Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

I also thought the Kova sub decision was a strange one.

I think SFL got this one wrong. 

He made a mistake, and I'm pretty sure he will know it. But he will make mistakes as does every young coach, only his will poured over. What he doesn't need is morons booing him or the team at this early stage, especially as we are still missing 1st choice players. Our fans have been calling for stability and a young forward thinking manager who will play the youth, well we have it and now they need to get behind then and back them. 

So far, I am impressed with the way Lampard has us attacking, but defensively, I think his coaching has been very poor. I always prefer it when managers focus on getting the defence sorted first. Always start from the back, not the attack, because no matter how good your team is going forward, it means nothing if you can't get them to defend. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

So far, I am impressed with the way Lampard has us attacking, but defensively, I think his coaching has been very poor. I always prefer it when managers focus on getting the defence sorted first. Always start from the back, not the attack, because no matter how good your team is going forward, it means nothing if you can't get them to defend. 

I think this era it's actually more effective doing it the other way, Klopp and Pep are proof of that. 

8 minutes ago, Argo said:

I think this era it's actually more effective doing it the other way, Klopp and Pep are proof of that. 

Wingbacks were frowned upon by many 10 years ago, now almost every team in the world goes with wingbacks, it's all about how good your fullback is at attacking. 

The game has definitely changed, but still, Scott also has a good point and our defence is proof of that, we are conceding at least 2 goals per game. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Wingbacks were frowned upon by many 10 years ago, now almost every team in the world goes with wingbacks, it's all about how good your fullback is at attacking. 

The game has definitely changed, but still, Scott also has a good point and our defence is proof of that, we are conceding at least 2 goals per game. 

In theory yes but now we're trying to work towards eventually winning a title that requires ny on 100 points to win and 90 to even challenge, with that in mind i'd rather focus on the control and chance creation and then move to defense once that's up and running like clockwork like those two have done.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Disagreed. Today only 17% of our passes were in the attacking third, but we still dominated possession. That’s not attacking well and it opens up the defense to quick counters. 

The whole team needs to improve. Neither attack nor defense has been sufficient.

19 minutes ago, jking948 said:

Disagreed. Today only 17% of our passes were in the attacking third, but we still dominated possession. That’s not attacking well and it opens up the defense to quick counters. 

The whole team needs to improve. Neither attack nor defense has been sufficient.

I meant overall, not just today.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I meant overall, not just today.

But it has been the same every match. It was 27.5% against Man Utd, 24% against Leicester, 32% against Norwich, and 17% today. The team is not attacking well. They are winning possession, sure, but they are not translating that into a good attack.

Just now, jking948 said:

But it has been the same every match. It was 27.5% against Man Utd, 24% against Leicester, 32% against Norwich, and 17% today. The team is not attacking well. They are winning possession, sure, but they are not translating that into a good attack.

We are scoring goals, so we are obviously doing something right in attack, it's the other end where we look a mess.

31 minutes ago, jking948 said:

6 goals (4th), 68 shots (3rd), 2 hit woodwork (5th), 5 big chances missed (11th). This is our reality, look at our team...our defense is missing our best player, our midfield is missing our best player, our attack just lost Hazard and we're playing kids.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

He made a mistake, and I'm pretty sure he will know it. But he will make mistakes as does every young coach, only his will poured over. What he doesn't need is morons booing him or the team at this early stage, especially as we are still missing 1st choice players. Our fans have been calling for stability and a young forward thinking manager who will play the youth, well we have it and now they need to get behind then and back them. 

Agree and hope the boo boys give him longer before airing their dissent. 

40 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

We are scoring goals, so we are obviously doing something right in attack, it's the other end where we look a mess.

22 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

6 goals (4th), 68 shots (3rd), 2 hit woodwork (5th), 5 big chances missed (11th). This is our reality, look at our team...our defense is missing our best player, our midfield is missing our best player, our attack just lost Hazard and we're playing kids.

We scored five goals against two teams that were just promoted. We scored one goal total against two teams we’ll be competing with in the table. The attack has gotten lucky in the last two matches.

Again, the team will be just fine throughout the year. They’ll get healthy and the young guys will develop. But nothing has consistently looked good since the start of the season, including the attack.

We need to stake stock that this is lamps second season as a manager in arguably the toughest league he's one of the least experience managers in the league if not the least every manager he comes up against will have far more experience so just bare with for this season, I don't believe we will get CL place or top 6 top 10 I think.

So let's enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

Poor game management from Frank today unfortunately. 

Use of substitutions was poor, not sure why an 18 year old is coming on for his debut with the game in the balance, especially with Gilmore being a smaller lad better on the ball than off it. Michy too coming on ahead of Giroud was strange. 

But Frank’s learning too. 

These sort of results are going to happen with such an inexperienced team, as the season goes on I’d expect us to learn how to see out the game. 

It’s still early days yet, I think there’s more to be positive about than negative. When we’ve got RLC, Rudiger, Kante, Pedro and CHO back fit I think we’ll look a lot better for it. 

I am  very happy with Lampard personally. We have being crying to give youth a chance and now he does that, we are not content with that either. Its not his fault Zouma is rubbish or Azpi is the worse right back in the league atm. 

Yes, we could blame him a little bit for picking those two but he has no other options.

He is giving everyone a chance to see what they can do to find the best 11

So far abraham and mount have grabbed that opportunity with both hands. Jorginho has being great too, even with the lack of pace, and to be honest he should have being made the captain!

Disappointing result today but bright future. 

I know this is going to be a transition season but even so, we can't be blowing 2 goal leads to Sheffield United. Most poor results this season i can and will chalk off as part of the process and pick out the positives but this one is hard, it's annoyed me so much.

2-0 up against a much inferior team requires basic game management, slow the game down, retain possession, stop it from becoming a battle (which is what the underdog thrives on). We kicked off in the second half, how the hell can we concede within a minute? We should be comfortably retaining it for that long minimum.

This has completely pissed me off.

There’s no such thing as a transition season. When we won the CL that was not in a season where you would say we had a carefully put together side and strategy. It’s just an excuse for being rubbish. 

Stop being negative last season and this is definitely a transition season along with next season all transition.....[emoji848] wait.....
2 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

There’s no such thing as a transition season. When we won the CL that was not in a season where you would say we had a carefully put together side and strategy. It’s just an excuse for being rubbish. 

11/12 wasn't a transition season because the team was mainly made up of old players, the following 2 season's were as we were phasing out the old guard for a younger core.

Yes the word transition sometimes is branded too easily but in terms of league consistency this is very much one.

Very naive with his subs again. I know we’re missing a few midfielders but bringing a young lad on for his debut wasn’t what we needed and Batshauyi was never going to hold the ball up to help relieve some pressure. Giroud should have been on there. 

Alonso could probably have come on for Barkley or Pulisic as a good outlet.