Jump to content

ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

Recommended Posts

Lampard has being simply outstanding. Can you imagine other established managers with this current team, I would be surprised if we had one or two academy player in the first team let alone 5-6

On a different note. How disappointing with match of the day no one mentioned the penalty! I have a feeling like we are still disliked by media! Also, the analysis in there now is soo so poor.. Shearer and Wright are not good at all. 

Loving Lampard and long may it continue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re very lucky how things have panned our so far. I’m sure not many of us were that optimistic at the start of the season. 
 

I just hope that it can continue and it is genuine.  Sarri had “new manager bounce” and OGS did as well before eventually it flatting out. I would think that given we started abit poorly but things have got better then it shows the quality of coaching and management rather than simply “new manager bounce”. 

Edited by JM7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JM7 said:

We’re very lucky how things have panned our so far. I’m sure not many of us were that optimistic at the start of the season. 
 

I just hope that it can continue and it is genuine.  Sarri had “new manager bounce” and OGS did as well before eventually it flatting out. I would think that given we started abit poorly but things have got better then it shows the quality of coaching and management rather than simply “new manager bounce”. 

That's the thing that's so impressive with Lampard. If you don't play well you are out. It keeps all the players vigilant and not complacent. Its no favours with Lampard, if you don't play well you out. We saw that with Alonso this week, he would rather pick a half fit Palmieri than him. Also, he rewards good form casing point Pulisic and CHO. Also, the improvements of Jorginho and Kovacic have being magnificent, no doubt that's Lampard's influence. Not in my wildest dreams I would have thought they would become so good, and most Chelsea supporters including me were against signing of Kovacic and a lot of us said Sarri should take Jorginho with him too! Look at them now, best duo in the league. 

He is so brave, articulate and most importantly he is Chelsea through and through so this job for him is not about money but rather love of the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Munkworth said:

We have 4 fit midfielders at the moment and play with 3. They can’t play every minute of every game. We needed to rotate and Gilmour was the only option. If he didn’t give a sh*t he’d have left out one of the two experienced players. 

So why not play the strongest XI against united and the rotated team against the worst team in the league?

I didn't say he didn't give a sh*t, I didn't say I didn't give a sh*t. Just said he won't lose sleep over it and I said I'm somewhat happy because it removes fixture congestion at a stage when last year we stumbled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gentian said:

That's the thing that's so impressive with Lampard. If you don't play well you are out. It keeps all the players vigilant and not complacent. Its no favours with Lampard, if you don't play well you out. We saw that with Alonso this week, he would rather pick a half fit Palmieri than him. Also, he rewards good form casing point Pulisic and CHO. Also, the improvements of Jorginho and Kovacic have being magnificent, no doubt that's Lampard's influence. Not in my wildest dreams I would have thought they would become so good, and most Chelsea supporters including me were against signing of Kovacic and a lot of us said Sarri should take Jorginho with him too! Look at them now, best duo in the league. 

He is so brave, articulate and most importantly he is Chelsea through and through so this job for him is not about money but rather love of the club. 

I think you are right with one exception.......Mount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next time out we face Palace with no Jorginho and I am assuming Kante won't be fit.

In that case I would be tempted to play Gilmour in the Jorginho role alongside Kovacic though not sure he has played role that before.  The only other option I see is Barkley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might sound like a joke but would Kante even get in the team right now? I don't think you could justify breaking up the Jorginho-Kovacic combo to be honest.
They are complementing eachother superbly well and are performing at a fantastic level currently. Credit to them and massive credit to Lampard for getting the best out of both of them. They both looked lost last year and they have completely turned it around.

As a matter of fact Lampard have improved nearly every single player in our squad. It's fantastic to see and there is a unity and fight and passion in this team that remind me of Mourinho's first years at the club back in 2004-2007.
Only this time our squad is filled with academy-products that are playing great which is obviously an extra bonus in all this. 

 

 

Edited by Sindre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sindre said:

This might sound like a joke but would Kante even get in the team right now? I don't think you could justify breaking up the Jorginho-Kovacic combo to be honest.

It's a good question as to how Frank would handle that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JM7 said:

We’re very lucky how things have panned our so far. I’m sure not many of us were that optimistic at the start of the season. 
 

I just hope that it can continue and it is genuine.  Sarri had “new manager bounce” and OGS did as well before eventually it flatting out. I would think that given we started abit poorly but things have got better then it shows the quality of coaching and management rather than simply “new manager bounce”. 

We didn't get a new manager bounce, we won twice in our first eight games.

The OGS effect was down to United players being more happy and clinical for a while, the quality of football we're seeing here can't be explained away with a mere bounce, it takes some serious quality coaching to teach some of the patterns in our play.

That said I do think we will hit another lean spell sometime purely because it's inevitable in a squad with only two players at their peak in it, that's why I hope the title talk doesn't start if we keep up the run longer because it's not realistically on this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Next time out we face Palace with no Jorginho and I am assuming Kante won't be fit.

