Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

3 hours ago, evissy said:

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/latest-chelsea-news-lampard-neville-16782651.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I think Neville's advice seems pretty sane. Frank should look at it. We have very good legs in both sides of the pitch in defence and in mf. You could argue that Azpi doesn't have those legs but at least James does when he is introduced.

If he knew what he was talking about he’d still be at Valencia. 

Shades of excellent high pressure football are there, if we were more clinical in these three games we would probably win them all. Think Frank should work on the defensive part, we are so easily hit on the counter which he also said he knows. Don't think we are poor by any mean, played some good football but were unlucky and naive in some of the goals we conceded. Hope Roman gives him a proper go, with a proper transfer window. Knowing the intelligence of Frank he will make us very good in no time.

Klopp finished 8th his first season and it took a while for his high press to work well. I think Frank needs to be afforded the same time for his system to work and we need to consider that it might mean falling out of top 6, especially without being able to strengthen the squad.
Difference is whether our board can digest 8th place?

2 hours ago, MrsGaffer said:

Looking at Lampard as a manager you have to take emotion and sentiment out of the equation, it’s all a bit AVB esque so far..

I recall AVB starting well, but teams had him figured out after a few games and then he didn’t know how to solve the problem. With Lamps, the flaws are there straight away, but hopefully he’ll get it solved soon(er rather than later).

4 hours ago, Riccardo said:

I recall AVB starting well, but teams had him figured out after a few games and then he didn’t know how to solve the problem. With Lamps, the flaws are there straight away, but hopefully he’ll get it solved soon(er rather than later).

Yes but much of our team was ageing and had been there and done that, so motivation may of been less, also the players couldn't get their head round a manager who only a few  years earlier was picking up the cones and collecting the bibs, and now was telling them what to do.

Frank on the other hand has won it all, has a young team who will be motivated and will follow him, I suggest like Luiz we bin William soon as, after seeing that sub performance on Sunday and his behaviour after the cup final win he maybe is a bad apple.

As for tactically Frank is intelligent to pick things up very quickly. It's gonna be fun, let's enjoy it

8 hours ago, MrsGaffer said:

Looking at Lampard as a manager you have to take emotion and sentiment out of the equation, it’s all a bit AVB esque so far..

I actually believe AVB may have worked if he took over a younger/hungrier squad.

Wrong place wrong time for that appointment for both parties, we weren't ready for a change in style and he was probably better off sweeping up at Porto for another couple of years.

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

That crossed my mind also but I didn't want to mentioned it just wanted it to play out

You’ve posted some seriously weird stuff lately. We get it, you don’t like Lampard as manager, you feel Sarri was so terribly treated by us. But Jesus Christ you’re a chelsea fan, why are you wanting it to play out like AVB and us he unsuccessful and eventually sack the manager? How miserable it must be to not be able to be positive about a club legend managing us and integrating the youth in to the side. 

28 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You’ve posted some seriously weird stuff lately. We get it, you don’t like Lampard as manager, you feel Sarri was so terribly treated by us. But Jesus Christ you’re a chelsea fan, why are you wanting it to play out like AVB and us he unsuccessful and eventually sack the manager? How miserable it must be to not be able to be positive about a club legend managing us and integrating the youth in to the side. 

Over the past few weeks, he has probably been the most negative poster on the forum.  And that's saying something.  Cheer up @Brutos, the future is bright!

On 19/08/2019 at 17:50, mad_mac said:

F**king love this season, seeing the new faces, seeing Frank as manager, seeing youth integrated, and seeing promise.  One of the things in the past was the essence of needing to win big, and win now.  I honestly don't feel that this season, I think everyone with any sense should realize that this is a huge overhaul.  The biggest in the Roman era. 

I fully expect Frank to be given this year, with the transfer ban, to keep us in the top 6.  If development is made, and promise is shown, I expect some cash will be thrown his way to add where needed next year.  I don't think there is as much pressure on him (other than what he puts on himself) as the pundits are making out.

Also, I saw that #LampardOut was trending on twitter yesterday.  I looked into it and there was one guy who claimed he had followed Chelsea since 04 who started an account, and then all the other hashtags were just Utd and other Rival fans typing it in to bash Chelsea with.  Pretty pathetic really, but I will add it is pathetic if you're a Chelsea fan already considering this to be something that should materialize. 

Fully agree with the part of this being an incredibly exciting season! Anyone who doesn't realise it will be a tough season is in for a reality check - and I think we should be realistic in terms of what we will be able to achieve this season. I wouldn't say it's a complete 'write off' per se, but Frank should be given this season no matter what (bar something absolutely disastrous - which I can't see happening), and then the next season to fully prove himself and be judged. Even if we were to come 8th: if we continue to show positive signs of improvement, while 8th would be very disappointing - Frank would be as equally disappointed, but then be in a great position to build on the foundations set with a proper transfer window.

I am glad to be following Chelsea in exciting times again and fully strapped in for this rollercoaster. Much rather that then a soulless club going through the motions.

Following Chelsea since 04 is no excuse to hold that sort of view to be honest... would expect anyone from that time to fully support Frank. Agreed that any Chelsea supporter is pathetic if they are giving in to that sentiment - and by definition are not supporters.

Although I think #LampardOut started before he even had a pre-season game - so I think it's more of a troll/meme/joke type thing.

But yeah the sentiment even from some posters here in regards to the whole situation is baffling! I haven't been this excited about a season in years - even though I know the likelyhood is we may not reach last years heights for instance. But I think our future in general is looking a whole lot more prosperous! 

Come on Blues!!!

Didn't really know where to post this. But look at this finishing.

Doesn't look very good however don't know how much you should worry about players missing shots in a training.

Frank should be the best mentor for shooting on this planet. So I'm not overly concerned about that.

