ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

Seriously I'm super pumped for this season now, I'm so f**king happy right now. Some of my favourite memories as a Chelsea fan have come because of this guy, I really hope this works out for all of us, which I'm sure it will, players will instantly respect him. 

Although i'm still cautious in the long term this is probably still the best managerial appointment we could make with what was available to us. 

There's likely to be a morale boost and i expect us to start the new season strongly, it's after Christmas him and Jody will be tested. 

Will be content with top 6 and a tasty run in one of the domestic cups.

Super Frankie Lampard! Buzzing for next season now - just the news we needed after Hazard leaving and transfer ban. I've got a feeling we're going to surprise a few next season! 

Frank's farewell message to Derby County:

"I would like to say a special thank you to Mel Morris, the players, staff and everyone who is associated with Derby County Football Club," 

“It has been a fantastic experience for me, and I feel privileged to have managed such a prestigious club.

“Most of all, I want to thank the fans who supported me and the team from the day I arrived in the City. I wish everyone the best of luck going forward.”

Absolute class.

I have real reservations about his return, but at the end of the day he is, and always will be, a Chelsea legend, so naturally I wish him the very best. 

Whether you think it's too early for him to be our manager or not, you can't deny how good it feels to have Frank home again.  This is going to give anyone involved with Chelsea in any way, shape or form a massive lift.

Welcome back, Super Frank!

I'm chuffed, obviously our scatter gun managerial process is bound to make us all a bit nervous, and no one wants this to end badly.

Having said that I feel that Lampard understands the club, and crucially the owner in a way other managers simply didn't get. We know it will be a challenge and he won't be able to make new signings, but this could be a positive thing. We have a great youth team and there'll be none of that, "well you got your signings, now we expect results" mind set.

I know he's inexperienced as a manager but he is not inexperienced when it comes to the unique challenges of CFC. I fully expect him to be better than AVB, Scolari and Sarri. Hazard going is huge loss obviously, but I hope the fans don't turn on him if we have a dodgy season.

I'd be happy to settle for a few years of failure if we actually start to build something. Welcome back Frank, let the West Ham triggering commence.

If he can instill his work rate, professionalism and passion he had as a player into the current lot and bring through some youngsters, this will be a great appointment.  Like a few I do hope this dosn't end in tears but you dont get anywhere without taking some risks

Welcome home Super Frankie Lampard

This just has such a feel good factor about it and in football that factor has the effect of a few new signings, let’s hope Frank can keep it up, his first team test will come when we have a wobble but I’m confident he has the calibre to cope, winners are winners, we know he has the mentality. 

Can we still chant Super Frank or is it Mr. Lampard now? 

I propose we start the lampard in or out poll now.

I'm hoping he's here at least 2 years. Am looking forward to the Leicester game, got tickets, will be a great atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Although i'm still cautious in the long term this is probably still the best managerial appointment we could make with what was available to us. 

There's likely to be a morale boost and i expect us to start the new season strongly, it's after Christmas him and Jody will be tested. 

couldnt agree more, 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Same here, but I wonder how many people will still be as optimistic in the long term future if we end up 12th after the first year. Untested manager, main signing never played in this country before, untried youngsters some of which recently injured, transfer embargo and a media circus loving every single slip up and mistake as a chance to hammer our racist, fickle, serve yourself right, fans!