ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

6 minutes ago, coco said:

Chelsea have scored three or more goals in three consecutive Premier League away games for the first time since August 2009.

Are you watching Ancelotti, Benitez, Mourinho II, Conte, Sarri.

And then you look at our defensive stats 

👀

Embarrassing at the back at times, but damn are we exciting going forward or what? Still lots of naivety out there which you’d expect from such a young team, but so much fun to watch.

I was one of the camp who really wanted Sarri to stay, but couldn’t be happier with life under Frank so far.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Under the ECHR it is deemed a racist according to local people in facebook debates my way and I'm nothing near West Ham or Essex.

Knowing a few of their supporters I also think the term is well off-mark.

I just don't think the song has a anything to do with the ethnic group of Irish travellers. The term can be used to abuse someone of that group but in this context it's about a poor part of London and calling them scummy chavs. 

I've called people a pikey before. I've never meant that to mean they are part of that specific ethnic group. Just that they are cheap or a thief ... Looked it up, that is the original meaning and it got bastardised to refer principally to gypsies. 

In essence, by calling West Ham pikeys we are returning the phrase to it's original and non racist slur. It's not like West Ham have a historically high gypsy fan base. It's not like the n word, p*k* or y*d which can only mean one group. 

3 hours ago, coco said:

Chelsea have scored three or more goals in three consecutive Premier League away games for the first time since August 2009.

Are you watching Ancelotti, Benitez, Mourinho II, Conte, Sarri.

August 2009 was Carlo wasn’t it?

I was thinking today that we’re playing the most entertaining football since Carlo, banging in goals for fun but conceding a sh*t ton too :laugh2:

6 minutes ago, Boulahrouz9 said:

Still feels surreal watching this team and backroom staff. Thought we were brilliant in the second half and support looked amazing too. 

They are working harder and harder for you every day...this is just the start...

frank-lampard.jpg?itok=pjBNEhxe&timestam

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

August 2009 was Carlo wasn’t it?

Iirc the first two games were at the end of 08/09 with the third being the first away game under Carlo.

A 4-1 win at The Emirates followed by two 3 something wins at Sunderland if memory serves me right.

Its a real pleasure to weigh up how Frank and Jody have started the season. The feel good factor is something I can't ever remember having about a manager since Jose first arrived and even that is exceeded because Frank is a former player of some standing. Actually I think he is our greatest ever player. As a PL manager he got smashed 4-0 in his first game and struggled a bit thereafter. Since then though the results have improved and settled down. And this is the thing. There is improvement. OK we conceded again from sloppy defending but just the one this time.

The most heartening thing for me is that he seems to understand that creating scoring chances is key. The tactics are basically attacking and he seems to be able shape and organise the team into making attacking opportunities.

Whatever he is saying to the team is working. We are improving and we are creating chances. This won't happen every week and there will be setbacks but the overall trajectory is good. The board must also be loving this. They are weathering their self induced ban, keeping the fans onside and saving a fortune in transfer fees.

3 hours ago, Andy North said:

Its a real pleasure to weigh up how Frank and Jody have started the season. The feel good factor is something I can't ever remember having about a manager since Jose first arrived and even that is exceeded because Frank is a former player of some standing. Actually I think he is our greatest ever player. As a PL manager he got smashed 4-0 in his first game and struggled a bit thereafter. Since then though the results have improved and settled down. And this is the thing. There is improvement. OK we conceded again from sloppy defending but just the one this time.

The most heartening thing for me is that he seems to understand that creating scoring chances is key. The tactics are basically attacking and he seems to be able shape and organise the team into making attacking opportunities.

Whatever he is saying to the team is working. We are improving and we are creating chances. This won't happen every week and there will be setbacks but the overall trajectory is good. The board must also be loving this. They are weathering their self induced ban, keeping the fans onside and saving a fortune in transfer fees.

And once again we are showing the league the way forward, we got nearly all the teams to play with 3 CBs after Conte's winning run and now the media is asking why aren't the other PL clubs also looking to bring the youth through too.

Of course on neither account should other teams follow us unless it suits their squad yet it paints us as one of the leading clubs by influence.

i think finally we got the zonal right, which was a hybrid system of marking their central players and keeping a zonal line aswell.. i think for this to succeed we need to prevent players from having a free run and jump .. because even if you put Drogba there then its impossible odds to defend.. on the other hand even if you have a mount inhibiting their run slowing them down it will improve our chances of defending in a zonal system,,

18 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

And once again we are showing the league the way forward, we got nearly all the teams to play with 3 CBs after Conte's winning run and now the media is asking why aren't the other PL clubs also looking to bring the youth through too.

Of course on neither account should other teams follow us unless it suits their squad yet it paints us as one of the leading clubs by influence.

We've got one of the best academies in the world and probably the best funded. Our youth players haven't come about by accident, it's been ten years of work with each of them. 

Other clubs literally can't do the same. So they shouldn't. The media seem to not realise how our academy has been on a different level for 10+ years 

18 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think we have to moderate our pride a little as this wouldn't be happening were it not for the ban. There's a chance Sarri wouldn't have left and no doubt the board would have invested in the team and the young guns wouldn't be making such a contribution.

We have stumbled upon this model but it wouldn't be happening without Frank and the young guns picking up the gauntlet and running with it. They have done well so far and long may it continue.