I remember reading somewhere way back in Germany they don't allow players missing shots in training. They demand you hit the ball between the pipes. If you miss, you train as long as they start hitting the target. Not sure if we have such a demanding style...

Actually me not mentioning it is opposite of being negative as I know we will have up and down season.
Lamps was one of my favourite ever players, my issue is not with him getting the Chelsea job it's with him getting it so early as I don't want to see him sacked after a couple of seasons which ruins everything if he simply can't get us going.

Let him learn his craft for a few years then bring him in....
9 hours ago, Saru said:

Fully agree with the part of this being an incredibly exciting season! Anyone who doesn't realise it will be a tough season is in for a reality check - and I think we should be realistic in terms of what we will be able to achieve this season. I wouldn't say it's a complete 'write off' per se, but Frank should be given this season no matter what (bar something absolutely disastrous - which I can't see happening), and then the next season to fully prove himself and be judged. Even if we were to come 8th: if we continue to show positive signs of improvement, while 8th would be very disappointing - Frank would be as equally disappointed, but then be in a great position to build on the foundations set with a proper transfer window.

I am glad to be following Chelsea in exciting times again and fully strapped in for this rollercoaster. Much rather that then a soulless club going through the motions.

Following Chelsea since 04 is no excuse to hold that sort of view to be honest... would expect anyone from that time to fully support Frank. Agreed that any Chelsea supporter is pathetic if they are giving in to that sentiment - and by definition are not supporters.

Although I think #LampardOut started before he even had a pre-season game - so I think it's more of a troll/meme/joke type thing.

But yeah the sentiment even from some posters here in regards to the whole situation is baffling! I haven't been this excited about a season in years - even though I know the likelyhood is we may not reach last years heights for instance. But I think our future in general is looking a whole lot more prosperous! 

Come on Blues!!!

From what I have seen so far I agree we are in for a hard season and some fans need to reset. If they carry on with the expectations of recent years they could well be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong but we all need to be onboard with Frank and not put undue pressure on him and the players when they are operating under difficult circumstances. The jeering at the weekend was ridiculous and I don't get it at all. The board have cocked up big time and yet the fans boo the players and Frank. We need to embrace the new set of circumstances and build a siege mentality, not give up on the team after 3 games.

There's something wholesome about this season. We are building from within and it feels like more of a football club. Since Romans arrival opposition fans have levelled criticism that we are a sugar daddy club and have bought success. In recent years the club has been run while complying with FFP and we now haven't bought any new players and are promoting youth and probably have more young players coming through than any other PL team. The criticism has to stop. It's also great to see new young players on the pitch surprising us. Who honestly knew how good Mason Mount was going to be? He could fail of course but he certainly doesn't look out of place and his performances have been very exciting. This type of introduction just feels better and we need to enjoy the small successes.

I have no expectations this season and am enjoying the new players, manager and feel about the club.

There has been a lot of noise around the integration of youth with pundits and fans alike talking about Frank Playing too many youngsters especially in the game against United however I havent seen any youngster let us down so far. Against United & Leicester we missed big chances and shouldve been out of site on both occasions in the first half however individual mistakes cost us, the mistakes by Azpi and Zouma were the sort of errors you shouldn't be witnessing from players playing at this level. For all the limitations of Zouma you would probably expect an error from which which involved him getting caught on the ball whilst getting pressed but you wouldnt expect him to attempt a reckless tackle as he did with decent cover around him & Azpi seems to be going through a dip in form too, it could be that the efforts of the last few seasons are catching up & he could do with some rotation this season.

Against Leicester we conceded due to Zonal marking but mainly I think we dropped 2 points due to poor game management (Which is to be expected with it being Lampards 1st season in the PL), I think playing 120Minz midweek did play a part however I think we couldve switched the personnel in Midfield and gone with Kova-Jorginho & Kante early on in the 2nd half to wrestle back some control & momentum. 

I dont think its a coincidence that in the last few games we've started like a house on fire and gradually declined as the games have gone on, the injection of youth into the starting 11 offers us that spring at the start of games however as games develop whether that involves going a goal up or going a goal down the players tend to become unsure whether to stick or twist. This is mainly down to lack of experience, we have a young CB pairing, 2 attacking midfielders playing there 1st season in the PL and a young Manager.

I think the 2 players who will make a massive difference to our team are RLC & Rudiger, Both offer our team pace, physicality & presence therefore I think due to the return of Rudi and RLC alongside the team getting more experience through game time I think we will get stronger as the season progresses. I hope we dont drop too many points during the integration phase and are still in with a shout at the top 4 come Christmas as I seriously think we will get stronger whilst some of our rivals with thinner squads may start to get weaker.  

I said before the season started i expect us to finish between 6th and 10th, depending on how quickly we can adapt. 

Lamps is learning on the job, and we are looking to unproven talents to carry our season, so i think expectations need to be drastically loweded. 

I had patience with sarri, and have even more patience with Lampard, given the circumstances. 

We still have some great players to come back in, and i think we will have a much better second half of the season than the 1st.

Some people just wanted Lampard anc Chelsea to fail, especially pundits at ESPN. It's the first time since 2003 we actually took a chance with an upcoming manager and a young team, why Chelsea fans couldn't get behind Lampard is beyond me. Sure, he lost big first game, and will lose a few more before the year ends, but we had plenty of downs in the last 2-3 seasons. and everyone got over it. Remember the 0:4. 0:6, 6-7 months ago?

Frank Lampard • In-Depth Tactical Analysis | The Pythagoras Perspective |

Having trouble with embedding this but guys hope you enjoy the video on Super Frank. In depth analysis on his time at Derby and his time so far at Chelsea including what to expect from a tactical perspective and what to expect from Chelsea over the next few years.

Edited by Pythagoras