ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

36 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Given our recent injuries, does anyone think that maybe Lampard’s supposedly strict training might be the cause of the injuries? Not saying he is and I have no evidence to say it is but I wonder if pushing them so much every day might be having a negative effect. 

We seem to have been lucky over the years with injuries. Don’t know how much was down to luck and how much good management. This years main injuries seem to have stemmed from the tale end of last year though. CHO, RLC, Kante, James and Rudiger all long term from last season, maybe Lampard pushed a bit early to get Kante and Rudiger back in but you can understand that considering the quality of both players. Barkley has been a bit injury prone since his arrival.

Would love Lampard to get an injury free run for a few weeks and hopefully the medical team can steer things in the right direction.

As far as Lampard training the guys too hard, I’ve never heard anything suggesting that unlike Conte who is well renown for pushing players to the limit.

Rudiger won’t play a regular part this season I’d say the same with Kante but he’s such a freak he will probably prove me wrong .. rudiger and (probably) Kante are out for the season.. I’ve read about players before that get these niggles after long term injuries and they usually don’t stop picking them up until they get a long couple of months break and the pressures off to return ( end of season) fascinatingly it’s thought to be Actually be a psychological reaction that causes injury like a negative placebo, the player rushes to get back and is anxious and stressed to get back out there , body releases cortisol, tendons, ligaments and muscles are strained and injuries happen very easily. Human consciousness is so amazing but when you consider the human brain can create multiple personality disorder due to childhood trauma it’s not all that surprising. Just thought I’d offer some pessimistic predictions about our injuries.

53 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Based on the last 8 with the exception of Liverpool we are doing rather well

image.png.2c3842a6767523dba353a2048c89d656.png

image.png

I thought Chelsea played l'puke quite well that day - I know I wasn't the only one either - in my local Chelsea Bar, we all had warm & fuzzy feeling after that match

On 25/10/2019 at 14:52, goose said:

We seem to have been lucky over the years with injuries. Don’t know how much was down to luck and how much good management. This years main injuries seem to have stemmed from the tale end of last year though. CHO, RLC, Kante, James and Rudiger all long term from last season, maybe Lampard pushed a bit early to get Kante and Rudiger back in but you can understand that considering the quality of both players. Barkley has been a bit injury prone since his arrival.

Would love Lampard to get an injury free run for a few weeks and hopefully the medical team can steer things in the right direction.

As far as Lampard training the guys too hard, I’ve never heard anything suggesting that unlike Conte who is well renown for pushing players to the limit.

Abraham gave an interview mentioning how they were 'hating' the amount of energy they were putting in pre-season (the running) in preparation for implementing the high press.

Is Frank getting the rub of the green at the moment or does he just make very good judgements?  He brought the subs on at Southampton and they scored, he did the same against Ajax and they scored again and  his only change in the Burnley game gets a hat-trick. I know we are all loving watching the young guns play their socks off but the manager is becoming a bit of a star at the same time. He saw CHO didn't have such a good game at Ajax and gave Pulisic his chance. How Frank manages the players who don't make the team will be key to the unity of the squad this year but he seems to be doing well at the moment.

Frank has taken on a massive challenge here after only one season in management at Derby so the pressure to step up is huge. This increase hasn't overwhelmed him so far and for the most he is exceeding expectations.

It's early days but this doesn't stop us looking at the reasons behind the current success. There really is a visible unity in the team that can be seen in the goal celebrations. The high frequency of goals also adds to the opportunity to celebrate. I also see creativity coming from the training field to the pitch with dummies and touch and shoot goals.

I have to say I think the ban has helped as Chelsea have had the best academy players for 10 years yet only now are they coming into the team. We have a high proportion of young players either starting or in the squad and while a lack of experience may create issues later in the season, I think there are two benefits at the moment. Firstly the young guys have enormous energy and they keep working the high press. It's exhausting but they have the lungs. Secondly I think Frank benefits from having a high number of malleable players in the dressing room. As inexperienced players they are listening to Frank and Jody and wanting to learn.  He doesn't have to contend with a Diego Costa of a bunch of old pros throwing their weight about. Starting out with such good young talent he can mould these players into something for the future.

It's not clear what that something is at the moment but there are some very good signs taking hold. This team of young guns has twice travelled away midweek and won in the champions league only to come back and win away in the premier league. This indicates not only a high level of skill and ability but resilience and psychological strength. This is Franks Blueprint.

Long may it continue.

COYB.

25 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Is Frank getting the rub of the green at the moment or does he just make very good judgements?  He brought the subs on at Southampton and they scored, he did the same against Ajax and they scored again and  his only change in the Burnley game gets a hat-trick. I know we are all loving watching the young guns play their socks off but the manager is becoming a bit of a star at the same time. He saw CHO didn't have such a good game at Ajax and gave Pulisic his chance. How Frank manages the players who don't make the team will be key to the unity of the squad this year but he seems to be doing well at the moment.