In that case I would be tempted to play Gilmour in the Jorginho role alongside Kovacic though not sure he has played role that before.  The only other option I see is Barkley.

Gilmour’s ideal role is deeper not further up the pitch like he played against Utd. Wouldn’t be surprise if he played Reece James as a replacement for Jorginho, he was effective in that role for Wigan last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Argo said:

We didn't get a new manager bounce, we won twice in our first eight games.

The OGS effect was down to United players being more happy and clinical for a while, the quality of football we're seeing here can't be explained away with a mere bounce, it takes some serious quality coaching to teach some of the patterns in our play.

That said I do think we will hit another lean spell sometime purely because it's inevitable in a squad with only two players at their peak in it, that's why I hope the title talk doesn't start if we keep up the run longer because it's not realistically on this season.

I'd agree with you about the lean spell, we have some tough fixtures coming up - Palace are no mugs then City away followed by Villa, Everton, Bournemouth then Spurs away. Fortunately our recent form should keep us in the running for top 4 until January.

Edited by the special one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, the special one said:

I'd agree with you about the lean spell, we have some tough fixtures coming up - Palace are no mugs then City away followed by Villa, Everton, Bournemouth then Spurs away. Fortunately our recent form should keep us in the running for top 4 until January.

We definitely need to get ahead as much as possible especially while United, Arsenal and Spurs are in a mess. United and Spurs are more than 10 points behind us and Arsenal 6. 
 

You have to believe that Spurs and Arsenal will pick their pace up and get back to their normal form. 

Edited by JM7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion but I'd like to see just once a midfield of Mount, Kova, Kante and Jorginho. 

There are times I wished football was played with 12 people just so we can see this midfield with our brilliant set of wingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ducavis said:

Gilmour’s ideal role is deeper not further up the pitch like he played against Utd. Wouldn’t be surprise if he played Reece James as a replacement for Jorginho, he was effective in that role for Wigan last season.

Haven't seen James in that midfield role though that is a possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gentian said:

Lampard has being simply outstanding. Can you imagine other established managers with this current team, I would be surprised if we had one or two academy player in the first team let alone 5-6

On a different note. How disappointing with match of the day no one mentioned the penalty! I have a feeling like we are still disliked by media! Also, the analysis in there now is soo so poor.. Shearer and Wright are not good at all. 

Loving Lampard and long may it continue. 

Oh come on. The media absolutely love us at the moment. Apart from the fact that everything is perfect and so there aren't any stories to write. 

MOTD didn't mention the penalty but it was implied by linekar that lampard was right in his post match interview and they just didn't bother going further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved all the changes he made last night, maybe got it slightly wrong with Alonso starting the game but taking him off at half time was an absolute game changer.

Sarri wouldve probably waited until 60 Minutes and taken Kova off for Kante or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the way Frank gets on the front foot if he makes a mistake with selection or tactics.

The most encouraging thing about his evolution as coach is his willingness to learn and adapt. It's a stark contrast to Sarri's rigid and stubborn ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jezz said:

Love the way Frank gets on the front foot if he makes a mistake with selection or tactics.

The most encouraging thing about his evolution as coach is his willingness to learn and adapt. It's a stark contrast to Sarri's rigid and stubborn ways.

Yes very impressed to see him sub Marcos at half-time when we were up against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew SFL would be a success as Chelsea manager, although he’s exceeded my expectations in this current time line. I gave him a few words of advice in Seattle all those years ago and now look at him  !! 😉 

3C8D7300-B71E-47C1-9F83-942D9E06F0E9.jpeg

Edited by General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Interesting read about the last seasons misfits coming good this season.

You guessed it, Kovacic gets a big mention as does the near future tough decision Frank is likely to have once Kante is fit

https://www.football365.com/news/misfit-to-must-have-five-premier-league-second-season-wonders

 

 

If Kante is fit you have to play him. Its as simple as that. If there is any doubt and a chance of the injury reoccurring you don't. His contribution is almost that of two players and he tightens up the defence and takes control of the centre of the pitch. Kovacic has been exceptional but Kante is more exceptional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the never say die and fighting mentality Frank installed in this bunch of players. I have seen better Chelsea teams throw their towels in when in scenarios like Tuesday, this team just never lost the belief and kept going. When you are brave, you get that bit of luck like we did. If we didn't press them, their players wouldn't have resulted in fouls and got themselves sent off, VAR or not, we deserved something out of that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 14:06, Sindre said:

Mason Mount have signed a new five-year deal with the club.

Excellent news.

That looks a really great move now, doesn't it,:tHumBsBeeR:

Well done Super Frankie and I have been very impressed by Mason Mount this season.::clap2::

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit to being surprised by just well Frankie Lampard has done as our manager, so far this season.

Reading his autobiography from 2006,

It's obvious, with hindsight,  ( hindsight is great I admit !) of  just how much of a desire he seemed to have to be a coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...