ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

Very good night tonight for Frank. Adventurous starting line up and shape. He's definitely not afraid to change things. In the second half good substitutions and clearly they had discussed at half time that when CHO comes on it was time to up the pace and go for it.

Obviously he needs to address the zonal marking debacle which I fully expect him to do. On the match thread he has been criticised for stubborness. What are we - 11 games in or so? Stubborn? Have a word. 

Must be a record number of goals conceded from set pieces by any dude in this time-frame. 

The 4 at the back switch really helped open them up. Weren't really creating much with the 3-4-3.

Played: 11

Wins: 5

Draws: 3

Losses: 3

Winning % = 45.45%

A win on Sunday against Southampton would get Frank to the 50% mark.

6 hours ago, Liam said:

Very good night tonight for Frank. Adventurous starting line up and shape. He's definitely not afraid to change things. In the second half good substitutions and clearly they had discussed at half time that when CHO comes on it was time to up the pace and go for it.

Obviously he needs to address the zonal marking debacle which I fully expect him to do. On the match thread he has been criticised for stubborness. What are we - 11 games in or so? Stubborn? Have a word. 

I think if he wasn't Frank Lampard people would be saying that anyhow. This problem is going to catch up to the team if it isn't sorted. 

Personally I’m withholding any judgement of Frank till Xmas.

Everyone’s happy with the integration of youth, coupled with fans goodwill in the bank because he’s our greatest player ever, just starting out down the perilous managerial route...

The downside is the this thread is becoming a trifle boring. ( Much more fun when posters slag off the current gaffer and consequent squabbling.)

13 hours ago, Liam said:

Very good night tonight for Frank.

Won away in Europe against a good side while starting with four youngsters that were playing in the Championship just six months ago. Add Hudson Odoi to that and you have five academy-boys doing the business in the CL. It’s quite incredible and he’s developing them at an astonishing rate.

One thing that is refreshing about Frank is that he genuinely seems to pick his team based on merit versus reputation. That has allowed so many of the academy products to get first team experience this season, often at the expense of more seasoned squad members.

If only Frank stops zonal marking and the set piece defending focuses more on not letting oppositions get a free header.

6 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Played: 12

Wins: 6

Draws: 3

Losses: 3

Winning % = 50%

Four wins in a row in all competitions. We're building nicely under Frank.

The important thing is he keeps evolving his tactics and learning from his errors, for example no using all our energy after half an hour like against Leicester (as amazing to watch as that period was) and we're managing games a lot better now when in control ever since the Sheffield game which was basically a lesson in how not to manage a winning situation.

There will be bumps in the road still but as of now couldn't be happier with the way we're going, we should be looking at comfortable 3rd this season and a title challenge year after next, if not next.

Showed signs that he's learned how to manage a 2nd half from a winning position and how to close a game out with the right subs. Onwards and upwards!!

Should we stop calling West Ham pikeys? The miserable sod Dan levene is on at it again, lampard had to agree with him on the presser. But is it actually offensive?

I don't think it's used as a racist term and think we need to stop diluting fans passion. 

11 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Should we stop calling West Ham pikeys? The miserable sod Dan levene is on at it again, lampard had to agree with him on the presser. But is it actually offensive?

I don't think it's used as a racist term and think we need to stop diluting fans passion. 

Under the ECHR it is deemed a racist according to local people in facebook debates my way and I'm nothing near West Ham or Essex.

Knowing a few of their supporters I also think the term is well off-mark.

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

I wonder if he heard the "Chelsea rent boys" song that was sang, again. He's a bellend with a disgusting agenda using the club to keep himself relevant after losing his job. 

Makes me laugh it honestly does, firstly i dont find the term rent boy offensive, like most chelsea fans, you kind of frown when you hear it and think 'f**k me is that the best you can do'?...But then you see these stories of gay people being bashed up, even woman being attacked for kissing, then you dont find it so funny. Its a shame fans cant see this doesnt hurt us but it will help hurt someone else.

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Makes me laugh it honestly does, firstly i dont find the term rent boy offensive, like most chelsea fans, you kind of frown when you hear it and think 'f**k me is that the best you can do'?...But then you see these stories of gay people being bashed up, even woman being attacked for kissing, then you dont find it so funny. Its a shame fans cant see this doesnt hurt us but it will help hurt someone else.

Rent boys are seen as victims so CFC fans being taunted see this as unpleasant as they don't wat to be seen as victims, I suppose it is similar to us singing in the old days about, 'Sign on, you'll never get a job'' to the Liverpool fans

36 minutes ago, dkw said:

I wonder if he heard the "Chelsea rent boys" song that was sang, again. He's a bellend with a disgusting agenda using the club to keep himself relevant after losing his job. 

The bloke is an absolute prick. He even called a fan a Nazi the other day just because that fan told him to f**k off. He even wanted to know if anybody knew where this fan works in an attempt to get him fired from his job. 

This was my favourite reply to him

39 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's football journalism today, it get clicks. 

Whenever there's an England game there's always about 2-3 articles on racism on Sky and every other media platform. It's just how it is now, it started in America with all their sports and it's come here. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

EGNcqZ5WwAASsB0.jpg

Convenient. 

Chelsea have scored three or more goals in three consecutive Premier League away games for the first time since August 2009.

Are you watching Ancelotti, Benitez, Mourinho II, Conte, Sarri.