Frank has taken on a massive challenge here after only one season in management at Derby so the pressure to step up is huge. This increase hasn't overwhelmed him so far and for the most he is exceeding expectations.

It's early days but this doesn't stop us looking at the reasons behind the current success. There really is a visible unity in the team that can be seen in the goal celebrations. The high frequency of goals also adds to the opportunity to celebrate. I also see creativity coming from the training field to the pitch with dummies and touch and shoot goals.

I have to say I think the ban has helped as Chelsea have had the best academy players for 10 years yet only now are they coming into the team. We have a high proportion of young players either starting or in the squad and while a lack of experience may create issues later in the season, I think there are two benefits at the moment. Firstly the young guys have enormous energy and they keep working the high press. It's exhausting but they have the lungs. Secondly I think Frank benefits from having a high number of malleable players in the dressing room. As inexperienced players they are listening to Frank and Jody and wanting to learn.  He doesn't have to contend with a Diego Costa of a bunch of old pros throwing their weight about. Starting out with such good young talent he can mould these players into something for the future.

It's not clear what that something is at the moment but there are some very good signs taking hold. This team of young guns has twice travelled away midweek and won in the champions league only to come back and win away in the premier league. This indicates not only a high level of skill and ability but resilience and psychological strength. This is Franks Blueprint.

Long may it continue.

COYB.

Mix of both. He can only do the best he can when the game is on, during tactical meetings with his coaches, boards etc and press conferences.

Lots of things this current Chelsea side can improve on. KTBFFH

Frank realises he cannot play all his attacking players and thinks they are nearly all good enough to start. So he looks to bring on at least one, this also makes if difficult for the defending team facing fresh legs and a quality forward. Increases the chances of scoring.

3 hours ago, Andy North said:

Long may it continue.

COYB.

I think being a big player himself has helped him in this regard, he knows what makes players tick.

Also, it's very funny watching Arsenal fans who wrote us off at the start of the season now say that Lampard is doing an amazing job, given the fact we've lost Hazard and had a transfer ban.

It seems Giroud and Pedro are the only senior players not getting regular minutes. When we have the full squad at our disposal there will be more dissatisfaction among players.

3 hours ago, evissy said:

It seems Giroud and Pedro are the only senior players not getting regular minutes. When we have the full squad at our disposal there will be more dissatisfaction among players.

I could see both of those moving on in the January window.

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think its good to have competition for places and if we go deep in a couple of competitions we may need both. I don't think theres any financial pressure to sell.

Pedro still has something to offer if we pick up some injuries. Depth of squad becomes important later in the season.

One thing that struck me the most is how nobody speaks about Hazard - I really thought we will be moaning about the loss, but as things stand we aren’t even missing him.

Of course I miss him, but we’re doing well! I wonder if Hazard stayed we’d be playing a different game, since we were so reliant on him.

15 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I thought they both had slight knocks, hence not getting any mins. 

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

One thing that struck me the most is how nobody speaks about Hazard - I really thought we will be moaning about the loss, but as things stand we aren’t even missing him.

Of course I miss him, but we’re doing well! I wonder if Hazard stayed we’d be playing a different game, since we were so reliant on him.

I wonder if Eden looks on and thinks what if I'd stayed? Why did I listen to that snake, and let him talk me into the poisonous club in Madrid. Once a blue always a blue Eden

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

I wonder if Eden looks on and thinks what if I'd stayed? Why did I listen to that snake, and let him talk me into the poisonous club in Madrid. Once a blue always a blue Eden

The guys that probably have regrets are the likes of Panzo and Bulka, who bailed out on the back of lack of opportunities for youth, and are now watching many of their youth team mates pulling up trees in the first team at CFC while they are pulling splinters out of their arses at Monaco/Bruges and PSG respectively ... the "grass is not always greener" as the old expression goes ... even for Hazard  🙂

I honestly don't think about hazard much anymore if ever if he was here I think we would be one dimensional

My theory is that we’re a better team without Hazard. It is more of a team effort - Conte, Jose and Sarri have all said the same. 

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

The guys that probably have regrets are the likes of Panzo and Bulka, who bailed out on the back of lack of opportunities for youth, and are now watching many of their youth team mates pulling up trees in the first team at CFC while they are pulling splinters out of their arses at Monaco/Bruges and PSG respectively ... the "grass is not always greener" as the old expression goes ... even for Hazard  🙂

Pulling up trees and pulling out splinters! Love it!

Those who thought we would miss Hazard can pull the other one!

45 minutes ago, JM7 said:

My theory is that we’re a better team without Hazard. It is more of a team effort - Conte, Jose and Sarri have all said the same. 

I want to believe that but I'll refrain from saying it just yet, because it's far too early and I don't want to eat my own words. 

But it's refreshing not having to rely on the same player over and over again, its become more of a team effort. 

Edited by Slojo

13 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I thought they both had slight knocks, hence not getting any mins. 

Yes they have had knocks yet even so they are further down the pecking order for me.