Utd are trying to integrate their youth, Greenwood, Rashford, McTominay and have bought in James but in truth they aren't as good as our lads and they will either revert to type or fail. We have the best bunch of youth players out there and it's great to see them finally getting their chance. I also think they have been managed well with loans spells at championship clubs where they get match experience in a competitive league against good players, many of who have played in the premier league.

It will be interesting to see if CHO keeps Pulisic out of the team and if Tomori keeps his place when Rudiger comes back. Will Mason keep his position when RLC returns. These are all issues Frank has to deal with and we will see if he can keep them all happy and the team performing well at the same time. Its a heck of challenge for a rookie PL manager but I suspect it's a bit easier taking care of a young squad than a team full of experienced pros'. Imagine trying to manage the likes of JT and DD in your first season.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

We've got one of the best academies in the world and probably the best funded. Our youth players haven't come about by accident, it's been ten years of work with each of them. 

Other clubs literally can't do the same. So they shouldn't. The media seem to not realise how our academy has been on a different level for 10+ years 

Agree yet the market thought the gulf was just too high between the younger players and the foreign professionals, great to see us start to break that mold.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Agree yet the market thought the gulf was just too high between the younger players and the foreign professionals, great to see us start to break that mold.

We need to continue to be brave. 

Next season, do we actually need to sign a striker? We have Tammy and Michy, move on Giroud and have a youth prospect be third choice. Do we need another CB could Zouma / Christensen make way for Ampadu / Guehi. 

These are the brave decisions we need to continue making if this method continues to work. Potentially the only signing we need next season is a wide player to replace Willian + Pedro. Arguably every other position we have covered with current+youth. Spend BIG on Sancho with the savings we are making. That's how we evolve.

33 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Next season, do we actually need to sign a striker? We have Tammy and Michy, move on Giroud and have a youth prospect be third choice. Do we need another CB could Zouma / Christensen make way for Ampadu / Guehi. 

These are the brave decisions we need to continue making if this method continues to work. Potentially the only signing we need next season is a wide player to replace Willian + Pedro. Arguably every other position we have covered with current+youth. Spend BIG on Sancho with the savings we are making. That's how we evolve.

Where we need to invest will become apparent by the end of the season. With our young players showing so much it is hard to say but yes Willian and Pedro aren't getting any younger so they seem to be obvious choices for replacing. Previously the club have tried to invest in youngish players whose value would continue to increase but that may not be the case looking forward. If anything we could do with some top quality experience. I think we have a top player in Ampadu but the poor kid isn't getting a chance at Leipzig. We should take him back or loan him to a Championship side at Xmas if possible.

I trust Frank to make brave decisions and could only be impressed with his substitutions against Southampton. The 4th goal was made by Frank with Pulisic assisting Michy's goal after a few minutes of being on the pitch. Is Frank growing into the job? It seems so. Can he keep it up? I hope so.

I'll stick with how I viewed Frank when we appointed him. He's very smart, a hard worker and always reads the game well, all great qualities to start off with and now he's learning on the job.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I would say before buying a striker let's see how Tammy and Michy work out, and if they do well do we have other quality in the development squad.

If not then let's go to the market.

5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I would say before buying a striker let's see how Tammy and Michy work out, and if they do well do we have other quality in the development squad.

If not then let's go to the market.

Alright mate now let him have a nice international break thanks

11160.jpg

Embarrassing at the back at times, but damn are we exciting going forward or what? Still lots of naivety out there which you’d expect from such a young team, but so much fun to watch.
I was one of the camp who really wanted Sarri to stay, but couldn’t be happier with life under Frank so far.

I was in the Sarri in boat too but man we are exciting to watch I just get nervous eveytime we have to defend

We’ve witnessed 1/5 of the premier league season pass.

Chelsea are 5th a point of top 4. Tammy is joint top scorer on 8. 3 academy players have 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿1st team call ups. We are alive in all 4 comps.

Those same young players who have stepped up in the prem have perhaps unintentionally motivated some of the older heads to perform at a higher level - Willy & Jorginho 

Equally as important our usual top 6 rivals are not all doing that great. Gooners are a point in front but not really deservedly better than us. Spuds & Manure seem to be in a tailspin.

Hard to find much to complain about Frank & Jody’s managerial/ coaching performance so far. 

25 minutes ago, General said:

We’ve witnessed 1/5 of the premier league season pass.

Chelsea are 5th a point of top 4. Tammy is joint top scorer on 8. 3 academy players have 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿1st team call ups. We are alive in all 4 comps.

Those same young players who have stepped up in the prem have perhaps unintentionally motivated some of the older heads to perform at a higher level - Willy & Jorginho 

Equally as important our usual top 6 rivals are not all doing that great. Gooners are a point in front but not really deservedly better than us. Spuds & Manure seem to be in a tailspin.

Hard to find much to complain about Frank & Jody’s managerial/ coaching performance so far. 

It's bloody great I say, the feel good factor is something special at the moment, walking from the pub in Southampton city centre to st Mary's on Sunday before the game everywhere were groups of Chelsea  fans singing and enjoying themselves.

Posted (edited)

Trust in the manager to know who we need to bring in. 

In all honesty I don't know if Frank will want to sign many new players even if he can. If the standard doesn't drop who are his signings? 

Young players all over the pitch who are excelling, why do we need to buy anyone except to provide depth? The future is looking bright my friends. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

On 08/10/2019 at 08:52, Andy North said:

Imagine trying to manage the likes of JT and DD in your first season.

Just go out and do your stuff lads.