crisis.

I think the "Lampard out" trend on twitter is more a running joke started after Bohemians, well i hope so.

Looking at the state of the squad and that we have no quality striker, a non goal scoring/assist Willian and an ageing Pedro (who’s played 3 games straight), the board/club have really failed to invest quality into the squad. There’s no way that we should be relying on these second rate players.

In my view, the players who need to step it this season are:

- Dave (I’m hoping he’s just tired, lots of minutes)

- Barkley 

- Pedro

- Willian

- Giroud 

The youngsters have been fantastic and given their all but they can’t be expected to do it all.  It is the senior players that are letting the side down at the minute - I expect more from them over the next few games. 

Edited by JM7

Plenty to be encouraged about, this team will only get better the more experience they get, and the more used to playing together they get.

Keep in mind we're still missing three starters in Rudi, CHO and RLC, and there's much more to be excited about relative to however disappointed you are about these first few results.